Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-24-2007, 11:26 PM   #1
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold
Default Cuban takes fans to Six Flags Today!

Just got back from Six Flags. Who all made it to Six Flags tonight? It was a great gesture from Cuban and we all enjoyed spending time at Six Flags with all the players.

If I remember correctly he took us season ticket holders to Six Flags when he bought the Mavs.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2007, 11:36 PM   #2
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Wow that sounds awesome
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:52 PM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
Just got back from Six Flags. Who all made it to Six Flags tonight? It was a great gesture from Cuban and we all enjoyed spending time at Six Flags with all the players.

If I remember correctly he took us season ticket holders to Six Flags when he bought the Mavs.
No didn't hear about it at all. Am I an outcast season ticket holder?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:22 AM   #4
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Yeah, you should have gotten the tickets in the mall sometime this week. Six Flags was closed to the general public, and only Mavs season ticket holders were there. I looked like about 10K was there 2night. I was awesome.

Here is another little secret:

We all got free tickets to Six Flags from the Mavs, and it only cost $20.00 to upgrade the ticket to a 2008 Six Flags Season pass..Can you believe that? I bought ten 2008 Six Flags Season tickets for a little over $200...Seriously!!!

I saw all the signs at the park about upgrading tickets, so I walked up to Guest relations and asked if we could upgrade to the 2008 Season tickets. The young lady said it will be about $20. I bought 4 tickets, then after I bought them, then I thought about I might as well take advantage of the situation and bought 6 more....I could not believe. Another guy in line saw me do it, and they bought about 6 season tickets as well.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:24 AM   #5
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Wow that sounds awesome
It was. Every Mavs player on the roster was there. They had ole Faz to lead the crowd in Mavs chants as part of his rookie initiation.

Side Note:
The Mavs Vets stayed for about an hour, but the rest had to stay still 9p.m.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:38 AM   #6
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

it's been forever and a day since i've been to six flags. I heard Avery talking about it on GAC tonight. I bet that would be pretty sweet, place to yourself with the mavs.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:48 AM   #7
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Cuban is awesome

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 06:30 AM   #8
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Cuban's money would be better served on phone bills calling up Jerry Buss. How does this improve the team?

What a horrible owner.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:16 AM   #9
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

My company has four season tickets, and my buddy at work won the Six Flags tickets in a drawing last week.

I was supposed to go, but my wife came down sick a couple days ago, so I had to skip it.

I'm bummed. I've already gotten email reports on how cool it was.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:28 AM   #10
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Cuban's money would be better served on phone bills calling up Jerry Buss. How does this improve the team?

What a horrible owner.

don't be bitter, call buss yourself.

Tell them you are Cubans legal adviser.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:06 AM   #11
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
We almost did not go, because I have a tendacy of throwing away all that extra mess they send in the mail every few days. I am thinking about calling Cuban to tell them to stop spamming my mail with all these offers from their partners ;-0

I was about to throw away the Mavs mail until my wife said it maybe something important this time. Sure enough it was the Six Flags tickets with the free parking.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:13 AM   #12
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Well that is a heck of a note. I'm not the guy on the tickets so I don't get the junk. So he owes me one hour with the mavs players and tickets to 6-flags.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 10-25-2007, 09:18 AM   #13
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Well that is a heck of a note. I'm not the guy on the tickets so I don't get the junk. So he owes me one hour with the mavs players and tickets to 6-flags.
Ask him about the free gift we all got when we went to 6 Flags as well. There is alot he is NOT telling you Ask him when was the last time he went to 6 Flags, then wait for him to swallow, then you know he went last night
Old 10-25-2007, 10:33 AM   #14
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
Ask him about the free gift we all got when we went to 6 Flags as well. There is alot he is NOT telling you Ask him when was the last time he went to 6 Flags, then wait for him to swallow, then you know he went last night
tag 'em and bag 'em
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:09 AM   #15
thurst0509

thurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to all

My wife and I were there. It was a blast!

After the pep rally we walked around the park and rode a few rides. We bought some Papa Johns pizza at the USA Food Court and sat down at a picnic bench outside to eat. As we were finishing up and getting ready to move on, Jerry Stackhouse walked up to the snack stand nearby with his family and ordered some food. Then he walked over with his food and sat down by himself at a bench less than 10 feet away from us! He signed a few autographs and took some pictures with fans, and I was able to get a picture with him and my wife together. All in all we didn't talk to him much but he seems like such a cool guy. And dang does he have some pearly white teeth!

A few observances overall from the pep rally:

* Dirk was his usual fun-loving self. He seems to be having a blast with the team this year - he was laughing, joking, smiling, high-fiving fans the entire time I saw him.
* J-Ho seemed content to hang out in the background with the bench players rather than eat up the attention that the other stars were getting. I'm not sure if he's just shy like that or if he was in a foul mood but I thought it was kind of interesting.
* Devin is BIG. And he's absolutely beaming with confidence. All signs point to him having a breakout year this year.
* Everyone who spoke at the pep rally mentioned championship several times. The team's confidence right now is palpable.
* Chris Arnold is still annoying.

I am really loving this team right now and I can't wait for the season to get started. I'll go on record right now and say I'm off the "bring Kobe to Dallas" bandwagon. Maybe I've drank the team kool-aid but the team really seems to be gelling together right now and their confidence is very high. I still wouldn't be upset if the MBT decided it's in the best interest to bring Kobe in, but I really am happy with our chances right now.

I wish I'd known we could get season pass upgrades for $20... That's an awesome deal! And I had no idea the players stayed for so long afterwards - I thought they all headed out after the pep rally unless they wanted to stay with their family or something. Did anyone else run into any other players hanging around the park?

Last edited by thurst0509; 10-25-2007 at 11:12 AM.
thurst0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:14 AM   #16
dude1394
Guru

Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
Old 10-25-2007, 12:34 PM   #17
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, my buddies met Stack and got their picture taken with him in the same area.

Dangit I'm jealous.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 02:55 PM   #18
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoogE
My wife and I were there. It was a blast!

After the pep rally we walked around the park and rode a few rides. We bought some Papa Johns pizza at the USA Food Court and sat down at a picnic bench outside to eat. As we were finishing up and getting ready to move on, Jerry Stackhouse walked up to the snack stand nearby with his family and ordered some food. Then he walked over with his food and sat down by himself at a bench less than 10 feet away from us! He signed a few autographs and took some pictures with fans, and I was able to get a picture with him and my wife together. All in all we didn't talk to him much but he seems like such a cool guy. And dang does he have some pearly white teeth!

A few observances overall from the pep rally:

* Dirk was his usual fun-loving self. He seems to be having a blast with the team this year - he was laughing, joking, smiling, high-fiving fans the entire time I saw him.
* J-Ho seemed content to hang out in the background with the bench players rather than eat up the attention that the other stars were getting. I'm not sure if he's just shy like that or if he was in a foul mood but I thought it was kind of interesting.
* Devin is BIG. And he's absolutely beaming with confidence. All signs point to him having a breakout year this year.
* Everyone who spoke at the pep rally mentioned championship several times. The team's confidence right now is palpable.
* Chris Arnold is still annoying.

I am really loving this team right now and I can't wait for the season to get started. I'll go on record right now and say I'm off the "bring Kobe to Dallas" bandwagon. Maybe I've drank the team kool-aid but the team really seems to be gelling together right now and their confidence is very high. I still wouldn't be upset if the MBT decided it's in the best interest to bring Kobe in, but I really am happy with our chances right now.

I wish I'd known we could get season pass upgrades for $20... That's an awesome deal! And I had no idea the players stayed for so long afterwards - I thought they all headed out after the pep rally unless they wanted to stay with their family or something. Did anyone else run into any other players hanging around the park?
Yeah, the vets were allowed to leave a little earlier to the event, but the young ones had to stay till 9p.m. It was mandatory for all the players to show up for the event as well.

One thing that tickles me to death, is trying to understand what Dirk is saying on the mic. He holds his head down and it just comes out bad :-)

Yeah, J-Ho is a little timid, but that is just him in the public eye. Catch him in the club, and you would not say this.

One thing is for sure. Harris is now the leader of this team. I like the way he now leads this team off the court, so that tells me that he can do it on the court. He was the leader last night, and Jet followed suit as well. These are the kind of things that I look for in Harris taking over as floor leader.

As far as the Six Flags season ticket thing, it was not known, but I figured I would go ask to see if I could upgrade our tickets to season passes. And they did, so I bought extra ones as well I started to press my luck and buy about 50 of them, and then re-sell them on ebay or something. Even sell them here as well
Old 10-26-2007, 02:07 AM   #19
you

you is a jewel in the roughyou is a jewel in the roughyou is a jewel in the roughyou is a jewel in the roughyou is a jewel in the rough

Cuban always has great ideas like this for the devoted Mavs fans. I love it.

I'm sure that many of you were there a couple of summers ago when Stack, Terry, and Damp joined the team and Cuban arranged a meet and greet. Everyone got to speak with the players, coaches, and management. It was really cool.

The Mavs management is the best in the NBA for the fans.
you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:19 PM   #20
Bathouse Bear

Bathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these parts

I went to the event also.

I got there right as the pep rally was ending and JET was making Fazekas (aka rook) lead the crowd in some cheers. i watched the Fat guys dance and then went off and rode some rides.

Warning....do not go to the johnny rockets resturant at Six Flags to order burgers if you are on a budget.
My girlfriend paid for me and her and between the two of us we ordered
2 Double Cheseburger combos
1 side of onion rings
1 milkshake.

That came out to $38.00. You could go to Whataburger or any other Johnny rockets and pay about $16 for that same amount of food.

I had no clue about the season pass upgrade
Bathouse Bear is offline   Reply With Quote