Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-06-2001, 01:44 AM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

is there any doubt anymore who's team this is?
there honestly can't be. he's the leading scorer. He's the go to guy. He's also come up with 3 huge blocks in the closing seconds of the last two games.

Dirk, Welcome...here's the dallas mavericks.. They are your team to lead
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2001, 02:00 AM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

dirk's stats the last 7 games
Pts
Rebounds
FG%
Blocks
Turnovers
Old 12-06-2001, 02:12 AM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Minus the game where dirk was injured very early in the first (toronto)
dirk is averaging 25.76 points per game along with 9.35 rebounds.

Getting votes for most improved player of the year again?
he might be one of the early season favorites
Old 12-06-2001, 11:56 AM   #4
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Yes, this IS Dirk's team IMO. I've said that ever since the playoffs last year.

Btw Murph, slow down with all the Dirk threads would ya? I love him just as much as you do but we don't need so many "Dirk" threads. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 03:40 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

haha..sorry about that...
last night was such an up and down game...emotionally wise.
I was ecstatic at the game that dirk put together and how brilliantly he played but deflated when the mavs lost the game...
i had to get all of the emotions out.

i wish the ball wouldn't have been knocked off his knee..that would have been an interesting last possession.

yeah, i know hardaway was spotting up for three..but, don't you think dirk would have manuevered for a good shot?...or would the lakers have quickly doubled to force the ball out of his hands..
it was interesting to see them doubling dirk at times when he first received the ball. i guess we can see where the respect is
Old 12-06-2001, 09:28 PM   #6
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk is the best player on the team and I admire his game. I'm really happy that Nellie saw the wisdom of Donnie's plan and started hammering the ball to Dirk on a regular basis.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 09:35 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

now, what the mavs must do is get Dirk his 20-22 shots a game and get enough shots to finley...say 17-18 a game...
and have nash get his shots...nash really needs 12-15 shots when he's hot with a 10-12 average.

these are just estimates....

Fin, gonna have to have you consistently crash the boards..as a two guard on the team, the mavs need quality rebound numbers from you consistently.
this will also creat more scoring opportunities...

as a whole, the mavs need to make a concerted effort to get the ball to the hot hand