Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-01-2003, 02:15 AM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs win, 100-75.

I know the previous meetings have been horrific, but I expect Dallas doesn't put up with it tonight. Not with Finley back on track, Dirk on a terror and Raef playing like we need him to.

Popeye, AJ and Rigaudeau will see lots of time in the 4th.

I'd like to see Bell (who is listed as probable) sit out this game as I'd rather have him rested for the Utah and Kings game.
Old 02-01-2003, 02:29 AM   #2
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Dallas 95
Nuggets 73

Sorry sweets no Chalupas for you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2003, 11:10 AM   #3
DIRK BRASIL

DIRK BRASIL is on a distinguished road

friendly!
easy.
MAVS 94 x 77
DIRK 18P, 9R
FIN 17P
NASH 16P[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2003, 11:55 AM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Denver...although struggling....has been giving teh Mavericks some tough games.

Mavs 99-88. No chalupas for the dallmav OR Southern_Sweets
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 12:13 PM   #5
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I'd like to see Rigadeau get playing time in the first half as well. In fact, I'd like to see him get about 20 minutes tonight. We certainly won't need Bell or Griffin's defense tonight. Denver is lucky to score 80 against a BAD defensive team. Hopefully tonight will be Rigg's breakout game.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 02:14 PM   #6
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

If the Mavs don't slow down the tempo, Denver will have an extremely tough time keeping up.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 02:24 PM   #7
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I want the Mavericks to grind it out tonight. The Mavericks need to play physical, rebound, and execute in the half court game. I'm not advocating to not take fast breaks if they are there. But I do want the Mavs to practice their halfcourt sets and plays against **this team**. This is the perfect team to do it against. Denver is inexperienced, they are aggressive, and they slow the game down. And that makes it even more important that the Mavs practice their halfcourt game against them, so when the Mavs play the Lakers, Spurs and Kings... they will be ready for the tough halfcourt defense they will face.

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 02:58 PM   #8
centrlpark08

centrlpark08 is on a distinguished road

Wasnt it those guards who gave the mavs problems earlier this season? anyways if there going to win big then i expect them to rebound the ball like in the t'wolves game.

Mavs 98
Nuggets 84
Old 02-01-2003, 03:41 PM   #9
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

<< Wasnt it those guards who gave the mavs problems earlier this season? >>

No. I checked the boxscores to be sure my memory served. It's the front court that's been hard for us to handle.

Howard has done the most damage:

21.5pts, 46%fg, 10.5rbs

Hilario and Harvey have not been offensive threats, but they've rebounded the ball well. 7.5 for Hilario and 8.5 for Harvey

The only other player that registers is Rodney White. And he only had one good game where he scored 16 and grabbed 8 rebounds.

On the other side:

Finley has played the best, Denver hasn't had an answer for him. 45% fg, 25ppg, 4rbs, 3.5as, 1.5stls, but 2.5to's

Nash, 36%fg, 15ppg, 3rbs, 4as, 2stls, 2to's

Dirk, 30%fg, 13.5ppg, 5rbs, 2stls (In defense for Dirk, this was only his 2nd game back from the ankle sprain and we had played Indiana at home the night before.)

And like Rodney White for Denver, Raef is the only other person to register and it was a good game. 16pts, 11rbs, 2blks.

As for today, Dirk's on a terror, I don't think anyone is going to stop him and if the Minnesota game is any indication, maybe Nash is back on track.
Old 02-01-2003, 04:43 PM   #10
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Best of all, southern_sweets is going to be present in the arena, then Mavs are going to be more inspirated with her presence and her sign.

One chalupa for the Austinite!

105-85.
Old 02-01-2003, 08:22 PM   #11
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

We are crisp offensively so far.
Old 02-01-2003, 08:26 PM   #12
Bayliss

laughs... we'll we were crisp the first 2 minutes... the last couple we've been awful.
Old 02-01-2003, 08:30 PM   #13
Bayliss

We've been sloppy offensively... and so much perimeter play.

Old 02-01-2003, 08:31 PM   #14
MavsFanFinley
Guru

What's with the turnovers? Sloppy passes?

Is Bell available for tonights game?
Old 02-01-2003, 08:34 PM   #15
centrlpark08

no...........
Old 02-01-2003, 08:34 PM   #16
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Who's guarding Howard, Dirk or Raef?
Old 02-01-2003, 08:35 PM   #17
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

8 people here?
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 08:37 PM   #18
Bayliss

Dirk should've dribbled once more after the spin... then he could've dunked it.

Our offense is scattered... and our defense is porous. We keep doubling down low when there is no reason... and of course we are leaving them open (yes NVE leaves everyone &quot;open) for jumpers.
Old 02-01-2003, 08:39 PM   #19
Bayliss

<< Who's guarding Howard, Dirk or Raef? >>

Howard is geting &quot;junk&quot; right now. If we play him straight up in the post, we'll be fine. But the double off of Hilario is making it easier for Howard.
Old 02-01-2003, 08:41 PM   #20
MavsFanFinley
Guru

What in the world did Finley and Dirk come out for?
Old 02-01-2003, 08:43 PM   #21
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

This doesn't look like a game vs Denver should look like...
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 08:49 PM   #22
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

But NVE is playing really well so far 4-on-4 for 11 points...
Old 02-01-2003, 08:52 PM   #23
Platinum Member

13 points in 6 minutes for Nick!
Old 02-01-2003, 08:53 PM   #24

Member will become famous soon enoughMember will become famous soon enough

What a play by nick with the ball fake that was beautiful.
Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 08:59 PM   #25
Platinum Member

Nick is making the evening a happy one for us! 13 points and 3 dishes with no TOs for him in just 9 minutes. Why don't we play his former teams more often?
Old 02-01-2003, 09:00 PM   #26
Bayliss

Our offense is clicking again. NVE has played very well so far. But the best thing to see is he is being used to subsitute for Nash, not as a sub for Finley.
Old 02-01-2003, 09:01 PM   #27
MavsFanFinley
Guru

How come Finley is sitting?
Old 02-01-2003, 09:06 PM   #28
Platinum Member

We luckily started playing basketball...
Old 02-01-2003, 09:07 PM   #29
Platinum Member

lead up to 10 52-42
Old 02-01-2003, 09:08 PM   #30
Platinum Member

MJ scores 45 as Wizards win 109-104 in NewOrleans
Old 02-01-2003, 09:09 PM   #31
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

u can't stop the mantis u can only hope to contain him.
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 09:14 PM   #32
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

(I´m afraid to post with that police around here) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2003, 09:15 PM   #33
Platinum Member

WHat the heck! Dirk is out, and they go 9-0
Old 02-01-2003, 09:16 PM   #34
centrlpark08

i'm surprised nash hasnt scored yet.
Old 02-01-2003, 09:18 PM   #35
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Nick's shooting very well, but what's happened to Nash? Is he injured, or just resting? Also, nice to see Donnell Harvey playing well. I wish we had kept on to him, as we could really use a young strong rebounding machine at power forward.
Old 02-01-2003, 09:22 PM   #36
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Nash only played 13 minutes, but no shots??

Finley, 3-7, 1-2, 2-2, 9pts, 4rbs, 1as, 1to, 1stl

Dirk, 5-8, 1-2, 1-2, 12pts, 3rbs, 3as, 1to, 1stl

Nash, 0 shots, 2as, 2to

NVE, 6-7, 2-3, 1-1, 15pts, 1rb, 3as, 2to

Raef, 2-4, 0-1, 2-2, 6pts, 2rbs, 1blk

Bradley, 3-7, 4-5, 10pts, 6rbs, 3to, 1stl

Bizarre night. Nash takes no shots, but Bradley takes 7? Is there any paticular reason we're looking to Bradley to score??
Old 02-01-2003, 09:24 PM   #37
Bayliss

MFF.... Bradley is being left on the pick and roll. And several of shots have been putbacks.

We played about 3 minutes of smallball (at the end when Dirk when out)... and 21 minutes of straight up ball.

Any surprise that we are outrebounding Denver?
Old 02-01-2003, 09:28 PM   #38
centrlpark08

i see that the only rebounder for them thats actually rebounding is howard so i'm not suprised.
Old 02-01-2003, 09:32 PM   #39
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Any word on Nash? Is he hurt or is Nelson just trying to rest him before the back-to-back games coming up, plus the all-star game??

NVE looks good on paper and he's had some nice comments here, so it looks like we're fortunate to sit Nash.
Old 02-01-2003, 09:32 PM   #40
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Donnell Harvey is an excellent rebounder, and so is Nene Hilario.