Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-03-2003, 04:56 PM   #1
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light
Default GameDay Perdictions: Lets Keep Score!!!!

Ok starting today, Nov. 3 2003 all who would like to join in and bedazzle myself and other Dallas-Mavs.com board members with their brilliance and expert analysis and game predictions. This is how it works, to keep the bs to a minimum we simply state wether the Mavs will chalk up a W or an L, and give a BREIF explination why . . . then we will start our own W/L percentages based on the accuracy of our predictions . . . sounds like fun to me, and i'll start the damn thing off! Maybe DJ can be talked out of a PRIZE for the winner this year. IF NOT I'll work something out involving TICKETS, a JERSEY or something! The winner will be the person whose difference between Win and Loss column is the greatest at the end of the regular season. For example John: 45-10 would beat Doe: 15-0 who beats Sally 35-24, so it behooves us all to try and predict EVERY game with accuracy.

Mavs/Heat- Mavs Win- Heat can't keep pace with Mavs offense the most they have scored all year is 81.

My total record to date 0-0
Old 11-03-2003, 04:58 PM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: GameDay Perdictions: Lets Keep Score!!!!

Mavs/Heat - Mavs - Dirk/Toine basketball clinic for the Miami fans tonight.

Record to date 0-0
Old 11-03-2003, 05:00 PM   #3
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road
Default RE:GameDay Perdictions: Lets Keep Score!!!!

ok. I'm game.
mavs w
miami gets outplayed on every front.

record to date 0-0

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 05:01 PM   #4
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road

Mavs win

Miami stinks, if we lose this game we should start rebuilding now.

0-0
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 05:11 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Just an idea, FCC..maybe everyone involved should pitch in $5 or so..make it worth a little something to the winner.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 05:11 PM   #6
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Mavs win.

Since I won´t predict a Mavs loss all season long, my record will be the Mavs record subtracted by 2 wins and a loss.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:13 PM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Mavs win
Heat fans are smoking crack.

Record to date 0-0
Old 11-03-2003, 05:14 PM   #8
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

I guess everyone's starting out even on this one.

Mavs win over Miami! An offensing starting to figure it out versus a defense that is decimated by injuries.

Record: 0-0
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 05:14 PM   #9
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

i don't want the feds on our a$$ Murph, so aaaaa . . . no. A"prize" will suffice. I just e-mailed DJ with the idea, so we will come up with something between us Murph, of that i am sure. Oh and i almost forgot, in the spirit of fairness, NO EDITED PREDICTIONS WILL BE COUNTED!!! If you messed up your LATEST prediction PRIOR to game time will be counted. The only exception is the very first post i made predicited a Mavs win, i had to edit to outline rules, give examples, and mention prizes and so forth so please forgive my disobediance.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:24 PM   #10
mercury_rev

mercury_rev will become famous soon enough

Mavs win.

Too little Heat.
No Butlers at home.
Mavs roll with Dirk's unshaggy dome.

record to date: 0-0
mercury_rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 05:25 PM   #11
mavsfan2121

mavsfan2121 is on a distinguished road

Mavs win
Tawn and Toine combine for 40 points 20 boards and 10 assist.
mavsfan2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 05:27 PM   #12
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

Mavs in a rout.
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 05:29 PM   #13
mavsfan4life

mavsfan4life is on a distinguished road

Mavs win no doubt about it! Without Butler and a partially injured Lamar Odom, the Heats fire is basically blown away and for sure will be put out by the Mavs tonight!

Record to date 0-0
Old 11-03-2003, 05:29 PM   #14
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Mavs win--we're starting to roll here. I'm predicting a good game from Jamison. (Side note: there will not be a repeat performance from Delk tonight.)

0-0 to date.
Old 11-03-2003, 06:05 PM   #15
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Mavs in a blowout. I mean who the hell is Udonis Haslem ?

0-0 to date.
Old 11-03-2003, 06:08 PM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

mavs
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 06:10 PM   #17
sbjensen

sbjensen will become famous soon enough

I'm tempted to pick the Heat just b/c no one yet has, but I can't do it. Mavs are the best in the league at beating the teams with inferior talent to theirs, and they will do it again tonight. I expect an ugly game, however -- I think the Heat defense will disrupt the still-tentative Mavs' offense enough to keep them from getting on a roll as they did against Utah.
Old 11-03-2003, 06:14 PM   #18
arsenalth9

arsenalth9 is on a distinguished road

Dubya to the Mavs

0-0 to date
Old 11-03-2003, 06:14 PM   #19
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

MAVS WIN!! MAVS WIN!! MAVS WIN!!

Oh it's only miami.

mavs win... mavs win... mavs win...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 06:33 PM   #20
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

mavs beat the heat. duh.

record to date: 0-0
Old 11-03-2003, 06:40 PM   #21
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Won't everyone have the same record by seasons end lol? Won't we predict wins everygame? Mavs win.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 06:40 PM   #22
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Mavs win.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 06:43 PM   #23
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Mavs win

the heat is no good

record: 0-0

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 06:47 PM   #24
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

We win big.

Tonight, the Dallas Globetrotters are going to make Riles happy he retired...
Old 11-03-2003, 06:54 PM   #25
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Tonight, the Dallas Globetrotters are going to make Riles happy he retired...
I was just imagining Riley getting a bucket of confetti dumped on him and the score is 150 to 75 in the 4th quarter. lol
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 06:55 PM   #26
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs win huge.

Old 11-03-2003, 07:26 PM   #27
Big_Dog

Big_Dog will become famous soon enough

mavs win 105-76
Old 11-03-2003, 07:35 PM   #28
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

mavs ....what'll keep people from lyin???? are you going to check all the stats at the end of the season? doubtful....
my record to this very date is strangely similar to many others on this thread....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 11:51 AM   #29
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

ok, the predictions are in and tallied for the Miami game . . . I contacted DJ and he said that everyone who wishes to participate may DONATE a measly $5 bucks to participate via paypal, the donation button on the bottom of your screen or perhaps someotherway (contact DJBACKLASH for details!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) to do this simply leave him a message, and make a donation. This will not allow allow are favorite mav sight to remain ontop, and running smoothly, but it will also make you eligible to WIN a PAIR of Mavs tickets if you outsmart your fellow basketball brains, enough people must participate so start counting out your couch change, and getting those predictions ready because as of now this contest is OFFICIAL. Furethermore a donation will allow you to CUSTOMIZE your tag character!!!! ALL donations MUST be recieved BY DEC 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(to keep people from simply waiting to see if they win before paying the ante . . . this would lead to 1 person making a $5 donation and the LOSERS losing nothing but their integrity and option to customize their tag characters.) In the event of a tie the last game of the regular season will serve as a tiebreaker, the contestants will choose a final score and whoever comes closest to final score wins the tiebreaker . . . if a furether tie breaker is needed, this same concept will be advanced into the playoffs!!!! So lets ante up people, so i can take you to school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even if you loose you really win, by getting your own custom icon, its a win win situation for any true mavs fan[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2003, 12:00 PM   #30
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

W A S H I N G T ON NOV 5th

Mavs win
Michael who?

my record to date 1-0
Old 11-04-2003, 12:02 PM   #31
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
mavs ....what'll keep people from lyin???? are you going to check all the stats at the end of the season? doubtful....
my record to this very date is strangely similar to many others on this thread....
i am keeping a running record, from game to game for DJ . . .and actually sike you have no record to date because you didn't make a prediction for the Heat game, thats alright though . . .
start with Washington if you want. NO EDITED MESSAGES WILL BE SCORED!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-04-2003, 12:05 PM   #32
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Can you start a new page for each game, FineCuban?

I was wrong about the blowout against Miami, but they still won.

Mavs will cruise against Washington though.

Mavs win.

Record to-date: 1-0
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 12:38 PM   #33
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road

Mavs may struggle a little with Washington. I dont like the way we have been defending the perimeter players and washing def has those. But The mavs will win by 5 or 6

Record to date 0-0 but i would have predicted mavs over heat
Old 11-04-2003, 12:41 PM   #34
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs beat the Wiz...

Record to date 1-0
Old 11-04-2003, 12:44 PM   #35
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

"can you start a new thread for each game?"

i could start a new page for each team, but it will be easier for me to track down peoples' votes, and prevent cheating if it all stays on this thread.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2003, 12:46 PM   #36
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: FineCubanCigar
ok, the predictions are in and tallied for the Miami game . . . I contacted DJ and he said that everyone who wishes to participate may DONATE a measly $5 bucks to participate via paypal, the donation button on the bottom of your screen or perhaps someotherway (contact DJBACKLASH for details!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) to do this simply leave him a message, and make a donation. This will not only allow are favorite mav sight to remain ontop, and running smoothly, but it will also make you eligible to WIN a PAIR of Mavs tickets if you outsmart your fellow basketball brains, enough people must participate so start counting out your couch change, and getting those predictions ready because as of now this contest is OFFICIAL. Furethermore a donation will allow you to CUSTOMIZE your tag character!!!! ALL donations MUST be recieved BY DEC 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(to keep people from simply waiting to see if they win before paying the ante . . . this would lead to 1 person making a $5 donation and the LOSERS losing nothing but their integrity and option to customize their tag characters.) In the event of a tie the last game of the regular season will serve as a tiebreaker, the contestants will choose a final score and whoever comes closest to final score wins the tiebreaker . . . if a furether tie breaker is needed, this same concept will be advanced into the playoffs!!!! So lets ante up people, so i can take you to school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even if you loose you really win, by getting your own custom icon, its a win win situation for any true mavs fan[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2003, 02:01 PM   #37
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs over Wiz!

0-0
Old 11-04-2003, 02:34 PM   #38
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Mavs over Wiz

they will not be able to keep up with our offense, but Arenas could give us some trouble

record to date: 1-0

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 05:35 PM   #39
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

me and Dj and co. are hammering out the details as far as this thread is concerned, it is going to be official and mainstream here in the near future, i don't see it taking more than a few days, but until then lets have fun with it. It does at this point seem unanimious that to participate and be eligable to recieve tickets/and or some other bad ass prize (playoff tickets have been givin away on this site before for contests!!), the sight simply requires a $5 donation to be placed on the official list, you can do it by simply hitting the donation button on the bottom of the screen or contact DJ if you perfer not to pay that way to try and work something else out. The $5 will also allow you to CUSTOMIZE your ICON!!! so this is a win, win situation. This site is the best Mavs site around, and DJ needs contributions to keep it up and running, if you don't have five bucks walk some parking lots or shake down the couch . . . afterall if we are all as smart as we think we are then $5 bucks will not anly get us a customized icon, but a bad as prize. Another detail trying to be hammered out is a start date (which i believe is tentatively dec. 1 as of now) but Dj a mod, or myself will get back to you on that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is exciting stuff peeeeps, I not only get to support my favorite baskeball web-site, but i get to prove im smarter than Murph . . .
Old 11-04-2003, 06:57 PM   #40
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Mavs trounce Wizards. God truely is a Mav's fan.

Record to date: 1-0