Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-14-2002, 10:59 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Someone, presumably from this site, is out in Long Beach, CA trying to gain access to the Summer Pro League to cover the Mavs. I received a note from a Summer Pro League media relations agent, asking to confirm this individual, who listed Dallas-Mavs.com as his employer. Anyone know who this is (JoeJoe?)? Not quite sure what to tell media relations guy.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2002, 12:45 AM   #2
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Hey... this is kinda cool [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I do have newspaper experience covering a sports team (believe it or not). Perhaps dj can help me get a media credential?? lol

I bet you have to pay for a spot on press row... but that could be considered [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] hehe...
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 07:07 AM   #3
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Hey, that´s interesting ...

If this is something that works we may think about sending our own "media guys" to certain events ... since we´re spread we can easily cover quite a lot events ...

Just a proposal: send Rhylan and Smile first, that may open some doors and make friendly weather with other "media" people ...
Old 07-15-2002, 10:26 AM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd be careful with this. I would slam the door shut on it until you know exactly who it is. What about MFF?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 10:29 AM   #5
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

well of course the CURRENT pretender shut be punished for doing so ...

I meant it as a future idea
Old 07-15-2002, 10:57 AM   #6
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm I already said it was ok, but asked for the individual's name for verification. Perhaps I should send another e-mail telling them he is not affiliated with this site?
Old 07-15-2002, 11:15 AM   #7
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

What could possibly happen that would be bad, out of it? The true reach of Dallas-Mavs.com only goes as far as the content that is online, which is completely under the control of DJ.

It'd be nice to make sure it is a "legit" poster, of course. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

But let me tell you, there's not a "media credential police" that's going to come knock down your door because someone got a cred or a media kit as a "representative" of the site. The world of media and sports coverage is very discombobulated.. as anyone who reads the DMN can attest [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2002, 11:36 AM   #8
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

<< It'd be nice to make sure it is a &quot;legit&quot; poster, of course. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] >>

If it was a &quot;legit&quot; poster, they would have asked DJ before trying to use his site to get press credentials.

As to results it depends--if the guy does something bizarre while there, DJ could have a harder time getting press credentials for people in the future--if he ever has a reason to try to do so.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 11:56 AM   #9
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

<< Perhaps I should send another e-mail telling them he is not affiliated with this site? >>

i'd want to make that *very* clear
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 01:05 PM   #10
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

<< If it was a &quot;legit&quot; poster, they would have asked DJ before trying to use his site to get press credentials. >>

..so who's in Cali? hmmm....
Old 07-15-2002, 01:40 PM   #11
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

<<

<< If it was a &quot;legit&quot; poster, they would have asked DJ before trying to use his site to get press credentials. >>

..so who's in Cali? hmmm....
>>

Only one I know off the top of my head is MFF. But we Know it's not her.

I got a crazy feeling it's JoeJoe/RCF [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] .

Never the less, I'd give it a NO!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 01:47 PM   #12
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

But how would that 'tard get all the way to Long Beach? Does he even know where it is? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I always assumed he was from the DFW area. Back in his LMF days, I never traced his IP address to get an idea as to what part of the country he was in.. did anyone?

I just doubt it would be him... because doing that would require leaving the house, speaking with human beings, appearing to have legitimate communication skills, and writing on a piece of paper with a writing instrument. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Very tough stuff for our old buddy, I think [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I wonder-- did someone go out there on vacation or something, then get this idea as a sort of spur of the moment thing, but have no 'net access as a way of explaining it?

Unless someone says something soon, it's probably just some dude trying to get good seats or impress a girl or something. Or maybe streak out onto the court buck nekkid.. I dunno. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2002, 02:02 PM   #13
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Way back when, He mentioned something about covering summer games for the site before.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 02:04 PM   #14
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Fo sho? Awww, man! What a turd.
Old 07-15-2002, 03:25 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I would MOST DEFINITELY email back with a hell no. If it is someone legit, they should contact dj before using the d-m.com name. If it is that turd joejoe, he could give d-m.com such a bad name that the site could be blackballed. I'd jsut be very concerned about someone that uses a name that is not theirs to use.

If a legit person affiliated with the site were identified, ala MFF, that would be different. We know she wouldn't do anything stupid to embarass dj or the site.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 03:39 PM   #16
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

<< If it is that turd joejoe, he could give d-m.com such a bad name that the site could be blackballed. >>

LOL... he could give the site a bad name amongst he and his three friends.. as they sit in their garage, wearing black t-shirts of death metal bands, smokin tha doja, scamming on how they will write a computer virus that will somehow shut down their high school for one measly afternoon in August [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Okay, I will refrain from this juvenile picking from this point forward. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I'm not scared of ol' JoeJoe, but I wouldn't let anybody use the name of the site if they didn't make themselves known, obviously. For principle. Messin' with the website is like messin' with emotions. There's principalities up in this! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

However -- it does provide a good idea for the future, like SJ said! Someone coulda covered the Global Games for reals.. it's a pretty small little joint.
Old 07-15-2002, 04:14 PM   #17
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

sure, i'll cover the mavericks for next year.. not a problem
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 04:27 PM   #18
djb
Administrator

Apparently there were TWO guys requesting access [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Weird. You'd think they'd contact me or one of the mods first before signing themselves off as &quot;Dallas-Mavs.com Staff.&quot; If it's anyone here, please let me know who you are (would hate to reject guys like murph or rhylan if they were trying to cover games).
Old 07-15-2002, 06:19 PM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

well, fortunately, it wasn't me..aren't they playing these summer league games in california?
well, i don't have any interest of being there

it's not texas
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 06:26 PM   #20
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Amen.

Texas is the shizzle, my nizzle. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]