Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-09-2007, 09:30 AM   #1
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shooting guards - Which one do you prefer?

Assume for the purpose of discussion that the Mavs have decided to deal Jason Terry to get a legitimate starting SG to pair with Devin Harris in the backcourt next year. Here are some names I came up with that *might* be realistic targets that the Mavs could acquire in exchange for Terry:

Corey Maggette
Ricky Davis
Mike Miller
Larry Hughes *
J.R. Smith +
Bobby Simmons
Jamal Crawford
DeShawn Stevenson

* - Dallas would have to add another player to make salaries match
+ - The other team would have to add another player to make salaries match

Out of those names, Miller and Davis would be the main two that are attractive to me.

Thoughts?
Old 05-09-2007, 09:43 AM   #2
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Honestly, I don't like any of the guys above for this team. My dream two guard is either a guy who can catch and shoot a mid range shot or 3. I'd like a slasher as well but i'd like that to come from the point guard position to be honest. JR Smith will be available and after his showing in the Spurs series I want nothing to do with him. Maggette and Ricky Davis are more guys with talent and could do this team wonders because they're big physical guards but they're also hot heads. I have no problem with guys having a little edge to them but these guys are the type to not take their team into consideration when they make dumb decisions.

My favorite guy on the list is Bobby Simmons though. I'm a huge fan of his but not really sure if he fits what this team really needs. But that's the guy I like ont eh list.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:25 AM   #3
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

If your dream two guard is a guy who can catch and shoot, what's wrong with Mike Miller?
Old 05-09-2007, 10:33 AM   #4
a.weidner

a.weidner has a spectacular aura abouta.weidner has a spectacular aura about

I wouldn't mind getting Mike Miller. But the swingman I'd prefer us going after is Ron Artest. Very high risk, huge reward. Yes, he has severe mental issues, but maybe, just maybe, Avery could keep him in line. I don't know what it would take to get him, but I guess his stock is as low as it'll ever be. If it doesn't work out we can always dump him to NY. He has the potential to give us everything we could ask for from the 2/3 (apart from passing). I guess it's likely he would blow up at some point, but it could also work out perfectly. Let's gamble.
a.weidner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:36 AM   #5
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Personally, I'd prefer to add a guy like Miller and then use the MLE to sign James Posey.

Dampier - Diop - M'Benga
Nowitzki - Pops
Howard - Posey
Miller - Stackhouse
Harris - Barea

Miller is capable of playing backup PG, and both Miller and Posey are zone busters with their three point shooting ability.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:46 AM   #6
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
If your dream two guard is a guy who can catch and shoot, what's wrong with Mike Miller?
Ahh I missed him on the list. Yea i'd definately take Mike Miller. Not sure if he's a starting 2 or a 6th man but i'd definately take him on this Mavs team. Honestly, i'd love to have Terry on this team if he was 6'6 but he isn't. Miller however is and can also shoot lights out. I haven't seen much of Miller to know if he can hit the big shots like Terry can though.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:09 AM   #7
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Maggette and Simmons are the ones on the list I like. I think both could come in and do a descent job. I am not sure they would put the Mavs over the top though.

I am not sure how exactly, but I really think Dallas needs to call Seattle and see if Ray Allen is available. That would send Terry home, and get a true SG. Harris, Allen, Howard, Dirk, and ??? would be a better offense and defense. Could you get Seattle to do a Allen for Terry without giving up Harris, Dirk, or Howard? I don't know, you would definitely have to sweeten the pot, but it might get them in a position to re-sign RLewis with Terry.

In my opinion, Dallas should first try to get Jermaine Oneal --- which they probably can't do. But if not, then RAllen next, and then others including the above if these two didn't work.

Maggette is an intriguing thought, starting SG, and replacement for Stack. You would still need another shooter then though.
I don't remember Simmons defense, but I remember I liked his offense. How good is he at defense?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:21 AM   #8
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Would love to have Mike Miller on the team.

But honestly, I would take each and every one of those players to replace Terry.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:18 PM   #9
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Maggette would be my first choice. He works straight up for Terry, and the Clippers desperately need some sort of point. You might have to add the Atlanta second rounder, but I think that would be enough.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 05:15 PM   #10
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Maggette would be ideal if we could get him for Terry, but I wouldn't be disappointed with Miller either. Doesn't really solve our actual problems but they are nice upgrades for each team I guess.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 05:29 PM   #11
Dortmund

Dortmund will become famous soon enoughDortmund will become famous soon enough

Lets take a risk and snatch up Bobby Simmons. Surely can be had for peanuts. His contract isnt great but if he is able to play then it will definantly be worth it.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:32 PM   #12
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Of the names listed, I like Mike Miller. Ray Allen would be even better (except for his 16 million dollar salary).

I would like to add another name with a lower salary... Kyle Korver. He can't create his own shot, but he's deadly from 3 pt range. Also, Kapono is a free agent. He might come alot cheaper. Terry probably wouldn't be part of those deals though.

Last edited by purplefrog; 05-09-2007 at 05:33 PM.
purplefrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 05:42 PM   #13
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

1. Mike Miller
2. Maggette
3. Stevenson

4 through the rest...none of the above.

KG, you and I agree on most things, but Ricky Davis is not one of them. The dude is a flake and has some Bonzi Wells-like qualities to him. Good scorer, but not a winner.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:07 PM   #14
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Ricky Davis and/or Desmond Mason would be my favorite options for starting 2 guard next season. Davis was a 17/4/5 player last season on a bad Minnesota team. Mason would do nothing but slash and get athletic putbacks on the offensive end (something the warriors killed us by doing consistently).
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:56 PM   #15
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Wouldn't mind Maggette in a Mavs uniform at all. Sets the tone offensively of going to the rack (mainly because outside of 16-17 feet, he can't do much).

Last edited by StackAttack; 05-09-2007 at 09:00 PM.
StackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:07 PM   #16
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrav4
Ricky Davis and/or Desmond Mason would be my favorite options for starting 2 guard next season. Davis was a 17/4/5 player last season on a bad Minnesota team. Mason would do nothing but slash and get athletic putbacks on the offensive end (something the warriors killed us by doing consistently).
Mason does give you a slasher, but you are losing any semblance of an outside game with him. I don't want a one dimensional player from my 2. Also, the dude shoots around 66% from the line. He's real good off of the bench though.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
Old 05-09-2007, 09:09 PM   #17
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Pierce
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:11 PM   #18
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The more I think about it, I would really like to see Mike Miller on this team. His numbers last year were really, really good. He can do it all.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:18 PM   #19
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Locked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to behold

Mike Miller is definitely intriguing. I'd like to the Mavs to look at Ruben Patterson. When Michael Redd went down Patterson became their "point forward." He was doing EVERYTHING for them. He was passing well, he was on the low blocks scoring, offensive rebounding, etc. He could be a good option for a BIG SG.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:28 PM   #20
The Crippler
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
Mike Miller is definitely intriguing. I'd like to the Mavs to look at Ruben Patterson. When Michael Redd went down Patterson became their "point forward." He was doing EVERYTHING for them. He was passing well, he was on the low blocks scoring, offensive rebounding, etc. He could be a good option for a BIG SG.
That's a name I hadn't even thought of. He'd definitely add some toughness as well, that's for sure.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:38 PM   #21
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Locked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to behold

Well Patterson is a free agent so they wouldn't have to get rid of Terry. But I'm assuming that if they are looking at Patterson they they might could swing something to Milwaukee with a couple of thrown in or something to make salaries work. (I'm not great on the Real GM salary thing.)
Old 05-09-2007, 11:14 PM   #22
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

One more name to throw into the mix: Cuttino Mobley. Not necessarily endorsing him as the guy, but he works for Terry straight up and he gives us shooting and slashing.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:46 PM   #23
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
Mike is soft and will NOT show up when it counts. Plus, he is NOT big on playing defense. All he does is sit around the 3 point line and bomb. He would make for a nightmare for us because of all the bombing.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:58 PM   #24
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
Assume for the purpose of discussion that the Mavs have decided to deal Jason Terry to get a legitimate starting SG to pair with Devin Harris in the backcourt next year. Here are some names I came up with that *might* be realistic targets that the Mavs could acquire in exchange for Terry:

Corey Maggette
Ricky Davis
Mike Miller
Larry Hughes *
J.R. Smith +
Bobby Simmons
Jamal Crawford
DeShawn Stevenson

* - Dallas would have to add another player to make salaries match
+ - The other team would have to add another player to make salaries match

Out of those names, Miller and Davis would be the main two that are attractive to me.

Thoughts?
That is a tough question. I really think that we need to get rid of Harris first, because Terry is the more consistent PG, plus he is a huge threat from the outside. Yes, his defense is suspect, but as long as we have the right SG, we can deal with it. The problem is that we CANT have Terry and Harris on the floor together. I preached this all year long to go big.

So, if we keep Terry, then from your list I go with Maggette. He brings toughness, slasher skills, and a match-up problem for MANY teams. Kinda like getting an upscale Bonzi. With Maggette posting up, it would create many problems, because if you double, then that leaves Terry wide open. If we have Dirk too, it creates space for him as well.

It may sound dumb, but it would also allow us a low post scorer as well with some toughness. This is also a situation to where we could still have Dirk on the team as well.

W/o Terry, our pick and pop goes away as well. That is the bread and butter with Dirk as well. I just dont see getting rid of Terry first. Terry is more consistent, and also will hit big shots better than any other player on the team. Plus, he is a crowd pleaser and fan favorite that would could not replace.

If we keep Dirk, then I DONT want to lose Howard. So, to get most players we would have to give up either one. I think to get J'Oneal, we would lose Howard, and I dont want that. I dont see Pacers taking Harris and Damp to get him, but maybe so. If we did make that trade, we would have to get a Bevin Knight type of player also to fill the back-up PG spot, plus we would still need to address the 2 spot.

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 05-12-2007 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:03 AM   #25
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
Ahh I missed him on the list. Yea i'd definately take Mike Miller. Not sure if he's a starting 2 or a 6th man but i'd definately take him on this Mavs team. Honestly, i'd love to have Terry on this team if he was 6'6 but he isn't. Miller however is and can also shoot lights out. I haven't seen much of Miller to know if he can hit the big shots like Terry can though.
I have watched Miller from the Magic days. He is a big match-up problem, but all he does is sit around the 3 point line, and does NOT play defense. I think he would be great at the 7th spot behind Stack, but he would be an expensive 7th player. Miller is proven to NOT show up in the crunch, but he is a good shooter. Not worth Terry, because Miller cant run the point if needed.

I think that we need to leave Terry at the PG spot, and not toy with him at the SG spot. I think that is the biggest problem for Terry. For some reason Avery went back to that small line-up that I said would kill us in the playoffs. I know I ranted about this for about three weeks on here, on how a 2 guard system is NOT built for the playoffs.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:54 AM   #26
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2M
Pierce
yea all the guys on the list are chumps....they add nothing. Terry is more valuable than all those guys -- you people forget that it was Terry and Brickhouse that won the Houston series in avery's first half season as a coach. Dirk was punked in that series, just like he was in the GSW series.

Pierce is the one and only option.

Trade Harris + S&T Brickhouse + Terry for Pierce + Gomes + Telfair

Telfair isn't playing for the Celts anymore and Gomes is a legit backup power forward. Pierce is the only guy that can provide a low post presence and take the pressure off Dirk.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:16 AM   #27
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Maggette just might match Wade in FT attempts in the '08 finals. Get that guy!
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:44 AM   #28
belgianfan

belgianfan is infamous around these parts

"trade Harris + S&T Brickhouse + Terry for Pierce + Gomes + Telfair"

Who TF is S&T Brickhouse?????
belgianfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:57 AM   #29
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

not sure why everyone is so enamored with posey. the guy is a career spare and may be a slight upgrade over george. using the MLE on another defensive specialist would be a huge mistake, considering our big problem the past 2 playoff series losses were a significant drop off in offense and in particular outside shooting.

if i was forced to pick a player from the list, i'd pick maggette first, followed by hughes. both are slasher types who have the perimeter shooting ability to keep defenses honest. also, you'll be able to get maggette and hughes without sacrificing howard. if the mavs have half a brain, they'll try to split their MLE, bring grant hill back home, and pick up another big body like magloire with the remainder of it.

if you can add maggette, hill, magloire and only sacrifice terry, you'd have to consider it a successful off season. i'd also try to pick up tim thomas from the clippers to spell dirk and match up with the warriors and suns when they go small.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:59 AM   #30
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgianfan
"trade Harris + S&T Brickhouse + Terry for Pierce + Gomes + Telfair"

Who TF is S&T Brickhouse?????
brickhouse aka crackhouse aka the tits aka Jerry Stackhouse.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:02 AM   #31
belgianfan

belgianfan is infamous around these parts

In that case I don't think the celt's would do this deal. Throw in Dirk and it would work though
belgianfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:04 AM   #32
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Maggette is the best overall player there and i always liked him. he can play other positions too. I say try Ager though.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:53 AM   #33
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

What a bitch. I was looking at the 3pt % seeing if there was anyone there we could acquire....... the easiest one would be the 6th best 3 point shooter in the league........ Jason Terry.

Cutino would be the player from that list who brings slashing and 3 point shooting. I don't remember seeing Mike Miller slash to the basket much, and his 7.1 3FGA tell the whole story.

Magette is less acquirable than one thinks btw. He was one of the few players who Donald Sterling thought was worth holding on to. And that's saying a lot.

Ricky Davis is the most talented of the bunch, but he's also an idiot. I think I could put up with his sh*t for his game

Last edited by bernardos70; 05-10-2007 at 12:02 PM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:20 PM   #34
TruthbHeard

TruthbHeard is infamous around these parts

Bobby simmons is an excellent up and commer that can also play some defense Mavs should target him or Davis, both players are athletic and can streach the defense.
TruthbHeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:38 PM   #35
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthbHeard
Bobby simmons is an excellent up and commer that can also play some defense Mavs should target him or Davis, both players are athletic and can streach the defense.
he missed the whole season...he makes 10 mill/year

Just say hell no to bobby simmons.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:19 AM   #36
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

miller or maggette on this team would be pretty sick.

you couldn't pay us to take anyone else on the list.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:40 AM   #37
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman
miller or maggette on this team would be pretty sick.

you couldn't pay us to take anyone else on the list.
miller is softer than charmin and folds under pressure just as easily. the guy is the living, breathing, walking definition of soft.

no thank you.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:59 AM   #38
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange
miller is softer than charmin and folds under pressure just as easily. the guy is the living, breathing, walking definition of soft.

no thank you.
I agree with this.

Does anyone remember the Mike Miller that showed up against the Mavs in the playoffs last year?

I mean he was invisible.

From that list I'd take Maggette, and no one's close to him.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:20 PM   #39
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Maggette via trade is obviously primo.

I think Stevenson could be more than what he's gotten to show so far though.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:55 PM   #40
giantbenmav

giantbenmav is on a distinguished road

I am not totally convinced we need a shooting guard, I think he is already on the roster ... Josh Howard ... if we get another SF (who has something of a post of game possibly) I think Josh can play the 2 (we know he can defend the 2) ...

Go MAVS!!!!
giantbenmav is offline   Reply With Quote