Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-01-2003, 10:18 PM   #1
Tony tha Mavs fan

Tony tha Mavs fan is on a distinguished road
Default Which Local Station Covers the most Mavs?

I know alot of the members on this board might be from around the Dallas - Ft Worth area, and i was wondering who everyone thinks does the best in Mavs coverage.

I like NBC's coverage, they usually have a Cuban interview sneaked in here and there.
Old 07-01-2003, 10:33 PM   #2
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

If you are talking about Radio it has to be Ticket. Otherwise espn1033 between 3-6.
Old 07-01-2003, 11:30 PM   #3
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Which Local Station Covers the most Mavs?

are you talking tv or radio?
Old 07-01-2003, 11:43 PM   #4
Tony tha Mavs fan

I was referring to TV
Old 07-01-2003, 11:49 PM   #5
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Which Local Station Covers the most Mavs?

well...i mostly watch the abc news if i watch the news at all, and i haven't really seen much in the way of mavs coverage this off season.
Old 07-02-2003, 12:41 AM   #6
Tony tha Mavs fan

they barely even show highlights on ABC anymore, they show more stories with Jen Olsen about athletes who sweat the image of Mark Cuban on their shirts.
Old 07-02-2003, 12:42 AM   #7
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

I go to the Ticket mostly.

speaking of the ticket: who's the new voice in the mornings? i can hardly stand waking up to him!! his voice wakes me up with a jolt and massive anxiety. What was up his Monday morning? I have an idea who it is, but will refrain from saying because I'm mostly likely wrongo. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I'm sure he's fine mid day or later, but definitely not a voice to wake up to.
Old 07-02-2003, 01:00 AM   #8
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

The Ticket is good b/c they have a reasonable mix of topics although they, like everyone else, can use more basketball & more hockey. I don't even watch local TV anymore b/c no one really does that great coverage. Anyone watch the ch 27 pre-game/post-game shows? Sometimes they show good highlights.

When are you talking about, Smiles? The only host that is Monday-only is Dale Hanson, but he's not on until noon.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:53 AM   #9
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

AM Stations

1310 - The Ticket (Norm is very good at giving up to date Mav news @ 10 to 12)
1190 - Fox Sports (decent Mav news in afternoon)

FM Stations

103.3 - ESPN Radio (home of the Mavericks, very good Mav news in the afternoon)
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 08:54 AM   #10
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: smile_at_me10
I go to the Ticket mostly.

speaking of the ticket: who's the new voice in the mornings? i can hardly stand waking up to him!! his voice wakes me up with a jolt and massive anxiety. What was up his Monday morning? I have an idea who it is, but will refrain from saying because I'm mostly likely wrongo. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I'm sure he's fine mid day or later, but definitely not a voice to wake up to.
I think you are talking about Norm Hitzges. The Mussers are all on vacation for the next two weeks and Norm is taking over there time slot.

Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 09:16 AM   #11
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

The radio coverage is in flux right now....

From 3pm on....103.3 has far and away the best coverage BUT Randy Galloway is soon to take over that slot so it'll probably go downhill. Can't stand him. At the same hour, the ticket has the "hardline" who've gone absolutely ridiculous with their shtick. Captain DooDoo and all.

Norm is usually in the 10am to noon slot on the Ticket and does a lot of Mavs stuff. He's very knowledgeable, although some people don't care for him because he can be a little blustery.

TV...forget it.
Old 07-02-2003, 09:25 AM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

the hardline is good for talking the great game and football...

not basketball and hockey
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 09:36 AM   #13
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass
The radio coverage is in flux right now....

From 3pm on....103.3 has far and away the best coverage BUT Randy Galloway is soon to take over that slot so it'll probably go downhill. Can't stand him. At the same hour, the ticket has the "hardline" who've gone absolutely ridiculous with their shtick. Captain DooDoo and all.

Norm is usually in the 10am to noon slot on the Ticket and does a lot of Mavs stuff. He's very knowledgeable, although some people don't care for him because he can be a little blustery.

TV...forget it.
Long live Captain Doo Doo!
Old 07-02-2003, 12:14 PM   #14
mattyd
Banned

mattyd is on a distinguished road

I think we need to all embrace the Captain.

Also, I cannot wait for the Musers to get back. Norm is like a kick to head. The only reason I listen to him is because he always has Nellie on.
mattyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 07:50 PM   #15
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

I think the tv station that does the best coverage is CBS and UPN. I may be alone in this opinion, but I kind of enjoy Brian Custer. I also like to watch when Babe Laufenberg (spelling?) is on because after he talks Karen Borta says, "Thanks Babe" and that makes me giggle.

As far as radio, I couldn't get enough of 103.3 from 3-6 during the season. I couldn't stand Newy, but Cooperstein brought so much insight. I couldn't wait to turn on my radio during the playoffs and listen to Chuck and Newy eating crow when the Mavs kept winning. I think it is going to be a mistake putting Galloway in that time slot.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote