Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-25-2006, 05:56 AM   #1
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cavaliers fans boo LeBron?

Cavaliers fans boo ... LeBron?

James held without a basket in second half of 102-94 loss to Wizards

Updated: 11:30 p.m. ET Feb. 24, 2006

CLEVELAND - Gilbert Arenas has had nights like the one LeBron James had against Washington.

Arenas scored 26 points, and the Wizards shut down James in the second half in a 102-94 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Friday night.

“We tried to pressure the ball, take him a little out of his game, and see if things might happen,” Arenas said. “It’s a real good win for us.”

James finished with 25 points, but went 0-for-8 from the field and 4-for-12 from the foul line in the second half as Cleveland dropped its second straight after winning three in a row.

“I put all the blame on myself,” said James, who came in averaging 35.8 points on 52 percent shooting over his previous five games. “It was a bad performance by me, simple as that.”

James missed his final seven from the line — and was even booed in the final minutes. After missing a shot from the wing with 5 seconds left, he angrily ripped off his headband, threw it into the crowd and walked off the court.

James said he “of course” heard the boos, adding, “If these fans want to boo me, it’s on them.”

Arenas said he’s had tough nights, too.

“I had one of those in Orlando when I missed eight straight,” Arenas said. “It’s harder at home.”

Antawn Jamison scored 25 points and Caron Butler added 24 as Washington snapped a four-game road losing streak. The Wizards have won 15 of their last 21 overall.

It was their second win over Cleveland this month. Arenas outscored James 32-18 in a 12-point win in Washington on Feb. 10.

James had more than shooting troubles. Early in the fourth quarter, he was fouled on a clear break to the basket, then inadvertently poked in the eye by referee Phil Robinson as he leaned in to hear the call. James didn’t come out and did not seem to have any ill effects.

“Me staying out there as much as I was didn’t excuse me missing all those shots and free throws,” he said. “It was one of those nights.”

Zydrunas Ilgauskas had 23 points and five blocked shots for Cleveland while Donyell Marshall scored 13 of his 19 points in the fourth quarter to keep the Cavaliers close. But two key turnovers doomed the Cavaliers’ chances.

Antonio Daniels picked off an errant pass and went end-to-end to score on a layup that put Washington ahead 90-89 with 4:37 to play.

Jamison then stole the ball from Marshall at midcourt and hit an 11-footer for a 92-87 lead with 3:37 left.

Marshall converted a three-point play to get Cleveland within 95-94 with 1:46 to go. James had a chance to put Cleveland ahead 28 seconds later, but missed both free throws — and was booed.

“It’s tough on LeBron, but this loss was not just his fault,” Marshall said. “He wants to take responsibility for it, but we’re not going to let him.”

Marshall said James, who played all but 14 seconds, is tired from the All-Star weekend, even though the 21-year-old won’t admit it.

“We all got three days rest and he didn’t get any,” Marshall said. “We have to be smart how we use him in games — and in practice.”

Daniels made a layup, Butler a 3-pointer and Arenas two free throws to close out the scoring.

James scored 11 points — including eight straight — during a 23-7 run that turned a 37-27 deficit into a 50-44 lead 2:32 before halftime.

First, James scored on a twisting drive to the basket. After Ilgauskas blocked a shot at the other end, he hit a 3-pointer from well beyond the arc to tie it at 42. Seconds after Butler made two free throws, James hit another 3 to put Cleveland ahead for the first time at 45-44.

James had 21 points in the first half and Cleveland led 54-51 at the break.

Notes: The Wizards tied a season high with 10 3-pointers, including a career-high four by Butler. ... Washington is 19-11 since Butler was put into the starting lineup Dec. 21. ... G Flip Murray, acquired Thursday from Seattle, hit his first shot for the Cavaliers, a jumper from the corner in the second quarter. Murray finished with four points and four assists in 24 minutes. ... Entertainer and Cavs minority owner Usher attended his first game of the season Tuesday, but was not back at courtside Friday. ... Jamison is expecting to get a tryout for the U.S. Olympic team. “Who wouldn’t want the opportunity?” he said before the game. “I grew up watching the Dream Team. It’s definitely something I want.”

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/11552916/
Old 02-25-2006, 11:19 AM   #2
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Wonder if he'd bolt the team next year?! May be a sign & trade to Dallas
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 11:56 AM   #3
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Melo is so much more clutch than this guy, its not even funny.

Did you see his three last night to put his team up by 1 with three seconds left?

I WAS the biggest LeBron fan going into this year, not anymore

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote