Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-08-2006, 09:19 AM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oh dear God.

What am I to do as a Spurs fan? They lost to the Clippers? They didn't come up big in the 4th offensively or defensively in a big game to keep ahold of first place in the division? Dear God, the sky is falling. Cut Tim Duncan. He'll never again be able to take us to the promise land. Cut Tony Parker. Obviously his relationship with his girlfriend is having an adverse affect on his play. Finley was 3-10? Was there ever a more overpaid player in the league? I just don't know how anyone could expect them to get out of the first or second round this year. It's March. Shouldn't they be playing at their best right now? It's fine to beat teams like the Clippers early in the season, but there's no excuse for losing to them at this point. You have to be PEAKING NOW. How can they lose to a team like the clippers allowing 56 points in the second half? They shot 52% for the game. Fire POP. Only a homer would think that this team has a chance to win a title.

Oh dear God...am I even in the right forum?

Last edited by Murphy3; 03-08-2006 at 09:19 AM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2006, 09:20 AM   #2
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

lol, comedic genius.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:02 AM   #3
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

post o' the season in my opinion, Murph. well done!

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:08 AM   #4
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

We should have never let Cassell go (oh yeah, we never had him... I mean we should have never let him go to the Clippers). Our owner used to open up his pocket books for our team but obviously not anymore. DAMN (insert Spurs owner name)!!!! He doesn't care anymore.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:10 AM   #5
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

forgot to add...

We will never get anywhere with Nazr Dumphammed.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:17 AM   #6
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Very Nice (the title scared the hell out of me though)

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 03-08-2006 at 10:17 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:05 AM   #7
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Murph, you are probably right in more ways than you know. (I know, it doesn't happen much, so you aren't accustomed to expecting it.)

The Spurs indeed are in a great amount of trouble. They are aging and hobbled and it is starting to show. They almost lost to the Mavericks, on their own home floor, and now they have lost to another potential playoff foe. Let's just say that their window of opportunity is closing--and I mean quickly.

Phoenix is the team that everyone should be worried about at. If they get healthy, there isn't a team in the West that can keep them from running roughshod over the conference on their way to a Finals meetup with the Pistons.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:05 AM   #8
Steel_01

Steel_01 is on a distinguished road
Excellent persepective. It's nice to know that other great teams go through similar obstacles. There is no doubt that we need to always look at ways to improve, but sometimes I think we focus on the negative too much so great post.
Steel_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:13 AM   #9
Steel_01

Chumdawg, I disagree with you about Phoenix. They do love to run and gun. It is especially hard to keep with them on b2b and in long stretches of consecutive games, but...I have noticed that there are alot of times that those never ending stream of 3's dont always fall in the second half as they do in the first. They do continue to shoot them though.

Without a doubt, our defense needs improvement but has made significant strides. More importantly, I believe the defense of the suns is very suspect, and we all know how Nash defends in the playoffs. I see alot of similarities in the suns that the Mavs had when we went to the Western Conference finals two seasons ago. They may get close, are fun to watch, but running and gunning doesnt work in the playoffs ultimately.

The spurs, as much as I despise them, are still our main challenge, and we will have to defeat them to get to a championship. They have the heart and experience of a champion, but the Mavs have the hunger to take it from them.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:29 AM   #10
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Steel, we can talk Mavs/Suns when and if it comes to that. Right now we are talking about the dirt that is being shoveled for the Spurs' grave.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:33 AM   #11
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I thought this thread was sarcasm/introspect on what goes on around this board when the Mavs lose?

If not, then I take back my prior two posts in this thread. They were meant as pure sarcasm.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:37 AM   #12
Steel_01

Agreed. That #1 seed is the main concern right now. I'm worried though because the Mavs are about to enter one of the most difficult parts of their schedule. We will truly find out about the heart and character of this team. Does anyone know when Josh will be back? We need him badly!
Old 03-08-2006, 11:52 AM   #13
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Teams with old players don't win championships. Michael Finley is old. Michael Finley plays for the Spurs. Therefore, the Spurs won't win the championship.

Hey, it's only logical.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:01 PM   #14
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
I thought this thread was sarcasm/introspect on what goes on around this board when the Mavs lose?
as did I. knowing Murph as well as I do ( ), it just has to be sarcasm!

I have been so irritated listening to the media people around here dismissing the Mavs chances of going anywhere in the postseason based on the past 4 games. aren't they like 21-3 in the last 24 games? so we are 2-2 in the last 4. with injuries. and 3 games in 4 nights. yesterday I was listening to ESPN radio (I think it was Steve Dennis and the chick - can't remember her name), and all Steve Dennis could talk about was how much the Mavs don't have any shot against the Spurs or the Suns in the post season. If this team is healthy, I like our chances. I can't stand people who completely overreact and jump ship anytime things get a little rough. If someone would have told me we would be 47-13 through the first 60 games this season, I would have laughed in their face. it's all about perspective and the big picture. I don't see a need to go off the deep end right now and dismiss the success the team has had through 60 games. I trust in Avery, Dirk, Howard, Jet, Stack, etc. Things will be okay.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:24 PM   #15
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

You guys also forgot to add that the Spurs and Clipps game was the end of a back to back game just like the Suns and Spurs games for the Mavs. Oh wait, those weren't back to backs.

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 03-08-2006 at 01:25 PM.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:52 PM   #16
TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 will become famous soon enoughTwoDeep3 will become famous soon enough

Murphy, brilliant post.

It reinforces exactly what and who I think you are.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:17 PM   #17
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
You guys also forgot to add that the Spurs and Clipps game was the end of a back to back game just like the Suns and Spurs games for the Mavs. Oh wait, those weren't back to backs.
Yeah, the Spurs had to wake up, get on a plane, travel to a new city, book in to a new hotel etc etc. Wait, both Spurs games were at the same arena? Nevermind.

Last edited by Bookit; 03-08-2006 at 02:18 PM.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:23 PM   #18
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookit
Yeah, the Spurs had to wake up, get on a plane, travel to a new city, book in to a new hotel etc etc. Wait, both Spurs games were at the same arena? Nevermind.
I don't care if they slept at the arena. We all know the chances of winning on the end of a back to back night. Whether both games were at home or not. Not discrediting the Clipps because they're a good team. But if I were a Spur fan I wouldn't take too much into what occurred on the end of the back to back. Just like when the Mavs whooped their asses earlier in the season. The playoffs don't contain back to back games so you can't rely on those to get easy wins.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:56 PM   #19
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
I don't care if they slept at the arena. We all know the chances of winning on the end of a back to back night. Whether both games were at home or not. Not discrediting the Clipps because they're a good team. But if I were a Spur fan I wouldn't take too much into what occurred on the end of the back to back. Just like when the Mavs whooped their asses earlier in the season. The playoffs don't contain back to back games so you can't rely on those to get easy wins.
Just another subtle hint that you are a closet Spurs fan.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:03 PM   #20
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoDeep3
Murphy, brilliant post.

sadly, the same can be said of you, minus the brilliant part.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 03:16 PM   #21
raefformvp
Golden Member

Quote:
The playoffs don't contain back to back games so you can't rely on those to get easy wins.
Not entirely true. During the 02-03 season we had a back-to-back with the Kings during the playoffs.

Old 03-08-2006, 03:21 PM   #22
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Maverick infidelity is an nagging problem for a lot of posters.

Since I'm not permanently attached to Nash's & Finley's jocks - I can't really relate.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:51 PM   #23
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Murphy, brilliant post.

Your daddy?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:03 PM   #24
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:

And what if I am? Why is it any of your concern of who I cheer for? If the Mavs are to get kicked out by the Suns or the Spurs than i'd be rooting for both of those teams to take out the Eastern Conference winner. Your not a Mavs fan on this site if you don't have your head planted in their asses it seems. Everyone's a troll.

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 03-08-2006 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:04 PM   #25
Bookit
Diamond Member

Quote:
And what if I am? Why is it any of your concern of who I cheer for?

No concern. Just making an observation.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:07 PM   #26
Spurs Fan

Spurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the rough

That was brilliant, Murphy. Although your satire is primarily aimed at posters on this board, I can assure you that it is pretty much true on our board, as well, at least for some posters.

Thanks for the laugh....
Spurs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:26 PM   #27
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
Maverick infidelity is an nagging problem for a lot of posters.

Since I'm not permanently attached to Nash's & Finley's jocks - I can't really relate.
Classy.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:48 PM   #28
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

Quote:
Classy.
Charles Barkely's hairy/stanky bits are classy
Old 03-08-2006, 06:12 PM   #29
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Why was my thread about the Spurs and Suns moved and this one remains in the main Mavs area?

A little consistency please.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 06:17 PM   #30
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Murphy, brilliant post.

How come this guy has still two green boxes...

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 07:30 PM   #31
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

I want some green boxes. My manhood depends on it.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 08:29 PM   #32
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL
Why was my thread about the Spurs and Suns moved and this one remains in the main Mavs area?

A little consistency please.
Because my thread is 100% completely about the Mavs and this board..it's only masked as a Spurs thread.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:16 PM   #33
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Because my thread is 100% completely about the Mavs and this board..it's only masked as a Spurs thread.
My thread was about who I would want to win AS A MAVS FAN in the upcoming Spurs/Suns game.

Your thread was about making fun of certain Mavs fans, it had nothing to do with the Mavericks.

Both threads were about Mavs fans.

Last edited by MFFL; 03-08-2006 at 11:20 PM.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:27 PM   #34
Murphy3
Guru

MFFL, I have no problem with your thread being in this forum..I don't even know what it was about...just answering why mine was left here... As for consistency, ..mods have always said that consistency is overrated.

Of course, I'm only giving the mods a hard time..

Last edited by Murphy3; 03-09-2006 at 12:33 AM.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:29 PM   #35
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne
good question.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 12:33 AM   #36
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne
...because of the anti-murph faction of the board.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:47 AM   #37
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have anything against my organization?

Last edited by bernardos70; 03-16-2006 at 11:07 AM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 02:19 AM   #38
TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 will become famous soon enoughTwoDeep3 will become famous soon enough

I see the self-absorbed clique told me off again.

I feel so alone.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:36 AM   #39
chumdawg
Guru

God is a Mavs fan. Thus, Mavs will win the title. God won't let us down. I just know it.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:31 AM   #40
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
God is a Mavs fan. Thus, Mavs will win the title. God won't let us down. I just know it.
God + Mavs = crazy delicious?
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote