Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-10-2009, 10:22 PM   #1
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of
Default Mavs 100 Whorenets 92

Good win for the beloved Mavs, we had a poor shooting game yet held them off with our brilliance on the glass.

Kidd like many had trouble from behind the arc, but did an adequate defensive job and orchestrated the tempo of the game.

Dirk solid game, attacked basket and got to line.

Terry likewise.

Bass and Dampier were great on the boards, and gave us point production.

J-Ho too! 25/10 last I checked. Wonderful, and attacked the basket.

Barea struggled, no big deal.
Wright was adequate defensively.

CP3 went off for 42 but he is a great player, not much we can really do about it. I'd rather him score than get others involved and live in the paint kicking out to shooters. Hornets did not have many 3 PT looks tonight.

For the most part I liked our defense today.

No complaints, we went out there and took care of business against a team we're supposed to take care of business too.

This was the easy game v them, Sunday will be more difficult as we're ona 6 game looss streak in that area. let's hope the rims are more friendly to our jumpers Sunday than they were tonight.

Good win, now we're in 7th, but we ain't done yet boys.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2009, 10:24 PM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
No complaints, we went out there and took care of business against a team we're supposed to take care of business too.
You suck - don't EVER deviate from the script!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:25 PM   #3
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

I'm vexed you never said vexed.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:32 PM   #4
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Poor shooting night saved by great rebounding effort (why we never saw that earlier this season ).

3 absolut clear offensiv fouls by Paul, 3 times he get the call for himself, unbelievable

Honestly im allready scared about the refs on sunday. Stay focus, keep crshing the boards and that sucker hornets frontcourt, shoot better and we have a win in NO.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:42 PM   #5
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

We made shots we were supposed to make. We got rebounds we were supposed to get. We got steals we were suppoped to get. Is this how we win games we were supposed to win?
Old 04-10-2009, 10:45 PM   #6
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

Josh Howard was awesome, his hustle was unbelievable: his diving save after the strip really shows us what he's about now, his mentality has changed.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:53 PM   #7
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Next game is absolutely a must win.

We need to pay attention to the Boston - Cleveland game as well. If Boston can beat Cleveland, then Lakers would have home court in the play offs at that point, meaning against the Jazz, they have to decide if they want to throw the game to play the Mavs, or win the game to keep home court in the NBA Finals.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:03 PM   #8
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

No wonder the Hornets want to trade Paul to us.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:24 PM   #9
vRookie

vRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to all

Saw this over at Mavs blog on dallasnews.com and thought I would share it. Mavs getting under Byron Scott's skin? lol

Quote:
"I think the way they kind of acted when they were playing tonight, I think that we should have a little more fire in our belly for Sunday's game, you know with all the antics they were doing," Scott said. "Rubbing it in, showing off, I don't know what you want to call it. But all those antics, I am old school and it didn't sit well with me, and I hope it didn't sit well with our guys."
vRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:28 PM   #10
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

STFU, Byron Scott.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:38 PM   #11
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

lol, bitter boy.

Need to shoot better though in new Orleans to win. One role player may have to step up and score 15 or so.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:51 PM   #12
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

A lot foul tonight cause great defense or much aggressivity!

Miss you, Romus.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:51 PM   #13
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

Sour grapes, Byron, sour grapes.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:58 PM   #14
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

From ESPN article:

"Players and coaches always say it's hard to beat a team twice in a row, and the Hornets hope that's the case. New Orleans coach Byron Scott perhaps added to his team's desire by accusing the Mavericks of "rubbing it in, showing off, I don't know what you want to call it.""

Please cry less Scott, you're a turd.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:01 AM   #15
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering if the team could survive a poor shooting night unlike those 60% and 55% shooting performances in the last two games. They shot 40%; I believe it's the 54-38 rebounding advantage that won the game.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:07 AM   #16
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

I really like tonight's win. Sure, it's fun to put up 140 on Phoenix by shooting 60% against their 8th-grade-girls' defense...but winning a game when our jumpers aren't falling, that shows some grit, and that's what this Mavs team is going to need to advance.

Major props to Josh for playing like Josh Howard 2006, and not "you can't control what the ball do" Josh Howard. If he keeps bringing it, we're golden. Nice to see Bass with a big game too, he'd been rather silent lately. I'm much more confident in our team when I see Bass and Howard going to the rim than when JJB is our most aggressive interior player, as was all-too-often the case earlier this season.

So we're now tied for 6th and can take sole control of it with another win on Sunday against the Seattle Hornets. As long as we stay in 6th or 7th, I really like our chances to advance, based on the last couple games.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:15 AM   #17
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
I really like tonight's win. Sure, it's fun to put up 140 on Phoenix by shooting 60% against their 8th-grade-girls' defense...but winning a game when our jumpers aren't falling, that shows some grit, and that's what this Mavs team is going to need to advance.

Major props to Josh for playing like Josh Howard 2006, and not "you can't control what the ball do" Josh Howard. If he keeps bringing it, we're golden. Nice to see Bass with a big game too, he'd been rather silent lately. I'm much more confident in our team when I see Bass and Howard going to the rim than when JJB is our most aggressive interior player, as was all-too-often the case earlier this season.

So we're now tied for 6th and can take sole control of it with another win on Sunday against the Seattle Hornets. As long as we stay in 6th or 7th, I really like our chances to advance, based on the last couple games.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:24 AM   #18
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

with all due respect to byron scott, maybe you should focus on boxing out, instead of your bulletin board material crap.

the mavs missed 16 of 17 shots to end the second quarter. If they didn't get cold right then when they were up 20, we probably win by 30. All this despite a superhuman effort from Chris Paul.

Great showing Dallas. Great defense by the bench for the first 6 minutes of the second quarter. And great job fighing back whenever NO got within 8 in the 3rd quarter. The Mavs always had an answer, and it always involved Josh Howard.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:31 AM   #19
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
it was intentional...foreshadowing Shinn trading us Paul for peanuts, attendance dropping to nothing, then moving the franchise to Seattle. there's a method to my madness.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:32 AM   #20
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zki41 View Post
Next game is absolutely a must win.

We need to pay attention to the Boston - Cleveland game as well. If Boston can beat Cleveland, then Lakers would have home court in the play offs at that point, meaning against the Jazz, they have to decide if they want to throw the game to play the Mavs, or win the game to keep home court in the NBA Finals.
Unfortunately, this is no longer true because the Lakeshow lost to the Blazers. The Cavs are now two games up. Looks like LA won't have anything to play for come Wednesday.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:34 AM   #21
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Did something happen at the end of the game? It looked like Paul might've been jawing with someone, but the shot wasn't wide enough to tell what was going on. Howard briefly approached Paul, and then a little later Paul is sticking his jersey out to someone off camera.

Something must've happened.....or this is just completely fake outrage.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 04-11-2009 at 12:35 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:43 AM   #22
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Byron Scott needs to shut up man, what about when his Hornets are wining and Chris Paul starts doing And1 moves on Mavs players?...sombody needs to tell Byron Scott what goes around comes around and I'm happy the Mavs beat the Hornets down.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:52 AM   #23
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Byron Scott is a smug little bitch and deserves whatever is coming his way.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:54 AM   #24
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

umm when your best player is one of the biggest punks in the nba not named kg or jr smith you cant complain about other teams showing you up.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 04-11-2009 at 01:58 AM.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:56 AM   #25
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

The energy from Howard, Bass, and Kidd won it for us tonight.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:14 AM   #26
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

byron scott does not like jason kidd after kidd forced him out of jersey.....he really wanted to destroy the mavs last year and his team DID. Looks like he still has some ill feelings towards Kidd.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:15 AM   #27
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Unfortunately, this is no longer true because the Lakeshow lost to the Blazers. The Cavs are now two games up. Looks like LA won't have anything to play for come Wednesday.
Their game is Tuesday I believe.

Yeah I was upset LA lost tonight, but they still may have incentive to play to get Bynum's wind/timing back along with rhythm with Kobe/Gasol. At least, that's what I'm telling myself

They may play a reduced minute game for the guys such as 25-30 minutes, which may be enough to beat the road Jazz regardless.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:19 AM   #28
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
it was intentional...foreshadowing Shinn trading us Paul for peanuts, attendance dropping to nothing, then moving the franchise to Seattle. there's a method to my madness.
AWESOME
Old 04-11-2009, 01:19 AM   #29
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh.s View Post
byron scott does not like jason kidd after kidd forced him out of jersey.....he really wanted to destroy the mavs last year and his team DID. Looks like he still has some ill feelings towards Kidd.
to that I will give you this

man down

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:22 AM   #30
mavs777
Diamond Member

bYNUM will play, Utah sucks on the roadm would not be surprised if la wins, but it doesn't mean anything if the mAVS WIN OUT
Old 04-11-2009, 01:41 AM   #31
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Wow this is an impressive win Mavs. I had to go to a party.

Great Job! Keep up the good work.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:00 AM   #32
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
to that I will give you this

man down
was that after the tripping call on howard??? The question i had on that play(aside from the terrible call) was how was that not a carry/double dribble??? He never took his hand around to the side of the ball but his hand was completely underneath the ball and then he dribbled again.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 02:13 AM   #33
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully Kidd remembers how much he hates Byron Scott and punks him again next game.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 02:16 AM   #34
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

On a side note, I don't think I've been this excited all season. Three really quality wins in a row.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 02:32 AM   #35
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
was that after the tripping call on howard??? The question i had on that play(aside from the terrible call) was how was that not a carry/double dribble??? He never took his hand around to the side of the ball but his hand was completely underneath the ball and then he dribbled again.
I was so beside myself after Paul lost his balance and, in a desperate attempt to salvage the possession, threw himself into Howard that I didn't even notice the carry. Calls like that are the worst thing about the NBA.

I remember reading a few years back that the refs review every game they officiate. I wonder if the league quietly sends each team a list of blown calls. I doubt it, but it would make me feel a lot better to know that calls like that were an honest mistake.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:45 AM   #36
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

For those who don't regularly watch Chris Paul, he flops around a lot on the court. On one play, he'll be the toughest guy on the floor, barreling over anyone standing in his way and on the next play, he's throwing his body to the floor. It is frustrating to watch and I'm sure even more frustrating to play against.

---

Make that five straight wins with Josh Howard on the floor

11:12 PM Fri, Apr 10, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Rick Carlisle called Josh Howard the Mavericks most important player before the season started. We're seeing exactly what the coach meant.

The Mavs pretty much know what they're going to get on a consistent basis from Dirk Nowitzki, Jason Kidd and Jason Terry. When Howard plays at a high level, he's a perfect complement to that trio.

Howard is playing as well now as he has since his only trip to the All-Star game. He's attacking the basket and putting up impressive numbers, such as the 25 points and 11 rebounds he had in tonight's win over the Hornets. He's also making gritty, glue-guy plays, such as the critical charge he drew with seconds remaining in the win over the Heat and the fast-break starting loose ball he got on the floor for tonight.
Howard, who has been inconsistent while dealing with nagging ankle and wrist injuries all season, readily acknowledges that he's playing with more energy now than in previous months.

"I haven't been healthy all season," Howard said.

But, Josh, you're not healthy now.

"But I'm close," said Howard, who will have to undergo surgery on his ankle after the season. "I was just like, go do your thing. It's going to hurt, but you've got to keep doing it."

The Mavs must keep Howard healthy to have a legitimate chance to make a playoff run. That means managing his minutes.

The 31 minutes Howard played tonight are his most since early March. Carlisle acknowledged that his decisions to take Howard off the floor against the Hornets were made easy due to foul trouble.

"Those mitigating things have kept his minutes reasonable," Carlisle said. "Otherwise, he certainly could be playing more.

"Treatment tomorrow and hope for the best Sunday, because we definitely need him."

The Mavs have been getting Howard's best recently, which is remarkable considering his medical status.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 02:51 AM   #37
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Quote:
Totally agree. The fact that they still won, and aside from a brief stint where the Hornets closed in, did so in convincing fashion even though they were putting up bricks is extremely convincing.

The Mavs we've seen most of the rest of his year would have lost in this situation.

I think I'm turning into a believer. We may actually go into the playoffs in the 6 spot and make some noise. I believe! Second round or bust.

Side note: I LOVED Wright standing up to Posey. He's done that sort of thing a couple of times lately. It's something this team hasn't had without Stackhouse. Maybe he can bring the never back down thug aspect they've been missing.

Last edited by cinemablend; 04-11-2009 at 02:56 AM.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 02:53 AM   #38
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
bYNUM will play, Utah sucks on the roadm would not be surprised if la wins, but it doesn't mean anything if the mAVS WIN OUT
Exactly. With the Mavs win tonight their destiny is now entirely in their hands. Keep winning and you won't play LA in the first round.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:00 AM   #39
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Howard playing his best basketball injured.

Who woulda thunk?

Maybe he shouldn't get surgery in the offseason.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:04 AM   #40
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I think the biggest difference between these last three games and the rest of the season has been effort. Effort or not showing up if you prefer really has been the achilles heel of the Mavs all season. The Mavs are indeed proving that they DO indeed have the talent to compete in the West. They are easily playing as well as anyone in the west not named the Lakers. Why the Mavs haven't given this type of effort every night is puzzling, but as I will always say....better late then never.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 04-11-2009 at 04:05 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
same old same old, same old same old (wins)