Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-23-2003, 02:32 PM   #1
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default McDonald's settles weight discrimination lawsuit from job applicant

McDonald's settles weight discrimination lawsuit from job applicant

RIDGEPORT, Connecticut (AP) -- McDonald's has settled a lawsuit filed by a 420-pound man who claimed he was denied a job because of his weight.

Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

Joseph Connor claimed in his lawsuit that the fast-food chain violated the Americans with Disabilities Act and state employment law. He demanded $300,000 for financial loss and severe emotional trauma, along with a job at McDonald's.

Connor's attorney, Gary Phelan, said Connor does not have a job with the chain, but beyond that he would not discuss the settlement.

"This matter has been resolved amicably, and without further litigation," Phelan said.

McDonald's issued a similar statement.

Connor had been offered a $6.75 an hour job as cook after attending a job fair in 2000, according to court documents.

However, over ensuing weeks, Connor claimed that after arrangements were made for him to get a uniform, he never got a call from management again.

Old 10-23-2003, 02:52 PM   #2
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:McDonald's settles weight discrimination lawsuit from job applicant

Was the settlement less than the projected loss related to the employee free lunch program?
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 04:03 PM   #3
DNNF
Golden Member

DNNF will become famous soon enoughDNNF will become famous soon enough

only in america. Sue happy country.
DNNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 04:04 PM   #4
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: McDonald's settles weight discrimination lawsuit from job applicant

So far we have one cow against it, and the other cow asking questions.

This could get confusing!
Old 10-23-2003, 04:07 PM   #5
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

I wanna sue dallas-mavs.com for letting me waste my own time by posting.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 04:08 PM   #6
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo

Not to worry because no actual cow parts are used in any of McDonald's prodcuts. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2003, 04:10 PM   #7
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo

Not to worry because no actual cow parts are used in any of McDonald's prodcuts. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
So what's your beef with that?

Thank you, thank you..... I'll be here all week.
Old 10-23-2003, 04:29 PM   #8
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Dollars to donuts says that the settlement involved a lifetime supply of fried something.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 04:56 PM   #9
DNNF
Golden Member

DNNF will become famous soon enoughDNNF will become famous soon enough

How many times has Mc Donald been sued? I remember they got sued for Hot coffee...
DNNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 05:02 PM   #10
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

They are herded into all kinds of litigation.

Always go with the first cow.
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 05:02 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I don't want someone that weighs 420 pounds serving me my double quarter pounder with cheese.

Damn, I don't want to see what it'll do to me. I just want to eat the cheese drenched burger and the grease filled fries. No reason to give me a before and after picture.

Of course, that's Super-Sized with a Dr. Pepper to go.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote