Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-02-2001, 09:38 AM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

just wanted everyone's favorite pro sports moment.
mine would be hard..
dale murphy winning back to back mvp's...
the cowboy's first super bowl in the 90's
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2001, 09:47 AM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Mmmm, man, that's tough. There's probably several.

I'd say the Cowboy's Superbowls would be one. When the Rangers won there first division title a few years ago. Stars winning the Stanley Cup.

I know there's more I'm forgetting. I'll have to check back later.

BTW, Welcome to the board Murphy3 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 10:23 AM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

hmm..a great sports moment
how about the first time i watched the movie Hoosiers
Old 05-02-2001, 10:36 AM   #4
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

hmmmm... tough one... well, not really. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-02-2001, 12:39 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

sweet!
to be honest, that is my favorite college hoops moment.
10 for 10 from the floor
1 for 1 from three point
10 for 10 from the line

amazing game for Laettner
Old 05-02-2001, 12:47 PM   #6
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I had a feeling that was coming BBL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

On a personal note. Two of my favorite sports moments. 1) My first(and only) homerun in Little League. Happened on my very last at Bat of my little league career. Ground ball down the 1st base line [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] . 2) Bowling. Several of them infact. I once bowled a 299, and also had a 747 series(3 games). Also managed to win several awards, most importantly of which was my Dallas-Ft. Worth City Championship. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 01:00 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

My favorite sports moment for my personal sporting career?

probably would have to be....my last game of my high school career,
scored 18, 12 boards
but we were down 5 with less than 5 seconds left
i got the ball and hit a three straight away and was fouled.
missed the free throw on purpose and a teammate rebounded it and put it back in as time expired.
then had the game winning assist on a drive for the winning bucket in overtime.

Old 05-04-2001, 12:42 AM   #8
ReggieThetaChi

ReggieThetaChi is on a distinguished road

Reggie Miller puting 25 on the Knicks in the fourth quarter back in 1994. The infamous dual with Spike Lee. God, that was awesome. It was that day that I began to worship Reggie Miller, the greatest clutch shooter in NBA history, at least this side of Jordan.
Old 05-04-2001, 08:33 AM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

i've never liked that guy, reggie miller
i'll be happy to see him never win an NBA championship

sorry reggie, just never liked indiana or reggie
Old 05-04-2001, 10:29 AM   #10
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

ummmm, last night's Game 5 win over the Jazz has gotta be right up there [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2001, 10:31 AM   #11
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

personal moment?

college was ok, but my favorite memory came in high school.

i was a post player, and had never shot a three in a high school game (even though i could drill them in practice. my coach wouldn't let me shoot em (what an ass). i since have gotten really good at the three, and i shot them in college).

anyway, i remember it as if it were yesterday. Last game of my high-school career (we didn't make the playoffs, but that's another story having to do with an awful coach), towards the end of regulation, we're down by two. a teammate takes a shot, and i come flying in for the tip in at the buzzer to tie it up and go to overtime. everybody goes nuts and my assistant coach actually picks me up (he was a little guy, and i was 6'7" 220). now it gets better. In overtime, we're down by two with time running down again. it was literally what every kid dreams about. we're running down the court on a minor break, and something in my head is just telling me to get to the three-point line. our point guard passes it to me out there (still don't know why. maybe he had faith in me). I'm set to take the shot, but i see someone coming from the corner of my eye. I pump fake, and this guy goes flying past me. Then I jump to take the three. Everything zoned out. i could fill this with every cliche i can find, but it was basically like this. I heard nothing. All I saw was the basket. ball is released, buzzer sounds. nothing but net. we win by one. finished with 24 points and 13 boards. like i said, feels like it just happened yesterday. not ashamed to admit that i cried in the resulting pandemonium.

last night's game reminded me of this, so it's fresh in my head. people running all over. pure elation.
Old 05-04-2001, 10:39 AM   #12
ReggieThetaChi

ReggieThetaChi is on a distinguished road

A lot of people don't like Reggie Miller, and he feeds off of it. He's happy to be the villian. So am I. I got shit thrown at me when we played ATO this year in the Greek league playoffs. It rocked.
Old 05-04-2001, 10:41 AM   #13
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

dude, if you'd have played my ATO team (from when i was in school), y'all would have been squashed. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

we had the bomb team.
Old 05-04-2001, 05:03 PM   #14
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Fav sport moment...Danny Manning leading KU all the way and single-handedly beating OU in the NCAA Championship. I grew up loving KU and was devistated when Duke beat them in 86 in the Final Four...But in 89, the sports gods evened the score for me by allowing me to watch one of the most amazing marches to a championship by a team and a player.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 05:45 PM   #15
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Reggie Miller is my personal deity...
Old 05-05-2001, 10:41 AM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

i can remember the great duke days,
laettner, the thomas hill, alaa abdlenaby, danny ferry....those were great days.

Old 05-23-2001, 06:32 PM   #17
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

I felt like I should add something meaningful to this old thread...

Old 05-23-2001, 07:48 PM   #18
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with hales - game five in Utah. Malone missing that last shot was so sweet.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2001, 02:36 PM   #19
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

LOL Mavinator.

Greatest sports moment was watching the Mets win the championship in 86!

Lowest was watching Reggie drop 25 on the Knicks.

Greatest personal was playing in a summer league at City College in New York and after losing EVERY game that year because we were the only team from NJ, hitting a shot at the buzzer to beat a team that had Kenny Anderson, Malike Sealy (may he rest in peace), Brian Reese (anyone remember him from Carolina) and Jamal Mashburn. Obviously that team was undefeated that summer until we beat them. Wasn't a great game by me, I only scored 12 points, but that was sweet.
Old 05-25-2001, 08:17 PM   #20
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Wow that's quite cool