Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 10-19-2003, 12:44 AM   #1
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve
Default Nick Van Exel

I seen Nick downtown tonight, anyone know what he is in town for? I thought he was with the G.S. Warriors? I know, some people may not care but I was just wondering if anyone knew what he was doing in Dallas tonight.
Old 10-19-2003, 12:46 AM   #2
BASKETBALL 101

BASKETBALL 101 is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Nick Van Exel

He is here to get a second opion on his knee, AND TO SEE ME!
Was he w/anyone>[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2003, 01:26 AM   #3
QCarFan
Golden Member

Default RE: Nick Van Exel

Yes, he was with plenty of people(about 10 or so) on his way to a little get together someone was having. He walked pretty damn fine to me, afterall he walked from the hotel(same as Sizers) to the little event he(and everyone else) was going to.
Old 10-19-2003, 01:46 AM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't realize you were a doorman Qtardfan. Interesting.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 02:21 AM   #5
QCarFan
Golden Member

doorman? Haha, I think not my good man that's almost as funny as well, nevermind. What gives you that impression Drbio? And I honestly take that as an insult(no disespect to any doormen) but I am no doorman and would appreciate it if you not insuate such again. Thanks.
Old 10-19-2003, 03:09 AM   #6
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Came across this in Dime:

New York fans hoping to see Nick Van Exel on the Knicks in the immediate future had a wrench thrown in their plans when he told reporters yesterday that he may need surgery on his ankle for a loose bone chip. "I'm not concerned because I don't think it's season-ending or anything like that," said Nick. "I don't think it will be any more than three weeks. I'm just guessing, three or four weeks. But you never know how things are." Kind of a side note: Nick’s going back to see the Maverick’s team physician instead of getting himself checked out by Golden State’s doctors.

Interesting.
Old 10-19-2003, 10:25 AM   #7
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: ames7
Came across this in Dime:

New York fans hoping to see Nick Van Exel on the Knicks in the immediate future had a wrench thrown in their plans when he told reporters yesterday that he may need surgery on his ankle for a loose bone chip. "I'm not concerned because I don't think it's season-ending or anything like that," said Nick. "I don't think it will be any more than three weeks. I'm just guessing, three or four weeks. But you never know how things are." Kind of a side note: Nick’s going back to see the Maverick’s team physician instead of getting himself checked out by Golden State’s doctors.

Interesting.
I guess for an injury of that nature he feels better about using a physician he has more of a history with. It's cool he's in town this weekend. I hadn't heard.
Old 10-19-2003, 10:42 AM   #8
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

These Van Exel threads in the Mavs forum must stop.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 10:46 AM   #9
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

So does Nick have something wrong with his knee as well as his ankle or is it just his ankle?
Old 10-19-2003, 11:00 AM   #10
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone else think that NVE threads should be limited to the "Around the NBA" section? He is not a Maverick anymore, Let it go! Unless the Warriors are playing the Mavs, Nick's health, attitude, trade speculation, favorite movie, taste in women, etc is not "on topic" with this forum!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 01:58 PM   #11
QCarFan
Golden Member

sorry guys, my mistake! not a big deal, i think the mods can do their jobs without help but oh well, im sure they appreciate the heads up
Old 10-19-2003, 08:16 PM   #12
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Does anyone else think that NVE threads should be limited to the "Around the NBA" section? He is not a Maverick anymore, Let it go! Unless the Warriors are playing the Mavs, Nick's health, attitude, trade speculation, favorite movie, taste in women, etc is not "on topic" with this forum!
Word. You'd think a doorman would understand that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2003, 08:51 PM   #13
QCarFan
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Word. You'd think a doorman would understand that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Word. We all can't be the good Doctor and post 20, 500+ posts on a message board in less than a year and a half. Got to be something, just to show the outside world we have a life outside of Dallas-Mavs.com huh? Haha, doorman? Gimme a freakin break.........
Old 10-19-2003, 10:03 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

You are right Qtardfan. You are too ignorant to be a doorman. My mistake. BTW, when are you going to get over your fetish for post counts? It appears that you are the only one to which post counts matter. You are very fixated on that. Pathetic I might add.
Old 10-19-2003, 10:31 PM   #15
QCarFan
Golden Member

I have seen you make a pretty big deal out of not only your post totals, but quite a few others as well Drbio. I have even seen you start threads about it, so please let't not go there. Can we get back on topic please, thanks!
Old 10-19-2003, 10:35 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: QCarFan
I have seen you make a pretty big deal out of not only your post totals, but quite a few others as well Drbio. I have even seen you start threads about it, so please let't not go there. Can we get back on topic please, thanks!
The only person here that post counts matter to are apparently you Qtardfan. I see noone else speaking of them (other than the congrats threads). Your feeble pathetic attempt at using them as insults is laughable. It is only you. I could care less about counts. I wouldn't care if all of my counts were zeroed out. It is not important to me. It obviously is to you though.
Old 10-19-2003, 10:37 PM   #17
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys......

Can you argue via PM's?

It all looks rather childish, to be honest.