Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-13-2009, 09:54 PM   #1
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mavs 96 Wolves 94

At least early, this felt like a "coming back down" kind of game. Dallas had a pretty emotional/heavy week of games lined up against tough competition and this was seen as the natural break in the system.

Dallas went away from attacking the basket in the 2nd quarter and that got them into trouble. That was a brutally painful stretch to watch in the tail end of the first half going into the 3rd quarter. They were clanging shots and missing a ton of layups.

Definitely two different halves for Dirk. He was waiting for the game to come to him or when he felt like it was necessary to put the foot down, he put it down. In the first half he was going with the flow and in the 3rd he just flat out took over. It seems like he can find a way to get to 20 points pretty easily. 24 games in a row with 20 is pretty nice.

There might be something much worse than the 3 guard lineup...that's the Jet/JJ backcourt. They might as well go to a zone defense if they have both of them without Kidd. The defense is just hard to press at that point.

The impression I got from periodically checking the GDT was that everybody wanted Wright's head on a platter...offensively, I can understand - defense, hell no. In a game where this could've been a massive blowout in the bad way, defense at key times or on certain people made the difference. I thought he did a pretty good job on Miller. I've said before I'll live with the result on offense as long as the D is fine. The only thing I would say is he didn't attack the paint as much as I would've liked tonight. He might not be a factor all the time on offense...but every night he makes a difference on defense and makes things harder for the guy who is trying to get past him.

Jet totally redeemed himself with that clutch basket at the end because the defense he had tonight was just not good. But man, what a clutch shot.

Kidd really didn't do very much in the first 3 quarters but really pushed the issue in the 4th with some heady moves. Otherwise, there wasn't a whole lot from him in terms of leaving a mark early in the game. Kidd seems to find a way to make his impact in the 4th if he hasn't left it out there. Pretty impressive quarter.

It looks like an 8 man rotation is ready to be put into place, it's just waiting for when Josh is definitely in the fold. Damp, Dirk, Josh, Wright, Kidd, Jet, JJB, and Bass looks to be group. You'll maybe see guys like Singleton or Hollins if we need to go with a spark.

Take care of business, one more game...
Old 04-13-2009, 09:56 PM   #2
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

That was pretty sad but oh well, we win.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:58 PM   #3
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Terry/Kidd/Damp/Dirk pulled out the win, but Carlisle really screwed up bby not playing a center in the second quarter and using the 3 guard lineup in the second as well.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:58 PM   #4
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

To think we've got 18 wins after trailing at halftime...

The MO for this team seems to be that they have to exert a ton of energy in the 3rd quarter of games to find a way to get back in, then they have to find enough gas left in the tank to climb the mountain.

Sure, Minnesota has given up their share of blown leads...but we don't play them 18 times.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:59 PM   #5
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Terry/Kidd/Damp/Dirk pulled out the win, but Carlisle really screwed up bby not playing a center in the second quarter and using the 3 guard lineup in the second as well.
It DID screw things up...but we always screwed ourselves early with missing at least 4-5 layups.

I hate the JJ/Jet backcourt much more than the 3 guard lineup.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:02 PM   #6
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Nonono, Carlisle's master plan was to play a God-awful lineup during the meat of the game to make Minnesota think they would win! Then, he pulled the switcharoo!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:02 PM   #7
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

We won.

That's all I give a crap about.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:04 PM   #8
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank god.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:10 PM   #9
vRookie

vRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
We won.

Same here.

I think 3 key defensive plays in the last few minutes, made it possible for Mavs to pull this one out. One was Kidd stripping Mike Miller for the steal, another was Wright stripping Telfair, who had backed him down to the basket, and lastly, Dirk's massive steal on Minnesota's second last possession that allowed Mavs to take the last shot (pretty much).

Mavs should learn from this. You need plays like that to win in the playoffs but it won't be this easy to pulloff. Bring on the Rockettes!!
vRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:16 PM   #10
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

I'm so glad they pulled it out.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:19 PM   #11
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Man I thought we was about to lose and be tied with the Jazz man, a win is a win that's all I care about and I really hope Carlisle doesn't use a 3 guard line up in the playoffs.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:22 PM   #12
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Say what you want about Carlisle's line-ups at times, at least he knows how to write good plays out of time-outs. That is definitely something I thought Avery sucked at.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:22 PM   #13
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Great recap BG!

Personally, I have so many negative things to say about this game regarding our Mavs. But after that very stressful last 3 minutes of the game, I have decided to just enjoy the moment and the win!

In a nutshell, thank you Dirk for carrying the Mavs in the 2nd half. Thank you Kidd for the timely steal and smart plays in the 4th. Thank you Damp for the defense/rebounding throughout the game and that all important timely steal at the end of the game. Thank you Wright for a great steal. And of course, thank you JET for the clutch shot.

Go Mavs!!!

Edit: I forgot to say: Thank you Carlisle for finally playing Damp in the 4th!!! See? More often than not, good things happen when you play a center.

Last edited by monty55555; 04-13-2009 at 11:31 PM.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:22 PM   #14
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
We won.

same
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:23 PM   #15
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

good game in the first quarter and the last 3 minutes. pretty bad game otherwise
One thing that really concerned me was that dirk was the only one to actually get to the line by attacking the basket. the only other guys to draw a shooting foul were kidd once, bass once and terry once. that is just not enough. I guess I can note it down to being a back to back game after a tough loss yesterday and 4 emotionally draining games within the last week.

In the end i'm glad we won - after all thats all that counts.

on other courts - JR smith made 10(!) 3 pointers vs sacramento - denver up by 14 at the moment)

Last edited by Lor20; 04-13-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:25 PM   #16
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lor20 View Post
ghood game in teh first quarter and the last 3 minutes. pretty bad game otherwise
One thing that really concerned me was that dirk was the only one to actually get to the line by attacking the basket. the only other guys to draw a shooting foul were kidd once, bass once and terry once. that is just not enough. I guess I can note it down to being a back to back game after a tough loss yesterday and 4 emotionally draining games within the last week.
Credit the Mavs for doing the work necessary to put Minnesota in a tough spot. They got into the penalty early and every FT mattered.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:29 PM   #17
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Well...They sure pissed me off for about 2.5 hours.

I like when they win in combination with about 67 "coach-able moments" thrown in. It makes me happy to know they're going to want to improve upon that abortion of a basketball game.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 04-13-2009 at 10:37 PM. Reason: i can speek english
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:35 PM   #18
Blackspider972

Blackspider972 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackspider972 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
We won.

Amen. At this point, take a win any way you can take it. I'm sure the Hornets would have loved an ugly win tonight.

And I don't remember in recent memory that in the last game of the season, so much is at stake seedings wise. Gonna be a crazy last 2 days of the season, mainly Wednesday.
Blackspider972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:35 PM   #19
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Josh has become so important since we accquired Kidd. Without Josh there´s too much pressure on Dirk and Jet offensively. Teams can play them very agressive cause there really is no other scoring threat. If Josh plays and plays well Kidd is very valuable (and despite all the bashing in the GDT I thought he was really important today too). He makes alot of good intelligent plays and he plays some D (one of the few guys really capable). I think that´s what it comes down to in the playoffs. Josh needs to be the Josh of 2006 and we have a shot against anyone.

Last edited by Fidel; 04-13-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:36 PM   #20
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

You are right dhws,about Carlisle. He sure can call a great play out of timeouts, etc.

He is a great xs and os coach. That is why he worked so damn well with Bird. Bird would coach the team and hated xs and os... so he had Carlisle who loved the xs and os. So Bird would give the speech, Carlisle would call the play.

And the great thing about that play. Both Dirk and Terry had a great look on it. They weren't sure who to get on it.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:04 PM   #21
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

So basically it comes down to beating the Rockets and hoping LA doesn't throw the game to Utah.... great.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:17 PM   #22
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zki41 View Post
So basically it comes down to beating the Rockets and hoping LA doesn't throw the game to Utah.... great.
and/or***
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:20 PM   #23
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I posted this in the other thread, but it's worth repeating here: the Jazz will be on the second night of a B2B tomorrow @LA, and they are 3-17 on the second night of B2B's this season.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:20 PM   #24
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zki41 View Post
NO, Mavs are 1 game in front of Utah, to get the 6 seed mavs have to beat the rockets, and San Antonio at home has to beat New Orleans.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:23 PM   #25
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

This was not a sad performance by the Mavs, someone called it that but it wasn't.

This was just a fluke ass night where the rims were playing tricks on the Mavs. How many missed layups did we have? What about when Damp deflected the ball and Craig Smith (or whoever) got a layup out of it? How about Dirk getting stripped of the ball? Barea attempting to make a pass and it hitting the iron? Kidd with the offensive rebound but Singleton fumbling the pass? Flukes, the lot of them.

This was just a fluke night that the Twolves were in it , Mavs should've won by 10. So I'm not that mad at the "performance", it was just one of those nights where the ball is bouncing one team's way.

I think Carlisle waited to long to put Kidd on Miller though. Those post ups on Barea/Terry/ kickouts to 3-PT shooters in corner were vexing. Mavs gave up way too many open looks in the CORNER of all places, most efficient 3-PT shot.

ANywho, on to Houston. this game is gonna be TOUGH, it's basically a playoff game. And can Mavs make it 9th straight 50 win year! What an accomplishment, even if without a ring**

**-Mavs won a ring in 2006, the Finals were rigged and Wade did not deserve those Game 5 free throws.

Last edited by ghazi; 04-13-2009 at 11:24 PM.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:24 PM   #26
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I posted this in the other thread, but it's worth repeating here: the Jazz will be on the second night of a B2B tomorrow @LA, and they are 3-17 on the second night of B2B's this season.
Also Utah is 1-19 on the road against teams over 500, to say the least the odds are tilted to the Mavs clinching the 7 spot tomorrow
Old 04-13-2009, 11:51 PM   #27
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Who cares about the Jazz. We are aiming for the #6 spot.

Josh needs to be the Josh of 2004/2005 (before the all-star birth).

what a great victory, a win is a win in my book!

GO MAVS

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:54 PM   #28
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

jason terry is so good.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:19 AM   #29
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

This last 2 games showed me again how much i will love it to have next saison another above average scorer in this team so all that Jet/Barea or 3 guard line up or this S5 with Dirk/Josh and 3 offensive-suckers is over....

Jefferson, Redd, Kaman, Shaq...i dont care who...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:25 AM   #30
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

I was really hoping that the Hornets would end up 8th and face LA in the 1st. Man that would be something. As for the Jazz, it would seem a nice matchup with the Nuggets. I want the Spurs first

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:27 AM   #31
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Also Utah is 1-19 on the road against teams over 500, to say the least the odds are tilted to the Mavs clinching the 7 spot tomorrow
Not really. L.A. has no incentive to win, they'll likely play their scrubs.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:30 AM   #32
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Here is how I see things happening:

Den over Por
Dal over Hou
SA over NO
LAL over Utah

3. SAS
4. Hou
5. POr
6. Dal
7. NO
8. Utah

Old 04-14-2009, 12:32 AM   #33
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Lal scrubs will beat the sh*t out of Utah

Old 04-14-2009, 12:35 AM   #34
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
Who cares about the Jazz. We are aiming for the #6 spot.
+1

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:47 AM   #35
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh, Good Morning.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:49 AM   #36
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Not really. L.A. has no incentive to win, they'll likely play their scrubs.
Bynum will play, and I bet the starters play some minutes
Old 04-14-2009, 01:41 AM   #37
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Denver will not beat Portland in Portland.

Lakers
Nuggets
Spurs
Blazers
Rockets
Mavs
Hornets
Jazz

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 04-14-2009, 01:45 AM   #38
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Denver owns the tiebreaker with Portland so they already have the 2 seed over Portland.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:51 AM   #39
TheMaverick
Golden Member

It's important for Portland to win wednesday night, so they can have their HCA.. which is a big advantage.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 04-14-2009, 04:14 AM   #40
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

One more game to take care of business before the playoffs start. I would definitely like to see us hit that 50 win mark once again.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote