Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-03-2004, 05:07 PM   #1
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default Poll, Bush or Kerr?

Who would you vote for in the next elections for President, Bush or Kerry?

Old 03-03-2004, 05:15 PM   #2
Chiwas
Guru

Default RE: Poll, Bush or Kerr?

I still don't know who could be better for the US and for Mexico.
Old 03-03-2004, 05:30 PM   #3
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know that 3 point shooting sniper was running for President...

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2004, 05:53 PM   #4
Nicky31

Nicky31 is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Poll, Bush or Kerr?

Quote:
Kerr

I was thinking the same thing U2..(I don't expect for any Mav's fans to vote for him)

Nicky31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 05:57 PM   #5
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of
Default RE:Poll, Bush or Kerr?

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
I didn't know that 3 point shooting sniper was running for President...

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
I knew some smartass would bring poor Chiwas' mistake up. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 06:43 PM   #6
Chiwas
Guru

Sorry, folks.

Old 03-03-2004, 07:13 PM   #7
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE:Poll, Bush or Kerry?

actually Steve Kerr may just be a better choice than who we have to choose from [img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img]
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 09:42 PM   #8
ItalianMobbstah187

ItalianMobbstah187 is on a distinguished road

ItalianMobbstah187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 09:43 PM   #9
ItalianMobbstah187

ItalianMobbstah187 is on a distinguished road

Alan Keyes!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
ItalianMobbstah187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:06 AM   #10
Chiwas
Guru

Default RE: Poll, Bush or Kerry?

Where is Reeds?
Old 03-04-2004, 10:12 PM   #11
Chiwas
Guru

Poll finds Bush, Kerry dead even

Nader, at 6 percent, would likely have impact

MSNBC staff and news service reports
Updated: 5:49 p.m. ET March 04, 2004

President Bush and Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts are tied in the first poll since Kerry locked up the Democratic presidential nomination, but independent Ralph Nader has captured enough support to affect the outcome.

Bush had the backing of 46 percent, compared with 45 percent for Kerry, while Nader, the 2000 Green Party candidate who entered the race last month, was at 6 percent in the survey, which was conducted for The Associated Press by Ipsos-Public Affairs.

Bush and Kerry, who emerged as the Democratic nominee Tuesday after a string of primary and caucus wins over several rivals, have been running close or Kerry has been ahead in most recent polls that did not include Nader.

Article
Old 03-05-2004, 11:40 AM   #12
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
Where is Reeds?
Probably sucking up to some uber-liberal democrap somewhere.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 08:27 AM   #13
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I still don't know who could be better for the US and for Mexico.
Are you really serious chiwas? Especially for mexico? Bush has taken a very politically brave stance on work-permits for mexicans? What does it take for you to think he's good for mexico??

Or do you think that kerry and the dimocrats getting rid of Nafta would be a good thing? What exactly ARE you looking for?

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 01:19 PM   #14
Chiwas
Guru

Bush has been

- a very bad US President for Mexico, and also
- a very good US President for Mexico

I wouldn't like to start a fight for the first statement, and I wouldn't like to kiss any ass for the second.

Why? Cause you aren't going to believe me -you don't live in my country, nor have enough information about the details in the way every movement of Vicente and George impacts us. [About the information, I have an advantage, cause you have a lot of reachable sources that let me know more about what is happening in your country, but, off course, yet not enough to make very deep comments about your politics.]

Bush has made several things that have helped my country, but several that have hurt it. I still don't know if the ultimate output has been positive with statistics or something. But my feeling is that all in all it's been worse for us.

Edit: About Nafta. Whatever President that gets rid of Nafta, that canceles it, will make us a big favor. [You think Nafta has been good for Mexico? NO WAY]. If Kerry is for canceling it, I would root for reeds right away.
Old 03-07-2004, 05:40 PM   #15
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Really, why has nafta been bad for mexico? I would like to see the data.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 06:41 PM   #16
Chiwas
Guru

- The illegal emigrants -immigrants for you- have doubled since Nafta. I have read the numbers from several sources but the Mexican ones delete it in a daily basis. When I see them again, I'll copy them here.

- The unemployment has reach a dramatic peak, worst ever, always raising since 1994.

- Mexico has been plagued with American businesses, restaurants, stores, services. You couldn't distinguish my city of one of yours, reading the commercial signs driving around the city or reading the commercial phone guide. I know that your cities haven't been "attacked" by Mexican businesses. [Thousands of Mexican businesses have closed cause they didn't have the capital to face Nafta, that's why the unemployment has increased despite the multitude of new American stores giving employment to Mexicans]

- Our banking system is owned about 90% by foreign companies, mainly from the US, Spain, England and Canada. In 1994 100% of the banking system was Mexican.

- Our peso costed $0.30 US dollar in 1994. Now it costs $0.10 US dollar. It means that the salaries here today have a value 1/3 of the salaries in 1994. Our people is 200% poorer.

- China, Canada and Japan has increased their selling to the US in a rate way superior than Mexico. The trade in both ways between Mexico and the US has increased substancially since 1994, but only because we sell to you lot more oil, and it has nothing to do with Nafta. Half of the manufactured goods that "we sell to you" are from your own Plants in Mexico -the Maquilas-; hardly 10% of those figures are "Mexican" (only the "blue collar" labor costs). Our own government lies to us using intentionally and erroneously those numbers -I think it was the last week when it was discovered.

- The deceases and murders of Mexicans in US territory, persons that didn't find a job in Mexico cause Nafta, that tried to get a job in the US, have more than doubled since 1994.

I could give more facts, but I feel already nauseous.
Old 03-07-2004, 07:23 PM   #17
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Quote:
Where is Reeds?
Probably sucking up to some uber-liberal democrap somewhere.
... talking about cheap shots on Posters, huh?

Let´s all try to keep some composure here, several long-time posters seem to start pissing matches other than real arguments.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:09 PM   #18
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
Let´s all try to keep some composure here, several long-time posters seem to start pissing matches other than real arguments.
It would be good to know who they are to help them to keep the composure.

(Btw, Nafta was confirmed and started by Clinton.)