Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-08-2005, 11:56 PM   #1
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default KVH?

How's his injury?
Old 05-09-2005, 12:04 AM   #2
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: KVH?

I've heard that he could be back early this series (don't remember where). However, after Game 7 there was a shot of him walking into the tunnel and he still had a horrible limp.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 12:10 AM   #3
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Game 2 is possible. Game 3 is more likely. That according to Ortegal from the game telecast last night on UPN 21.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:20 AM   #4
kriD
Platinum Member

kriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to all

After seeing him limp at Game 7, I'd say Game 4 or 5 is more realistic.

I hope I'm wrong. Dirk urgently needs some rest.
kriD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 09:49 AM   #5
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:KVH?

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary
I've heard that he could be back early this series (don't remember where). However, after Game 7 there was a shot of him walking into the tunnel and he still had a horrible limp.
That coulda just been his attempt at a victory dance.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:18 AM   #6
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

The longer he is out, the better..He has no chance whatsoever at guarding anybody on the Suns. At least Marquis Daniels or Armstrong can cover their 2s and 3s.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:19 AM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: rakesh.s
The longer he is out, the better..He has no chance whatsoever at guarding anybody on the Suns. At least Marquis Daniels or Armstrong can cover their 2s and 3s.
No offense rakesh but that is just crazy.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:21 AM   #8
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: rakesh.s
He should be to handle Stephen Hunter. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:34 AM   #9
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

The FWST had this in the notebook section:

• Keith Van Horn's status for the Phoenix series is still unknown. Avery Johnson said they would have a better idea after Game 2.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:02 PM   #10
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I personally think that he could be a very important cog for us in this series and it is bad for this team that he is out. Slowing Amare, playing Hunter, guarding Marion at times, running the break, providing another 3pt shooter.

And if Dirk/Damp get in foul trouble, it will be all the more obvious why we need the Horn. After Dirk and Damp we have.....Henderson. I love the guy a lot, but he is as bad at playing Amare as he is at playing Duncan-- he's 2-4 inches too short, not quick enough and not strong enough. Van Horn provides a suprising amount of physical presence down low, and is surprisingly good at lateral movement (or was before the sprain). He really could be an important part of this series if he comes back and is able to play.

KVH looked bad in his first playoff minutes as a Maverick, but it was early in the series while we were still adapting, and frustrated. I expect him to be much better in this series-- the same thing I expect from Dirk.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 02:21 PM   #11
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Any further info on KVH's recovery. I believe if we are to win this series, he must play a large role.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:43 PM   #12
bo319

bo319 is on a distinguished road

KVH 's role will be to make Amare guard something besides the rim. If KVH is in and Amare won't guard him he will score...he will not be able to stop Amare but he will make him play D.
bo319 is offline   Reply With Quote