Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-18-2003, 10:25 AM   #1
sage
Banned

sage is on a distinguished road
Default Fortson's REBOUND OVER\UNDER FOR THE SIXERS GAME

the official line for Fort's rebound total in tonight's Sixers game is eight...last game I gave 9 and got burned with 5 boards dew in large part to four quick fouls that caused him only to play 12 minutes. (but hey, 5 boards in 12 freakin minutes is a great game in the making)
Seeing as how Nellie usually takes the last couple preseason games of the year a little more seriously, I believe he'll give Fort more minutes and we will see what the Mavs rotation may actually look like this season(if Dirk can go)....so the line is 8 boards: over or under?
sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2003, 11:01 AM   #2
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Fortson's REBOUND OVER\UNDER FOR THE SIXERS GAME

whoa!!!this post was actually made by sike...my friend had logged on my computer using his name and I was unaware...please forgive!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 11:51 AM   #3
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Dirk41= konsesjonen is on a distinguished road

If Dirk play's, 8.
If Dirk doesn't, 10.
Dirk41= konsesjonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 12:14 PM   #4
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Fortson's REBOUND OVER\UNDER FOR THE SIXERS GAME

I'll take the over again. I have to think he'll get more then 11 minutes and he's been rebounding at an incredable rate over the past two games.
Old 10-18-2003, 12:44 PM   #5
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Put me down for over, and I'm betting on double figures.
Old 10-18-2003, 02:13 PM   #6
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

I´m in for over tnight.
Old 10-18-2003, 02:18 PM   #7
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough

He got Nellie's word, didn't play well, so Nellie will play more, 11 rebounds.
Old 10-18-2003, 02:42 PM   #8
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

once again, put me down for over. I'll go 10.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 11:26 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like someone has a double account.

I'll go under..... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 12:00 AM   #10
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

under. Oh wait I already followed the game.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 08:11 AM   #11
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

5 bounds in sixteen minutes and six fouls!!!??? Wow, Danny cannot stay in the game long enough to make anyone's predictions correct this week! Is this just his way of proving to Nellie that he really is that far out of game condition? I could not listen to this game, was he reaching and grabbing or getting ticky tack stuff or was he just knocking people to the floor(my favorate by far)? It is simple logistics, if he can stay in the game he will grab the boards...but when will he prove that he can stay in??? His rebounds per minute are great (previous game: 5 in 12 and last night:5 in 16), One day soon Nellie will get this corrected and the Mavericks will have a monster on their hands... Oh well this week: Dirk41=, Dirno2000, Grndmstr_c, Sellenjaeger, Onelong, Psy Fuzz, all were losers...keep on playing, pretty soon all these "over" guesses will turn out on the winning side...or will they?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-19-2003, 10:17 AM   #12
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I think you are setting that over too high. I don't believe Fortson is going to average more than about 6 rebounds per game this season. It is just a function of minutes. Sure he willl have the occasional 10-12 night, but if he is playing 13-15 minutes a night it is tough to do much better.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 10:26 AM   #13
sike
The Preacha

grbh, the lack of minutes is not because of Nellie only giving him 12-15 a game, it is because Fort is hacking everything in sight and adding up those fouls...of which you are only allowed six...if he stays out of foul trouble, he will get between 20-30 min a game I bet!...then your six rebounds becomes 9-11 a game! He just needs to stay out of trouble!...let's see how Nellie addresses this problem...

Old 10-19-2003, 11:02 AM   #14
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

Fortson will probably only get about 15 a game in the regular season unless he gets time behind Dirk at pf. That said, I thought Nellie would have given Fortson a lot more minutes in the preseason to get him in better shape and get his confidence up. I thought he'd come away with 9 or 10 after playing big minutes. In the regular season, I'm only guessing 7 or so, and that's only if he stops with the fouls.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 05:23 PM   #15
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

If there is extra time behind Dirk and there isnt a monsterous PF scoring thousands of points and fouling out all backup PFs then Poppin Fresh should be playing backup to Dirk. All last year he bitched about not being a center, and when he played well it was as a PF. His shot blocking is stronger on the weak side anyways. OR we have such a nice 1,2,3 position we could squeeze up by having Jamison play PF. There is no excuse to have Fortson, a lane clogger at PF. Thats as bad as putting Bradley at PF.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 07:10 AM   #16
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I don't understand the facination with this tub of lard. He's not a center. He's not a basketball player. He's a goon. Six fouls in 15 minutes? That's criminal. There is no way that this disgrace ofshould be getting playing time at all, much less starting. What are the Mavs thinking?
madape is offline   Reply With Quote