Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-07-2003, 12:23 PM   #1
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all
Default Resilient dog survives euthanasia

Resilient dog survives euthanasia
08/07/2003

Associated Press

ST. LOUIS - Cast into a city gas chamber to be euthanized with other unwanted or unclaimed dogs, it appeared the roughly year-old Basenji mix had simply run out of luck -- and time.

But this canine had other ideas.

When the death chamber's door swung open Monday, the dog now dubbed Quentin -- for California's forbidding San Quentin State Prison -- stood very much alive, his tail and tongue wagging.

Animal-control supervisor Rosemary Ficken had never seen such a survivor, and she didn't have the nerve to slam the door shut again.

This 30-pound animal, she believed, beat the odds and should live on.

"She told me, 'Please, take him. I don't have the heart to put him back in there and re-gas him,"' said Randy Grim, founder and head of Stray Rescue of St. Louis, the charitable shelter that took in the dog before taking the animal's story public.

Quentin's ordeal was played and replayed Wednesday on local TV stations, drawing people looking to adopt him.

"To me, it's a miracle or divine intervention," Grim said. "I can't help but think he's here to serve a higher purpose. This case blew me away. This is amazing."

On Wednesday, Quentin was a little malnourished but "in very good condition," Grim said. He was being checked for heartworm and other maladies by a veterinarian.

"You can tell he's really digging it," Grim said. "He has a bed, love, food and water."

DallasNews.com
Old 08-07-2003, 12:27 PM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Resilient dog survives euthanasia

Great story Caliente. Although I hate being reminded about the practices that go on to "get rid" of animal overpopulation.

But this is good to hear that this dog survived.

Feel good story of the day.
Old 08-07-2003, 12:38 PM   #3
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Quote:
"You can tell he's really digging it," Grim said. "He has a bed, love, food and water."
Really nice.

Thanks, Caliente.
Old 08-08-2003, 04:30 PM   #4
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

GREAT story.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 05:16 PM   #5
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

two great dog stories today. This one and the one about the hurt dog walking miles to the vet by himself.
Old 09-15-2003, 03:06 PM   #6
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

The only thing worse than euthanasia is the @#*&%!! that drives down LBJ/635 on Saturday or Sunday morning/night with his dog riding in the back of his pickup. I see more dead dogs on the way to work on Monday than I do any other day of the week.

And it just breaks my heart.....
[img]i/expressions/brokenheart.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2003, 04:36 PM   #7
Caliente
Diamond Member

Can I get a witness here....?
Old 09-16-2003, 09:34 AM   #8
Caliente
Diamond Member

Will the @#$%A& in my neighborhood please get his darn dog off my yard?
Or I will return the favor.