Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-14-2004, 08:48 PM   #1
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default An all star PG and C Trade

Dallas trades: Antoine Walker/Josh Howard/Danny Fortson/Rights to Pavel and Flores
Dallas gets: Baron Davis/Jamaal Magloire/Joe Smith

Milwaulkee trades: Michael Redd/Joe Smith
Milwaulkee gets: Josh Howard/Danny Fortson/Rights to Pavel and Flores

New Orleans trades: Baron Davis/Jamaal Magloire
New Orleans gets: Antonie Walker/Michael Redd

This trade does work under the new salary cap

Dallas does it to fill their pg and c void. They won't have to do anymore trades as far as key players go.

lineup

Davis/Harris
Finley/Daniels
Stackhouse/Taw
Dirk/Smith/Laettner
Magloire/Bradley/DJ

New Orlean does it to have more scoring option. Walker would be a better fit in the east, and could play the 4 for them. He could score from the post, which was their biggest problem last season, b/c Magloire wasn't consistent enough. Redd is a good three point shooter whom had a breakout season last year, and could be even better this coming season. They get the cheap contract in Redd, and the expiring contract in Walker. They would also be in good position to trade Mashburn and be a player in free agency next year.

Starters

Armstrong
Redd
Mashburn
Walker
Brown

Milwaulkee does this to gain depth. Howard could very be the next Redd seeing as though he put up good numbers for a rookie while playing for a coach that has a history of not playing rookies. They also gain the rights of a good player in Flores and Pavel. With a healthy Ford, they would be a better team next year if things pan out. They also get a banger in Fortson.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2004, 09:10 PM   #2
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road
Default RE:An all star PG and C Trade

New Orleans wont be in the east and milwakee wont trade redd for someone who could become the next redd
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 09:15 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, that trade would pretty much suck for Milwaukee.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 09:15 PM   #4
cheesestar
Golden Member

cheesestar will become famous soon enough

i dont think either milwaukee or NO would do this
cheesestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 09:20 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: cheesestar
i dont think either milwaukee or NO would do this
I wouldn't imagine so....
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 10:15 PM   #6
withoutmalice

withoutmalice is on a distinguished road

Devil's advocate says:

Why would NO want to trade two of the best young players in the game in C Magloire and PG B. Davis, especially when they are All-Stars? They have no one else on the roster who could possibly replace either of them. They'd also end up with just one All-Star player in Redd and a soft PF in Walker, and they're a defense-first team which is why they have P. J. Brown at PF. It'd be especially stupid for NO to trade Magloire when they'd be trading away a rising star at C and it's probably the hardest thing to do in the league to try and find and/or develop a good C, let alone a good young one, to begin with. Plus, NO already has P. J. Brown and D. West at PF so why would they need Joe Smith? Smith can't play any other position...

Why would MIL trade two starters (one being an All-Star) in PF J. Smith and All-Star SG/SF Michael Redd for an unproven Josh Howard, a backup PF in D. Fortson, and a developmental project in Podzo/Flores?

Sorry, but this isn't a realistic deal...
withoutmalice is offline   Reply With Quote