Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-27-2005, 11:50 AM   #1
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default mp3 player suggestions?

Hi ya'll

I'm a bit overwhelmed by the number of unknown brands out there.

I'd like a flash drive with a usable menu, which rules out the IPod Shuffle. (unless a hard drive player works fine while jogging).
and spend 100-150 dollars.

The only one I've found some usable reviews on is the iRiver. Which seems ok.

Any opinions?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2005, 12:20 PM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: mp3 player suggestions?

I have the Rio Cali. I like it because it's memory is upgradeable, so you aren't "stuck" with a 256 MB player if you buy it - just add a MMC card when you get your memory full and still want to add music. I also like the armband that comes with it for working out.

The only problem is that it is end of life and was replaced with the Rio Forge. The reason that is a problem is because "supposedly" there is a issue with alot of the Forge's where the thing shuts down on you, or sometimes won't power on at all (that is according to amazon.com reviews). They may have that problem fixed.... but just be carefull and research it before you buy.

On e-bay you can still find "new" Cali's however, for relatively cheap (50-60 bucks).
Old 04-27-2005, 12:20 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:mp3 player suggestions?

I love the Nomad MuVo series and have been working out with the TX for a couple years now.

MuVo V200
MuVo TX FM
MuVo TX

The Micro N200 doesn't have a built in USB connector but it's a little smaller.
MuVo Micro N200
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 12:36 PM   #4
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Re: the iRiver, my brother just got one... apparently it holds about 30 songs, which I would find annoying b/c of all the switching out, but it was very cheap, around $40.

And of course, I am in love w/my iPod Mini. [img]i/expressions/heart.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2005, 12:41 PM   #5
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Usually Lurkin

I'd like a flash drive with a usable menu, which rules out the IPod Shuffle. (unless a hard drive player works fine while jogging).

Any opinions?
i bought an ipod mini that i use almost exclusively for jogging and haven't ever had any problems with it skipping. it's a little more than the $150 range you're pushing, but you might find it worth the money.

what i love about it is the ability to make playlists for all the different length runs. my shorter runs are lot more aggressive so i can go for time. my long runs maintain a steady beat until the end when i kick it up.
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 07:43 AM   #6
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all.

I just bought my wife the MuVo TX FM for a birthday present. I'll update next week or so to give you her review.
It was on a reduced price at Fry's, and there was an iRiver in a returned package (which I took to mean a bad review [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] )
Good to know the ipod mini is usable for jogging. If I ever get as rich as ames7 or AnMan21, I might bite into the apple.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:03 AM   #7
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Usually Lurkin

If I ever get as rich as ames7 or AnMan21, I might bite into the apple.
haha. i actually got lucky and bought a 4 gig ipod at a greatly reduced price the day before the 6 gig came out. since i haven't even filled it, i don't have any regrets about getting the smaller one.

AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 10:18 PM   #8
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all
Default RE: mp3 player suggestions?

This any good?

CLICK ME!!

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote