Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 02-24-2003, 07:32 PM   #1
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I'm not sure yet, but the ice is pretty bad up here in McKinney.

If I had to bet though I would say yes.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2003, 07:34 PM   #2
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Big time in Austin, started about 3 this afternoon.

Snow day tomorrow? Pajama party at d-m.com?
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 07:40 PM   #3
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

No chance!

Be about 30c and fine and sunny.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 08:29 PM   #4

Member will become famous soon enoughMember will become famous soon enough

I wish

Ive been watching TV and looking at the scrolling list at the bottom and our district hasn't shown up. Hopefully it will and we could have a party like sweets said.
Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 09:25 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm contract labor (if you call accounting labor)..so,i guess i can have a snow day if i want
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 09:46 PM   #6
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

<< Big time in Austin, started about 3 this afternoon.

Snow day tomorrow? Pajama party at d-m.com?
>>

How much snow, SS?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 09:50 PM   #7
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Not much, mostly melting as it hit the ground. It's just cool to see it here at all.

Around 5 this afternoon we got some thunder and lightening followed by heavy freezing rain. My yard and steps are covered in ice.

I doubt we will go anywhere tomorrow.

Should we start a pajama party thread?
Old 02-24-2003, 09:55 PM   #8
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

Its really going now SS... I dont think the university will cancel anything though.
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 09:59 PM   #9
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

<< Its really going now SS... I dont think the university will cancel anything though. >>

I've been watching the news and there aren't too many cancelations so far. Round Rock schools are 3 hours late and Austin ISD hasn't made their announcement yet. UT will probably cancel at least the first 2 hours, maybe until 10 or so.
Old 02-24-2003, 10:10 PM   #10
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

I'm stuck at UT right now. My car is completely iced over, and I don't have a scraper. Someone said a 2-3 hour drive to get south of town, so I'm spending the night at the office. woo. hoo.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 10:10 PM   #11
turbo.mav

hey UL are you a professor?
Old 02-24-2003, 10:17 PM   #12
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

grad student
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 11:06 PM   #13

No school for me! lets start the party!
Old 02-24-2003, 11:09 PM   #14
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

Cool Member. Should be start a new thread or make this the pajama party thread. But, let's wait until morning, ok?
Old 02-24-2003, 11:14 PM   #15

We should see what the others think about the new thread, but whatever u want. Im not too experienced with the online partying so ill let u do all the talking and organizing.
Old 02-24-2003, 11:42 PM   #16
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Well I guess of all intents and purposes I will be in that I want be doing the normal activities tomorrow that I would have been doing.
Old 02-25-2003, 01:06 AM   #17
turbo.mav

hahah what in the world LRB?
Old 02-25-2003, 01:14 AM   #18
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< hahah what in the world LRB? >>

Well since I'm recovering from a recent surgery, I would only have been running some very light errands tomorrow. Now I'll just stick to the house.
Old 02-25-2003, 01:40 AM   #19
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

uuuuuuuhhhhhh... that's bum-freezing... -2 til 2 °C... and snowy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]...

i guess i stay here in germany... too cold in dallas [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]...

at least it's just -3 till 9 °C and sunny sunny sunny [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]...

Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 01:55 AM   #20
LRB
Guru

<< uuuuuuuhhhhhh... that's bum-freezing... -2 til 2 °C... and snowy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]...

i guess i stay here in germany... too cold in dallas [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]...

at least it's just -3 till 9 °C and sunny sunny sunny [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]...
>>

Yes, but you have to remember Novice, if you don't like the weather here in Dallas, wait 5 minutes and it will change. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2003, 02:00 AM   #21
turbo.mav

<< Well I guess of all intents and purposes I will be in that I want be doing the normal activities tomorrow that I would have been doing. >>

hahahah ok, now i get it. (easy on the pain killers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])
Old 02-25-2003, 09:38 AM   #22
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Ugh I hate business trips. Sorry for bringing the ice and snow to Austin. Should have just left it in Dallas. Oh well, I am going to try to drive back home tonight if I can. Than Austin can get back to 70. lol

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 10:15 AM   #23
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

Good morning everyone.
How about a roll call for all those with a snow/ice day today?
Let the pajama party begin!

I don't work (haha, other than taking care of the boys) so I'm home most mornings anyway. But, we will be stuck at home most, if not all, of today.

I'm wearing a t-shirt, sweats and a red Victoria's Secret robe. Enjoying a protein shake while the boys have hot chocolate. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

My yard looks like it's covered in snow, but it's really ice.

How about the rest of you?
Old 02-25-2003, 10:24 AM   #24
senorfrog

senorfrog is on a distinguished road

<<
I'm wearing a t-shirt, sweats and a red Victoria's Secret robe.
>>

You just saved me $2.95 per minute.
Old 02-25-2003, 10:51 AM   #25
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I am SO THANKFUL right now! UT's been closed for the whole day!! WHOO!!
Old 02-25-2003, 10:57 AM   #26
LRB
Guru

I only agree to participate in this if only the wemen wear the red Victoria's Secret red robes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2003, 12:10 PM   #27
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

Sorry LRB I had to get dressed and take the kids outside to see the &quot;snow.&quot; It's cold out there!
Old 02-25-2003, 01:26 PM   #28
LRB
Guru

<< Sorry LRB I had to get dressed and take the kids outside to see the &quot;snow.&quot; It's cold out there! >>

So I take it you didn't go out in you bikini. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2003, 01:29 PM   #29
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

<<

<< Sorry LRB I had to get dressed and take the kids outside to see the &quot;snow.&quot; It's cold out there! >>

So I take it you didn't go out in you bikini. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
>>

Sorry again. Jeans, sweatshirt, big coat, gloves. How about you run out in your boxes and come back and us about it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2003, 03:28 PM   #30
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

I'm at work today!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Yeah, I'm a maniac and proud of it!

i got a ride home w/a guy who lives in my neigborhood (he had a better car for the trip &amp; he lived up north for a while). it took a while to get out of town, then we took backrodes. while we waited, he told me a sweet, precious story about his dad &amp; mom (his dad died of cancer and mine will have to start chemo again). i ended up crying!! totally messes with my tough working girl image. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I couldn't believe it. If I hadn't been so taxed and stressed yesterday it would've never hapened.

my roommate and I took the train in today, then walked the rest of the way. It was pretty fun to trudge in the half inch of snow (ice). She won't have class tonight, so we're having neigbors over for a pajama party/dinner/game/movies.

well, let me go make myself useful. can't believe how quiet it is today.
Old 02-25-2003, 03:49 PM   #31
senorfrog

senorfrog is on a distinguished road

<< ...so we're having neigbors over for a pajama party.

>>

This just gets better and better, doesn't it LRB?
Old 02-25-2003, 03:57 PM   #32
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

ya'll think this is a good thing. Here in NC, my graduation was almost pushed back b/c of snow and ice. If that weather is consistent, then ya'll would get tired of it.

Trust me.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 04:07 PM   #33
LRB
Guru

<< She won't have class tonight, so we're having neigbors over for a pajama party/dinner/game/movies. >>

So a classless pajama party/dinner/game/movies huh smiles? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2003, 04:11 PM   #34
LRB
Guru

<<

<<

>>

Sorry again. Jeans, sweatshirt, big coat, gloves. How about you run out in your boxes and come back and us about it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
>>

I'll have you know I went out looking for the paper this morning in my shorts and Tshirt. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Actually the reason I joked was a girl in my hometown actually went out and posed with a snowman in her bikini once when it snowed just to get her picture in the paper. Of course this was before Jerry Springer made getting your 15 minutes of fame so easy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2003, 04:23 PM   #35
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

<<

<< She won't have class tonight, so we're having neigbors over for a pajama party/dinner/game/movies. >>

So a classless pajama party/dinner/game/movies huh smiles? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
>>

How baaaaad! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] haha! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] OMG

My robe isn't red. does it still count?
Old 02-25-2003, 07:28 PM   #36

no school again for me tomorrow!! yey!! anyone else?