Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-30-2002, 10:56 PM   #1
52Dirk41

52Dirk41 is on a distinguished road

To be honest I was kinda glad that the mavs were in a tight game tonight(even thought it was the bucks) because I want to see how Nelson would take care of the game in the crunch time...but it led to a HUGE disappointment and here's why:

1). Bell hit a big 3 in the 4th quarter and forced bucks into a time out, but nellie however decided to pull out bell(maybe our only defensive stoper) and put in van exel who missed 2 or 3 shots and caused a few turnovers. It wasn't until the bucks started to pull close that nellie suddenly realized his mistake and put in bell again.
2). WHY THE HELL DID NELSON LET NASH THROW UP THAT 3?!?!?!? I don't know if it was a game plan or something that just happened on the court..but dirk was extremely hot and effective and getting to the free throw line at will so why do they not feed him the ball?!?! You've got to have a GO TO GUY and that guy is certainly Dirk! it wasn't until we were trailing by 3 points did we go to dirk ( and guess wut happend!??! he got to the line!) but sorry it was all too late!

I don't know how long will it take for nelson to realize who our go to guy is even though it seems like the whole world knows but him...if we cant take care of the bucks in crunch time, i dunno wut will happen in the playoffs against teh kings or lakers... VERY VERY disappointed about how we handle games at the end..
Old 12-31-2002, 02:26 PM   #2
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

<< VERY VERY disappointed about how we handle games at the end.. >>

It's a fact, we have lost some games in which we had a big lead. Last and this season there have been MANY games in which we have had a huge lead (30 points or more) and we just win by 10 or so; and some of them with our starters on the court in the last minutes. But we have still had a good winning record; thus, we can permit it yet if we win the championship or if we just have a high level playoffs' series.
Old 01-01-2003, 01:56 PM   #3
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

Fresh off one hell of a hang-over here so forgive me if I sound a little Uberdirkish. I Apologize if this is already posted, was I the only one who saw that Dirk came off his own screen had basically a wide open lane to the basket for the game tying slam with only a couple of seconds left? Hell I already began to toast my beer to the T.V. I love what Nash does on the floor and have absolutely no problem with him jacking up the games final shot under any circumstances. However it looked like to me that he had to have seen the play developing,the guys got vision like a fly, and yet still decided to jack one up with too much time on the clock and a man in his face. Allow me to play Freud here, I think he realized that he made the wrong decision right before jacking it up resulting in the oh shit shot.
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 02:26 PM   #4
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

<< 2). WHY THE HELL DID NELSON LET NASH THROW UP THAT 3?!?!?!? >>

Yeah, why didn't Nelson go out onto the court and tackle Nash, to prevent him from taking that shot? That's a poor tackling effort by Nellie!?!
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 10:50 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

everything isn't nellie's fault..the players must take some responsibility obviously..but i think that nellie has instilled a mindset with this team that needs to be slightly altered..

don't jack up whatever shot whenever. this seems to be nellie's mindset. i'd like the mavs to run more offense through the low post if possible (no, not all of it..but i do think the subtle change does need to be made)
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote