Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

View Poll Results: who has been screwed worst by the refs?
No team. The officiating balances out in the end 2 3.45%
Houson (in the rockets v mavs series refs instructed to pay attention to yao screens) 2 3.45%
Sacramento (in game 6 of the 2002 WCF, where Donaghy claims the refs forced a game 7) 17 29.31%
Dallas (in the heat v mavs finals) 33 56.90%
Phoenix (in last year's spurs v suns series) 4 6.90%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2008, 03:42 PM   #1
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future
Default who has been screwed the most ?

in light of the Donaghy allegations (and other related items)...

what team has been most severely screwed by the refs?
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2008, 03:43 PM   #2
roxgirl

roxgirl has a spectacular aura aboutroxgirl has a spectacular aura aboutroxgirl has a spectacular aura about

No doubt the Kings in '02. PWND by the refs.
roxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 03:47 PM   #3
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
who has been screwed the most ?
Quote:
These are entirely different questions.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 03:52 PM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxgirl
No doubt the Kings in '02. PWND by the refs.
Maybe roxgirl got screwed the most.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:59 PM   #5
roxgirl

roxgirl has a spectacular aura aboutroxgirl has a spectacular aura aboutroxgirl has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Maybe roxgirl got screwed the most.
Irrelevant.
roxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:01 PM   #6
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, thinking out loud again.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:03 PM   #7
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

We need to set the cutoff for when the thread was started... no sense in allowing rampant abuses of an obvious loophole.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:24 PM   #8
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Dallas was screwed in the Championship

All the others were screwed along the way. Especially Sac -- who should have won the title that year.

So I voted Dallas.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:53 PM   #9
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Who has been screwed the most???

Answer: the fans
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:45 PM   #10
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I would vote for both Sacramento and Dallas as 1a and 1b if I could... but considering the fact that I can't, and also considering the fact that Dallas got raped in the championship whereas the Kings got raped in the WCF's, like Dalmations, I also have to vote for Dallas here...
Old 06-12-2008, 02:15 PM   #11
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

i expected to see more of the "nobody-- it all evens out" answer (but not MUCH more!)

and then primarily votes massed in the "mavs were screwed" category (this IS a mavs board afer all, duh)

but I set this up as a segue into a second question... what do you think the answer would be in "nuetral" cities?

I peruse boards of other teams: i occasionally look at a Spurs board, a Warriors board, a Bullets board, a Lakers board, a kings board, and this Mavs board (the w's, kings and mavs because I like them, the spurs and the lakers because they irritate me, and the bullets because i live here... and i WANT to like the local team, I just haven't found myself able to just yet)

anyway, ignoring the lakers kings mavs and Spurs boards--- becuase they all have conflicts of interest leaves me with the warriors and wiz boards as a nuetral sample...

Two things that surprise me a bit:

1- in general (on ALL of the boards) fans seem to feel that NBA teams get screwed by the refs much harder than teams in other sports (a majority seem to largely think this-- whether or not they think that the problem goes even further, and that the screwing is systematic in nature)

2- other cities have either already forgotten the mavs/heat series, or they just don't think it a biggie in the grand scheme of ref screw jobs. this is puzzling.

on NONE of the boards except this one (conflict of interest or not) do I hear anything about the Rocket's gripe--- it doesn't exist in the public psyche. nobody cares about that one. no big surprise.

But you "hear" mention of the phoenix and sac scenarios MUCH MUCH more than the dallas one in the donaghy discussions on those boards. Phoenix happened more recently than dallas/miami (but not MUCH more recently) and the kings/lakers series was specifically highlighted by Donaghy.... but still ! ?
Old 06-12-2008, 02:17 PM   #12
mcsluggo
Golden Member

that said... the 4th quarter game 6 of the 2002 lakers/kings wcf was the worst thing I have seen in sports. period.

(public notice diclaimer --- I say this as a kings fan, but i am also a mavs fan.)
Old 06-12-2008, 02:41 PM   #13
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo
that said... the 4th quarter game 6 of the 2002 lakers/kings wcf was the worst thing I have seen in sports. period.

(public notice diclaimer --- I say this as a kings fan, but i am also a mavs fan.)
I think the Dallas/Heat was much bigger longer (the officials totally changed gameplans and how a certain person could (actually couldn't) be guarded), but I'd have to agree that the game 6 was probably the most Blatant I have ever seen, and I don't like either team.

Sac got royally screwed that game. Yes they still had a chance in game 7, but they dominated game 6, only to get the royal shaft by the Officials. That was awful. Rick Fox can go on and say that Sac had a game 7 they could have won, but Sac really did win game 6, and that would have won the series for them, so that 2002 ring that he has is bogus in my opinion.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 03:14 PM   #14
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo
in light of the Donaghy allegations (and other related items)...

obviously the dallas mavericks!
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 03:21 PM   #15
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoinewalker
obviously the dallas mavericks!
yup!!!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote