Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 02-22-2008, 03:12 AM   #1
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future
Default Dale Davis among possible Mavs target Center

Mavs monitor waiver wire for big man, may seek Dale Davis
Thursday, Feb 21, 2008 11:56 am EST
Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said before Wednesday's game that the club will weigh its options moving forward to fill a roster spot with a big man to replace backup center DeSagana Diop, who was part of the trade to acquire Jason Kidd.

The more likely scenario is that the Mavs will watch the waiver wire and perhaps give a call to somebody like veteran 6-11 forward/center Dale Davis, who has been semi-retired in the Keith Van Horn mold.

"He's on the list," Cuban said.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2008, 04:43 AM   #2
mojorizen7

mojorizen7 is on a distinguished road

Isn't D.Davis like 40 yrs old now?
mojorizen7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:57 AM   #3
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

How about Karl Malone ... or Moses Malone ... or Moses ...
Old 02-22-2008, 08:01 AM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Let's see Dale Davis is...39 years old

He played 46 games @ 10mpg last season for detroit. Avergaged 3 rebs and 0.7blocks.

Wow...we sure do pick-em old these days.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:29 AM   #5
scorched03

scorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the rough

he's 6'11 and only 250. not heavy enough to bang with the big boys in my opinion.
i'd prefer someone at least 275, diop's size. plus say damp fouls out in 1st quarter. u want davis to play 30min vs a shaq, gasol, boozer, bynum, yao, duncan type of guy? dont tell u want to switch dirk onto one of those, which would hinder his scoring. unless u think allen or juho can d up on them?

for these reasons i'd really like 2 guys. one big guy they cant get around, and 1 athletic guy to block their shot. this way it keeps dirk away

Michael Olowokandi 7ft; 270+
Mengke Bateer 6'11; 300 <-- even though i think he sucks, just saying someone with some d skills at this size would be better vs the big west?

Last edited by scorched03; 02-22-2008 at 09:16 AM.
scorched03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:27 AM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm torn on the atheletic shot-blocker versus just a large human mass.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:32 AM   #7
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Fact that DJ was signed for the whole season when Bynum got hurt shows how bad the FA Center pool is. I wish we had kept Diop and just made up the difference using KVH contract.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:06 AM   #8
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been a fan of Dale Davis for years, and even though he's gotten a bit long in the tooth, I bet the proud old warhorse would still be capable of providing our Mavs with a good ten minutes of effective low-post combat and shot-blocking effort a night...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 02-22-2008 at 10:07 AM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:45 AM   #9
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Geeze. We really are in pretty bad condition with this Center situation, aren't we.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:44 AM   #10
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

From famine to feast to near-famine in 3 years.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:25 PM   #11
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

we got f'd in the A
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:49 PM   #12
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I love me some Dale Davis from back in his Pacer days. He's below average for backup center/PF right now, but dangit he's a bad mofo. Talk about bringing some attitude and yet still being a great team mate.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:00 PM   #13
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Uh.. why not sign Kevin Willis again? Might work this time

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:08 PM   #14
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

Mavs heart old balls.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:32 PM   #15
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
I'm torn on the atheletic shot-blocker versus just a large human mass.
I think we should pick up one of each and waive Juwan Howard or Malik Allen if we need a roster spot. However, I want both of the pick ups to be under 30 so that they have a chance to help us now and for the next 2-3 years.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:53 PM   #16
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

i had him on my team on NBA Live 06...he was so dominant.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:53 PM   #17
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah
Uh.. why not sign Kevin Willis again? Might work this time
he probably has to play for it to "work" this time.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:48 PM   #18
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Willis is a big body with experience, I wouldn't mind looking into seeing what he's got left.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 07:15 PM   #19
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat
i had him on my team on NBA Live 06...he was so dominant.
I've been playing with Davis on console games since the greatness that was NBA Live 95 (Man, it was nice when you could put together teams with guys like Mark Price and Hornacek and Bradley at his shot-blocking height... makes me want to break out the old super-nintendo ) ...