Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-20-2002, 08:16 AM   #1
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Dwyane Price was on teh Hotspot last night.

Of note:

1) Cuban said they were going to make a run at Oliwakandi and he (Cuban) liked their chances.

2) If Houston drafts Yao Ming no. 1 overall, it will be the worst draft mistake they ever made.

3) If he had the first pick, he'd take Dunleavy. I think this was partly for shock value. He was trying to make the point that this year's draft sucked.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2002, 08:18 AM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

apparently alot of people disagree with #2..but, alot of people agree..we'll see.

and i'm excited about the mavs making a run at a big man
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 08:25 AM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to hear about #1
I disagree with #2
#3 makes the point that this years draft class is weaker than normal...I agree.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 08:34 AM   #4
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

I can't figure out how to get Kandi here. I just can't. It has to be a sign and trade. And I can't figure out a real way to do it that would be practical for the Clippers.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 06-20-2002, 08:37 AM   #5
Drbio
Banned

I have worked on this for weeks. I have found no equitable way to balance it. The Clips might agree to being on the lesser end or they would have to take tons of our baggage.
Old 06-20-2002, 08:44 AM   #6
Dooby
Diamond Member

<< I have worked on this for weeks. I have found no equitable way to balance it. The Clips might agree to being on the lesser end or they would have to take tons of our baggage. >>

And isn't that it? By and large, we have (A) parts we don't want to give up; and (B) baggage.

Clippers won't take Nick.

At least no one has suggested a sign and trade of Raef yet. Like Raef would agree to that.

Old 06-20-2002, 09:33 AM   #7
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

1. He likes their chances? Is he being confident or does he actually have a plan?

2. I don't think it will be the worst mistake ever, but certainly a gamble.

As for 'the how' to get Kandiman here?? Is a 3-way possible?
Old 06-20-2002, 09:37 AM   #8
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I like number 1. Get him here, if possible.. I disagree with number 2... Yao may not be great, but I think he'll be better than people expect.... And I disgree with number 3.. this draft class is rich in young forwards... if you need a power forward, you definitely want to have a top 5 pick this year.

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 09:59 AM   #9
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Cuban's optimism isn't much information. The guy is optimistic about everything. Don't get me wrong, I like optimism. I just don't think it provides any information about our chances.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 12:38 PM   #10
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< Dwyane Price was on teh Hotspot last night.

Of note:

1) Cuban said they were going to make a run at Oliwakandi and he (Cuban) liked their chances.

2) If Houston drafts Yao Ming no. 1 overall, it will be the worst draft mistake they ever made.

3) If he had the first pick, he'd take Dunleavy. I think this was partly for shock value. He was trying to make the point that this year's draft sucked.
>>

I agree with number 2 here. Even Houstons franchise player Steve is begging the Rockets not to get Yao Ming. Media people are saying that teh reason why Rockets are going to China and acting like they are going to pursue Ming is to get his stock up and trade down in the draft which makes sense. I have only seen the tape of him trying otu or whatever ti is he is doing and it looks horrible he looks just like a chinese Shawn Bradely with more muscle. Anyone remember Keith Closs who played for Clippers back in 97? This guy is more than likely gonna be a duplicate.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 12:49 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

of what you saw, what did he do that made you think of shawn bradley?

Old 06-20-2002, 12:59 PM   #12
Dooby
Diamond Member

<< I agree with number 2 here. Even Houstons franchise player Steve is begging the Rockets not to get Yao Ming. Media people are saying that teh reason why Rockets are going to China and acting like they are going to pursue Ming is to get his stock up and trade down in the draft which makes sense. >>

This is probably not going to happen. It is most likely the wishful thinking of the apprehensive Rockets fan unless you show a quote from an actual source. What media people?

The truth is that Houston is locked in. If they trade the pick, the receiving team will have to start over. China will take advantage of the trade to be a pain in the ass. China will have more leverage over a team that trades for the first pick than Houston, which got it as a gift.

And don't suggest that Houston already has a trade deal for Yao Ming and is doing this crap for the benefit of that team. If that were true, it would have leaked by now.

<< I have only seen the tape of him trying otu or whatever ti is he is doing and it looks horrible he looks just like a chinese Shawn Bradely with more muscle. Anyone remember Keith Closs who played for Clippers back in 97? This guy is more than likely gonna be a duplicate. >>

I tend to expect the same thing. but am willing to concede that he could develop into a great player. I just doubt it.

Old 06-20-2002, 01:00 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Dooby - I think the Mavs may have a sign and trade deal in place involving Wang. Since Wang is not going to play for the Mavs, it seems like the team is allowing him to play on another squad (I hear Wang is playing in the summer league...just not for us). This screams audition. Maybe NVE and a sign and trade involving Wang grabs Olawakandi plus? Someone else? Who knows....it's just too odd for coincidence.
Old 06-20-2002, 01:05 PM   #14
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

I suggested a possible sign-and-trade involving Wang and Kandi as soon as the defection talk broke out and was laughed at for even suggesting it could be done.
Old 06-20-2002, 01:06 PM   #15
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<<

<< I agree with number 2 here. Even Houstons franchise player Steve is begging the Rockets not to get Yao Ming. Media people are saying that teh reason why Rockets are going to China and acting like they are going to pursue Ming is to get his stock up and trade down in the draft which makes sense. >>

This is probably not going to happen. It is most likely the wishful thinking of the apprehensive Rockets fan unless you show a quote from an actual source. What media people?

The truth is that Houston is locked in. If they trade the pick, the receiving team will have to start over. China will take advantage of the trade to be a pain in the ass. China will have more leverage over a team that trades for the first pick than Houston, which got it as a gift.

And don't suggest that Houston already has a trade deal for Yao Ming and is doing this crap for the benefit of that team. If that were true, it would have leaked by now.

<< I have only seen the tape of him trying otu or whatever ti is he is doing and it looks horrible he looks just like a chinese Shawn Bradely with more muscle. Anyone remember Keith Closs who played for Clippers back in 97? This guy is more than likely gonna be a duplicate. >>

I tend to expect the same thing. but am willing to concede that he could develop into a great player. I just doubt it.
>>

Maybe ur right I was listening to some black guy that is from the Houston radio and he was saying when ur franchise player is begging u not to take a guy then thats a problem. And also a reason why he said that its a dumb to get Ming is that because Ming could leave the US at any time he isnt guaranteed to stay here. But for the Mavs its a bit different because Wang was brought here late in the draft. But to spend ur number 1 pick on an unproven talent who might not even be here to see if he turns out to be a Shawn Bradely is a big move and I disagreed with it but hey im not a huge houston fan just a fan of Mobley and Franchise so I could care less.

1996-2005
Old 06-20-2002, 01:12 PM   #16
Nellie
Golden Member

Having the #1 pick can't be a blessing this year. I guess as Mavs fans we should be happy about that fact.
Old 06-20-2002, 01:13 PM   #17
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

<< I suggested a possible sign-and-trade involving Wang and Kandi as soon as the defection talk broke out and was laughed at for even suggesting it could be done. >>

Mainly because there is no clear value to the Clippers in such a move. There still isn't which is why talk of going after Olowakandi still doesn't make much sense.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 01:19 PM   #18
Nellie
Golden Member

<< Since Wang is not going to play for the Mavs, it seems like the team is allowing him to play on another squad (I hear Wang is playing in the summer league...just not for us) >>

What do you mean &quot;allow&quot; him to play? He is a free agent.
Old 06-20-2002, 01:42 PM   #19
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

stevie franchise is an idiot. he was the guy who wanted to phase out barkley and the dream as a rookie. the guy has all the talent in the world, but has still yet to lead his team to anything other than the lottery. hes a selfish ball hog who wants to run small ball until he dies from hearing ping pong balls during the lottery every off season. history has proven unless you are michael jordan, you cannot win without a skilled big man.

houston isnt going to bypass their most glaring need. a big man. houston isnt going to make a ridiculous trade and give away a 7'5&quot; guy. i really think the bradley comparisons are unfair. initially b/c bradley is the world's laziest ass, and secondly, the only reason they are even compared is they both have skinny upper bodies.

ming has tree trunks for legs and bradley has twigs. if i had to pick the lesser of two evils in trying to have a center with an under developed lower body v. under developed upper, i would always pick upper just b/c its harder to push people around if they aren't going to budge.

bradley is a clumsy putz. how many times have we seen him fall down?? getting posterized by earl boykins? getting schooled by every bench warmer who wants to make Sportscenter. none of the footage ive seen of ming would indicate he's a putz at all.

ming is representing 1 billion people. he has extreme pressure, but with that pressure comes motivation to prove that he can live up to expectations. bradley represents the state of utah.

i expect him to be a nice player. i didn't say all-star or dominant, just a nice player who can give you 15 pts, 10 boards, and 2-3 blocks a game. he will surprise a lot of people.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 02:12 PM   #20
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< 15 pts, 10 boards, and 2-3 blocks a game. he will surprise a lot of people. >>

That tape shows u that he can put up those kind of numbers? Maybe we saw different tapes but all that tape showed me was that he has a 15-20 foot jumper he can sink. It shows me that he has no foot work ability but being how week the draft is yea he can go for the number 1 spot. But the smarter thing for the Rockets to do is trade down which alot of people are suggesting. After what I see from Wang who from what I hear is a better player than Ming is that its gonna take him 4 years to be on the level of a a mediocre player or he could just never be a good player who knows but if Mavs even thought about trading up to get him I would lose all respect for them.

1996-2005
Old 06-20-2002, 02:24 PM   #21
Dooby
Diamond Member

<< I suggested a possible sign-and-trade involving Wang and Kandi as soon as the defection talk broke out and was laughed at for even suggesting it could be done. >>

I did not laugh at you. But it cannot happen. I will tell you why in three words or less: &quot;Base Year Compensation.&quot;

Old 06-20-2002, 04:36 PM   #22
Drbio
Banned

That was just an example...if you also read my other posts you will see I said that there is no reasonable way we can send Wang to LA. It was the idea not the example I was trying to point out.
Old 06-20-2002, 05:41 PM   #23
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

<< That tape shows u that he can put up those kind of numbers? Maybe we saw different tapes but all that tape showed me was that he has a 15-20 foot jumper he can sink. It shows me that he has no foot work ability but being how week the draft is yea he can go for the number 1 spot. But the smarter thing for the Rockets to do is trade down which alot of people are suggesting. After what I see from Wang who from what I hear is a better player than Ming is that its gonna take him 4 years to be on the level of a a mediocre player or he could just never be a good player who knows but if Mavs even thought about trading up to get him I would lose all respect for them. >>

what does trading down accomplish for the rockets? they have 2 draft picks in a pretty strong draft class. the #1 and 15. their needs are C and SF. they pick ming at 1, and are still able to get a nice SF at 15 in a draft loaded with SF's and PG's. what could they possibly trade him for? fortson and the #3? so you get an overrated one dimensional rebounder with no D and no offensive game, and bypass a skilled big man? anything else you trade for the #1 isnt going to bring you back a solid return.

about the tape...i'm not sure where you were able to tell he has no footwork ability, but the scouting reports on him, indicate his footwork is great. and the latest reports are saying that China has guaranteed that they will not pull Ming out during the NBA season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nbadraft/story?id=1396965
Old 06-20-2002, 05:51 PM   #24
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Mike Dunleavy Jr. - 2003 Rookie of the Year.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 05:51 PM   #25
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<<

<< That tape shows u that he can put up those kind of numbers? Maybe we saw different tapes but all that tape showed me was that he has a 15-20 foot jumper he can sink. It shows me that he has no foot work ability but being how week the draft is yea he can go for the number 1 spot. But the smarter thing for the Rockets to do is trade down which alot of people are suggesting. After what I see from Wang who from what I hear is a better player than Ming is that its gonna take him 4 years to be on the level of a a mediocre player or he could just never be a good player who knows but if Mavs even thought about trading up to get him I would lose all respect for them. >>

what does trading down accomplish for the rockets? they have 2 draft picks in a pretty strong draft class. the #1 and 15. their needs are C and SF. they pick ming at 1, and are still able to get a nice SF at 15 in a draft loaded with SF's and PG's. what could they possibly trade him for? fortson and the #3? so you get an overrated one dimensional rebounder with no D and no offensive game, and bypass a skilled big man? anything else you trade for the #1 isnt going to bring you back a solid return.

about the tape...i'm not sure where you were able to tell he has no footwork ability, but the scouting reports on him, indicate his footwork is great. and the latest reports are saying that China has guaranteed that they will not pull Ming out during the NBA season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nbadraft/story?id=1396965
>>

I dont know about Fortson but from waht someone else posted on the board someone said Knicks GM offered CAmby and Sprewell for a non walking Glen Rice and there number 1 pick. They fix there needs at small foward and center at teh same time ands till have there number 15th pick. And in my opinion this draft class is far from strong. When u have to chose Yao Ming an uproven talent and gamble as the number 1 pick then this cant be a strong draft class.

1996-2005
Old 06-20-2002, 05:53 PM   #26
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< Mike Dunleavy Jr. - 2003 Rookie of the Year. >>

This also proves how strong this draft class is.

1996-2005
Old 06-20-2002, 06:12 PM   #27
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

<< Dooby - I think the Mavs may have a sign and trade deal in place involving Wang. Since Wang is not going to play for the Mavs, it seems like the team is allowing him to play on another squad (I hear Wang is playing in the summer league...just not for us). This screams audition. Maybe NVE and a sign and trade involving Wang grabs Olawakandi plus? Someone else? Who knows....it's just too odd for coincidence. >>

The highest contract in Clipper history is Olowokandi and his $4.6 million.

NVE makes $11 million.

Once we figure out why Sterling wants to break his pattern and pay a 6 foot, 30 year guard, with an attitude, twice as much as he has ever paid a player in his life, rather than his own 7 foot center, I will believe a deal of NVE to the Clippers is possible.

The Clippers already own the rights to a Euro PG prospect that is rumored to make McGinnis expendable. What do they want NVE for?
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 06:16 PM   #28
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

proves what?

dunleavy is a skilled player. camby is injury prone and no better than rice. sprewell is old. so in essence you want me to trade sprewell for the #1 pick. and you wonder why the rockets arent jumping all over this deal?!?!

qyntel woods is slipping and dropping. there is a chance he'll be there at 15 for the rockets. why on earth would the rockets trade ming and qyntel woods for sprewell and camby? beyond that, its been well documented camby cant play center b/c he isnt durable enough. he'll miss more games than he plays.

i'm trying hard not to play the race card here, but have u seen dunleavy play? i have a feeling you're hating just because hes a skinny white kid from duke. i've heard that drew gooden is going to be rookie of the year too, does that mean its a weak draft? whats your point about him being rookie of the year and the strength of the draft class? if dajuan wagner could possibly slip to pick 10 like most mock drafts are predicting, i'd say its a pretty damn deep draft. the kid can play. granted i havent seen a ton of footage on ming, but i'll trust what the scouts have to say more than somebody on a message board.
Old 06-20-2002, 06:17 PM   #29
David
Golden Member

lol
Old 06-20-2002, 06:34 PM   #30
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< proves what?

dunleavy is a skilled player. camby is injury prone and no better than rice. sprewell is old. so in essence you want me to trade sprewell for the #1 pick. and you wonder why the rockets arent jumping all over this deal?!?!

qyntel woods is slipping and dropping. there is a chance he'll be there at 15 for the rockets. why on earth would the rockets trade ming and qyntel woods for sprewell and camby? beyond that, its been well documented camby cant play center b/c he isnt durable enough. he'll miss more games than he plays.

i'm trying hard not to play the race card here, but have u seen dunleavy play? i have a feeling you're hating just because hes a skinny white kid from duke. i've heard that drew gooden is going to be rookie of the year too, does that mean its a weak draft? whats your point about him being rookie of the year and the strength of the draft class? if dajuan wagner could possibly slip to pick 10 like most mock drafts are predicting, i'd say its a pretty damn deep draft. the kid can play. granted i havent seen a ton of footage on ming, but i'll trust what the scouts have to say more than somebody on a message board.
>>

There is always soemone on a mav board thinking negative and always wanting to bring in race when they dont have anything else to bring up. And you basically said it ur self that if Wagner could be a 15# pick and could also be a rookie of the year candidate. It shows that anybody in the top 10 picks can be rookie of the year because this draft has no superstars just role players with the exception of some players. When I said it proves how weak the draft was it wasnt for because Dunleavy is white it was becasue Dunleavy will never be more of an impact player as Allen Iverson or Gausol or other rookie of the year winners. If Dunleavy would have came out last season he wouldnt have even been a top 10 pick. And why in the hell do u keep bringing up trades ive supposendly brought up? U bring up why would Rockets trade for Fortson who is well whatever the hell u called him and I never said a word about Fortson. Now u bring up WHY would Rockets trade there 2 picks for for Camby and Sprewell. I never said a damn thing about the 2 picks I said Rice and number 1 pick. And if im correct Sprewell is 30 years old and still has game left in him and its sure as hell is an upgrade over Rice.

1996-2005
Old 06-20-2002, 06:46 PM   #31
Murphy3
Guru

<< It shows that anybody in the top 10 picks can be rookie of the year because this draft has no superstars just role players with the exception of some players >>

it's kinda funny that you say that there's no superstars in this draft considering pretty much all of us haven't seen some of the top picks play. How about letting this group play in the NBA before we start throwing out bold claims such as this. Does anyone remember how negatively dirk was looked upon after the mavs drafted him?

and david, very funny..and I agree with you
Old 06-20-2002, 07:03 PM   #32
PeterVecseyisdumb

PeterVecseyisdumb is an unknown quantity at this point

<< I dont know about Fortson but from waht someone else posted on the board someone said Knicks GM offered CAmby and Sprewell for a non walking Glen Rice and there number 1 pick. They fix there needs at small foward and center at teh same time ands till have there number 15th pick. And in my opinion this draft class is far from strong. When u have to chose Yao Ming an uproven talent and gamble as the number 1 pick then this cant be a strong draft class. >>

I disagree. I think this is a solid nba draft. Just because some of the players aren't ready to contribute in the nba, right now, doesn't mean this is a weak draft. There are a lot of tall and talented players in this draft. Some of the players aren't ready to contribute in the nba, right now. However, a lot of teams are looking at the upside of some of the players. The nba draft isn't the same as it used to be. Many players are getting drafted at a younger age, than they used to. A lot of the high school players who go in the lottery, probably would have been stars in the ncaa. The high school players drafted in the lottery aren't really that much of a risk. Can anyone tell me any high school basketball player, selected in the lottery in the last ten years, that has been a bust? I can't think of any.
PeterVecseyisdumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 07:22 PM   #33
David
Golden Member

Every year the players coming out in the draft are GREAT to some people and to other people, it's the worst draft in years. It's hard to tell until 2-3 years down the road. Sometimes longer.
Old 06-20-2002, 07:22 PM   #34
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<<

<< It shows that anybody in the top 10 picks can be rookie of the year because this draft has no superstars just role players with the exception of some players >>

it's kinda funny that you say that there's no superstars in this draft considering pretty much all of us haven't seen some of the top picks play. How about letting this group play in the NBA before we start throwing out bold claims such as this. Does anyone remember how negatively dirk was looked upon after the mavs drafted him?

and david, very funny..and I agree with you
>>

Well im making a bold prediction I am intitled to that right Murph? Well u are being that u have abtou 4 threads full of them. What I said was is that there are some superstars in this draft with the exception of some players read tha post again. Anyway PeterVesceyisDumb, yea I admit I was a bit wrong to say that this is a weak class but ill just say ive seen stronger draft classes but who knows maybe these players will dominate the NBA u never know who ever knew that Ron Mercer Chauncey Billups and Antonio Daniels would be the type of players they are now I thought more of them.

1996-2005
Old 06-20-2002, 07:32 PM   #35
Murphy3
Guru

that's fine..but throw in an I think...or I predict every once in awhile...especially when issuing a statement that is that bold
Old 06-20-2002, 08:01 PM   #36
Drbio
Banned

Can anyone tell me any high school basketball player, selected in the lottery in the last ten years, that has been a bust? I can't think of any.

Leon Smith.
Old 06-20-2002, 08:01 PM   #37
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< that's fine..but throw in an I think...or I predict every once in awhile...especially when issuing a statement that is that bold >>

If u got offended and I dont know why because no one else is complaining but if u got offended then im sorry. Lol im sayign sorry to someone on a messaged board lol.

1996-2005
Old 06-20-2002, 08:05 PM   #38
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

There are alot of High Schoolers that come straight to the NBA and not succeed its just they are never mentioned because they dont do anything in the draft tho probaly the High Schoolers that are takin in the top 15 u can make a case for being successfull every time. Well Kemp was 17th but u get my drift.

1996-2005
Old 06-20-2002, 08:12 PM   #39
David
Golden Member

<< Can anyone tell me any high school basketball player, selected in the lottery in the last ten years, that has been a bust? I can't think of any.

Leon Smith.
>>

Leon Smith was taken with the 29th pick, not the lottery.
Old 06-20-2002, 08:14 PM   #40
Drbio
Banned

Leon Smith sucks anyway.