Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-07-2005, 07:14 AM   #1
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mavs plan to keep eyes open (DMN-Sefko)

Mavs plan to keep eyes open at predraft camp

04:11 AM CDT on Tuesday, June 7, 2005

By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News

Donnie Nelson will lead a large Mavericks delegation to Chicago for the NBA's annual predraft camp, which begins today.

And although there will be a lot of effort put into sorting out the army of talent, it may be little more than busy work for the Mavericks.

"I sort of feel like I'm studying for a test I'll never take," Nelson said Monday.
That's because the Mavericks do not have a draft pick. Their first-round choice belongs to Utah for acquiring Pavel Podkolzin last year. Their second-round pick was dealt away in the Darrell Armstrong trade.

Just because the Mavericks have no picks doesn't mean they can't accomplish things in Chicago. In 2003, a young swingman by the name of Marquis Daniels caught their eye there, and he ended up being a steal as an undrafted free agent later in the summer.

However, the Mavericks believe they have a chance to win a championship in the next few seasons. Getting young projects runs counter to that thought process.

"We'll be aware of what's going on out there," Nelson said. "We're not afraid to take on a young player, but because we have a couple of sophomores and a couple of guys who are coming off their rookie seasons, we have to weigh how much another young guy can help us. Right now, our focus is getting deeper in the playoffs and capturing the ultimate prize."

Along with Nelson, the Mavericks' scouts, along with assistant GM Keith Grant and most of the coaching staff, will be in Chicago.

Countdown to the Global Games: The Mavericks again will host the Coca-Cola Global Games during the last week of July.
"We've got a great group of teams lined up," Nelson said. "It should be our best event yet."

The games feature junior teams from numerous countries. Many of the alumni from the event are playing for NBA teams.

dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2005, 10:55 AM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Mavs plan to keep eyes open (DMN-Sefko)

Sefko is the master of filling up a page with words and not saying a damn thing.

What a fricking tool.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 01:39 PM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Mavs plan to keep eyes open (DMN-Sefko)

Quote:
the Mavericks believe they have a chance to win a championship in the next few seasons. Getting young projects runs counter to that thought process.
what a dumb statement.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 05:13 PM   #4
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Quote:
the Mavericks believe they have a chance to win a championship in the next few seasons. Getting young projects runs counter to that thought process.
what a dumb statement.
In a way he's correct since young projects generally need playing time to develop and the Mavs simply don't have PT to go around.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 05:21 PM   #5
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

tell that to SA who developed Parker and Manu while still being the best team in the league....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 05:28 PM   #6
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Well, yeah, but who were the guys Parker and Ginobili had to fight for to get minutes?

It´s a difference whether you have to outplay Stackhouse / Finley or Bruce Bowen to get mins.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:38 PM   #7
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldnt think that it would be too hard to get minutes from Terry, or minutes behind Howard, or even if you are NBA ready to get minutes behind Dampier.

We dont HAVE to acquire a shooting guard

Also, after San Antonio wins yet another championship, they will look to add new guys. Its the same thing they've always done. After their 1999 championship they went out and put a lot of energy into scouting, and ended up getting Ginobli who very well could have been an undrafted freeagent.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:39 PM   #8
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

if you have a manu....he'll find his way to the floor with consistancy

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 06-07-2005, 06:12 PM   #9
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Well, we have the prostpects all over - Ppod, Benga, Howard, Daniels, Harris.

If you leave out the PF position (where we have two guys on max or max-like contracts atm) we have guys labeled at least "promising" for all those slots, so I really don´t see us going for anybody in the draft.

We have the minutes for a 2nd round draft choice given the current set of players under contract and barring major moves.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:52 PM   #10
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: seelenjaeger
Well, we have the prostpects all over - Ppod, Benga, Howard, Daniels, Harris.

If you leave out the PF position (where we have two guys on max or max-like contracts atm) we have guys labeled at least "promising" for all those slots, so I really don´t see us going for anybody in the draft.

We have the minutes for a 2nd round draft choice given the current set of players under contract and barring major moves.
I think we would have to dump one or more projects before taking on an 2nd rounder or undrafted free agent. Even a low 1st rounder would probably necessitate that.

Of course what we may do is invite several undrafted free agents to camp and then see if they out perform our existing projects.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:59 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Sefko makes fish look like a Pulitzer candidate.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:36 PM   #12
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

Fisher is the best. I am a bias DB.com'er but still, Fish is a better read than Sefko for sure.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 01:24 AM   #13
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
I think we would have to dump one or more projects before taking on an 2nd rounder or undrafted free agent. Even a low 1st rounder would probably necessitate that.

Of course what we may do is invite several undrafted free agents to camp and then see if they out perform our existing projects.
Thats exactly what I thought. First, Bradley will not contribute next year and should be taken out of the picture. Second, everyone but Dirk is tradable IMO which means that any position is open to depth issues.

We'll try like hell to get a pick, scout and if we dont get a pick, Im sure we'll give some undrafted players some thought.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:08 AM   #14
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: The Miles
Fisher is the best. I am a bias DB.com'er but still, Fish is a better read than Sefko for sure.
why compare Spam to Spam? Now compare Spam to Prime Rib.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Fisher is a bit more interesting than Eddie though....

Old 06-08-2005, 10:36 AM   #15
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Quote:
why compare Spam to Spam? Now compare Spam to Prime Rib.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Fisher is a bit more interesting than Eddie though....
I think that is an incredible insult to compare Sefko to spam, insult to spam that is. I would see it more like coparing spam to dog poop, but that still insults the dog poop.

Old 06-08-2005, 10:54 AM   #16
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

For those of you unhappy with the work of Mr. Sefko, I have one word for you:

JodieVelarde

Sefko is what he is--a tired old hack. That made him an enormous step up for the DMN.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 11:05 AM   #17
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: SeriousSummer

JodieVelarde

Sefko is what he is--a tired old hack. That made him an enormous step up for the DMN.
Still that's like saying it's better to have dog crap all over your shoes than all over your face. The 1st is much better than the 2nd, but neither one is a desireable situation.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:11 AM   #18
Drbio
Banned

At this point I'd rather have Jodie Valade back. Sefko is just a piece of shit.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:56 AM   #19
hairball02

hairball02 is on a distinguished road

"Still that's like saying it's better to have dog crap all over your shoes than all over your face"

must be an old family saying
hairball02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 11:59 AM   #20
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I'd have to think about it. I remember Valade not having a clue, but I don't think she ever just flat-out lied.

Old 06-08-2005, 12:01 PM   #21
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
Originally posted by: SeriousSummer

JodieVelarde

Still that's like saying it's better to have dog crap all over your shoes than all over your face. The 1st is much better than the 2nd, but neither one is a desireable situation.
the Mavs have been a Top 7 team the past several years....they deserve a good writer from the local news. At this point David Lord is better than anything else this area has to offer. the DMN should hire that guy.

Old 06-11-2005, 10:32 PM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Fisher is terrible as a writer and as a talk show host.
Murphy3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 12:27 AM   #23
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I tell you who's good. That Jason Quick of the Oregonian. He's good.

I think Sefko is a pretty good writer. Now whether you get a lot of insight from him might be a different question. But if you don't, he's not necesarily to blame for that. You could probably blame the tight-lipped Mavs organization. They just don't let a lot of juicy tidbits out there.

But then again, they aren't necessarily "to blame" for that, either. What is there to say right about now?

If you had the task of writing a news story abou the Mavs this week, what would you fill your column with?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 01:20 AM   #24
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I like fish. Just in case you are lurking around there budda'
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 02:01 AM   #25
LRB
Guru

Quote:
If you had the task of writing a news story abou the Mavs this week, what would you fill your column with?
Something besides a lie, err, I mean a "I misquoted myselfism". [img]i/expressions/anim_roller.gif[/img]

Surely there are at least enough human interest aspects about the Mavs to fill the column without making S#!t up. And Cubes and Donnie are exactly nontalkative, they just don't hand out the juicy details until they decide the time is right. Heck, you could even speculate about goings on behind closed doors so long as you make it clear it's speculation and not misrepresent it as "fact".
Old 06-12-2005, 04:49 AM   #26
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

You guys need to cut it out with the "making shit up" criticism of Sefko. If the Mavs considered an offer, then the shop was open for business. Sefko said he wished he would have worded it differently. He didn't say that he woke up one morning with a wild-assed dream and decided to put in the paper. The two concepts are worlds apart. Do you see why?

Old 06-12-2005, 09:44 AM   #27
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Chum - Stop defending the dude. He said the Mavs "shopped" Dampier. The clear implication was that they were soliciting offers, but the bigger implication was that they were unhappy with him and were already trying to get rid of him. Sefko was offering that up to support his premise that the Mavs made a mistake in signing Dampier, because he doesn't like Dampier. Maybe they made a mistake, maybe they didn't. Time will bear that out, but Sefko was a worm for trying to support his opinion with an out-and-out fabrication.

Old 06-12-2005, 07:16 PM   #28
chumdawg
Guru

Not so fast, KG. If the flip side is true--that the Mavs did NOT feel that they had made a mistake in signing him, and that they were NOT unhappy with him--then it stands to reason that they would NOT have considered an offer for what apparently was a lesser center with a less cumbersome contract.

It's all semantics here. You want to focus on "shopped," I want to focus on "considered." Both terms have implications. You, nor I, should not focus on one and ignore the other.

I just say to have an open mind about it and consider that that there was probably a lot going on that we don't know about, Sefko's brief comments notwithstanding, and not resort to the (frankly, very homerish) argument that Sefko pulled something out of his ass thanks to a personal dislike for Erick Dampier.

Out of curiosity, is there anything else you can point to that indicates Sefko dislikes Damp?
Old 06-13-2005, 08:24 AM   #29
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
Not so fast, KG. If the flip side is true--that the Mavs did NOT feel that they had made a mistake in signing him, and that they were NOT unhappy with him--then it stands to reason that they would NOT have considered an offer for what apparently was a lesser center with a less cumbersome contract.

It's all semantics here. You want to focus on "shopped," I want to focus on "considered." Both terms have implications. You, nor I, should not focus on one and ignore the other.

I just say to have an open mind about it and consider that that there was probably a lot going on that we don't know about, Sefko's brief comments notwithstanding, and not resort to the (frankly, very homerish) argument that Sefko pulled something out of his ass thanks to a personal dislike for Erick Dampier.

Out of curiosity, is there anything else you can point to that indicates Sefko dislikes Damp?
I wouldn't call it simply semantics. "Considered" is an almost meaningless term. I would expect that the Mavs "consider" every offer they receive-- at least enough for Donnie to call Cuban and say something like "do we have any interest in Lorenzen Wright," or whatever.

"Consider" is so vague that the same situation could be used to justify the exact opposite point of view. For example: let's say the situation was that the Knicks offered Nazr Mohammed and a pick for Damp. The Mavs discuss it, and eventually turn it down. Sefko could have just as easily written that the Mavs are happy with Damp, so much so that they turned down offers for him at the trade deadline.
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 11:18 AM   #30
Drbio
Banned

Sefko always pulls this kind of crap. He hasn't reported an original idea since he was hired. That in an of itself is unethical.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:30 PM   #31
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Two thoughts. First, what's the source for saying they considered the offer (whatever it was)? Sefko? If so, I don't know if they considered the offer or not. Second, as Misfit pointed out, what the heck does "considering" the offer mean? Without knowing what the offer was and without knowing how much "consideration" the offer actually received, it's very difficult for me to read anything into the fact that the Mavs fielded the phone call and didn't hang up immediately.

Quote:
I'm sure there was a lot going on we didn't know about. Like another team making an offer for Dampier. Still, it's not "homerish" for me to say Sefko made it up. He DID. The Mavs weren't the ones making offers.

Quote:
Read any of the editions of Inside the Mavericks, and you'll see how blatantly Sefko dislikes him. From a recent edition:

Q: With the current contention between Erick Dampier and Dirk Nowitzki, I want to know if Dampier will be back next season. Also would he be considered a bust at this point?

Jay Madden, Fort Worth

SEFKO: Since we had dozens of Dampier-related questions this week, we took the one that best summarized them all. First off, Dampier has six more seasons and nearly $60 million guaranteed for the remainder of the contract. Coming off this season, can't see any team out there that would want to trade for him. Not even New York, which pursued him last summer. As for whether he's a bust, it's a shade early to be calling him Chan Ho Dampier. He's a bust so far the same way Drew Henson has been a bust for the Cowboys, with one major difference - Henson is young enough to improve. With Dampier, I fear what we see is what we get.

Old 06-13-2005, 02:32 PM   #32
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
For example: let's say the situation was that the Knicks offered Nazr Mohammed and a pick for Damp. The Mavs discuss it, and eventually turn it down. Sefko could have just as easily written that the Mavs are happy with Damp, so much so that they turned down offers for him at the trade deadline.
Good point, Misfit. Sounds like they were happy with him. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-13-2005, 03:26 PM   #33
LRB
Guru

Quote:
If the flip side is true--that the Mavs did NOT feel that they had made a mistake in signing him, and that they were NOT unhappy with him--then it stands to reason that they would NOT have considered an offer for what apparently was a lesser center with a less cumbersome contract.
1st of all, we don't know what the offer was. All the info we have is from Sefko, which is self admittedly "misquoting himself". And even is his blatant misquote, Sefko never gives us the details. Was it a center, a pair of guards, or a two for one coupon at Friday's that was offered? We don't know. Even if it was a center, we don't know what the contract was.

2nd of all does it mean that the Mavs feel that they made a mistake in signing Dirk if they answer the phone and consider an offer for him? I would say that it is definitely a extremely narrow and highly prejudicial intrepretation that you've made. Some a Homer of Sefko might do for example.

Quote:
I think that this is much more than "semantics". "Shopped" connotates and active marketing of Dampier to ascertain his price and to attempt to move him if a good deal can be found. It also indicates the desire of the Mavs to be rid of Damp. "Consider" has a passive connutation on the other hand. It indicates only that the Mavs listen to and think over any offer before responding. It's like the difference of actively sending resumes out to companies in hopes of finding a interview for a job, versus listening if someone calls you unsolicited asking if you'd be interested in another job. In the 1st you most definitely want another job and are taking active steps to acquire one. In the 2nd, it's would appear that you are at least satisfied to stay at the present job since you are taking no active steps to change jobs.

I don't know of any team that would not consider an offer for one of their players no matter who the player is. Take LeBron for example, I'm sure the Cavs "consider" offers on him, but that hardly means that they are "shopping" him. But hey if San Antonio called and wanted to swap TD, Ginobli, and Parker + Picks + $3 million for LeBron + filler, I'm sure they'd consider that one long and hard. But only a basketball idiot would think that the Cavs feel that they made a mistake sigining LeBron.

Certainly any journalist worthy of being called even loosely by that title would know the difference between "shopped" and "considered". Maybe Sefko isn't worthy to even loosely be called a journalist, but still I find it almost impossible to believe that he doesn't know the difference. In fact he as much as admitted it when he claimed to have misquoted himself.

Quote:
Sure there are tons of things that go on with the Mavs that we don't know about. But that doesn't prove anything. Sure it's possible that the Mavs could have actively shopped Dampier. It's possible to win the lottery. It's possible to be struck by lightning twice. It's possible to fall from an air plane at 30,000 feet and live. Lots of things are possible. But the question is not if it's possible, but whether Sefko related something as being true that was not true. Sefko said that he knew for a fact that the Mavs shopped Damp. Then Sefko came back and retracted that statement and said that he didn't know for a fact that the Mavs shopped Damp. He calls it misquoting himself, I call it a lie. But I fail to see how arguing that Sefko lied is being homerish. It's just looking at the facts in evidence and using them to form a conclusion. Homerism, tends to ignore the facts and then draw a conclusion on what you want to believe. Wait a minute, that's sort what Sefko did.