Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 02-01-2004, 11:03 PM   #1
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light
Default Tax Time

Which online Tax return software do you use? I tried Turbo Tax and Tax Act . I liked both but I choose Tax Act it is only 9.99 and that includes e-file.
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2004, 09:48 AM   #2
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Tax Time

Yeah, I go with Turbo Tax. Last year me and my wife went to H&R Block to do our taxes and was very dissapointed. It's really sad went you know more about tax laws than a CPA, if she was even that. So instead of paying them $50 I put into the Turbo Deluxe and was very pleased with the purchase.
It's also very easy for people who are not tax savy. This software is all you need.
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 11:24 AM   #3
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Tax Time

i was thinking about getting some software. i may next year after i'm married. but this year i'll stick with my tried-and-true pencil and paper method. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

with the tax software.... do you have to buy new software each year? or just once and update it?
Old 02-02-2004, 01:03 PM   #4
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Good question there, BBL.
Old 02-02-2004, 01:35 PM   #5
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

You have to purchase it each year.
Old 02-02-2004, 02:20 PM   #6
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i just don't want to giv up any of my tax return.... even $9.99
Old 02-02-2004, 02:31 PM   #7
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

If you do your taxes on line you just have to pay for the e-file part. The website even remembers your information for next year. I have done my taxes online for the past 2 years, no problems and got my refund back in 2 weeks. This year I did my Taxes while watching the superbowl, thats how easy it is do it on-line.

Tax Act

If you are very concerned about security then you have to download the software from the website to your desktop.

FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 05:49 PM   #8
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
i was thinking about getting some software. i may next year after i'm married. but this year i'll stick with my tried-and-true pencil and paper method. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

with the tax software.... do you have to buy new software each year? or just once and update it?
I don't think you have to purchase every year like U2 said. It has an "update tax laws" option in the software that I bought that logs on and updates automatically. Now there may be some "bells and whistles" added every year in the new softeware but that doesn't mean your purchase this tax turbo and then have to discard after one use..that's absurd. Anyway...I went ahead and got it this year and am very pleased with the product.

Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 07:51 PM   #9
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux

I do not think you have to buy the new software each year. Infact, there is an option in there which remembers your previous year's returns and you can just edit the info. next year.

Old 02-20-2004, 09:47 AM   #10
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Software

Tax relief
Two apps to make tax preparation less taxing

By Bonnie Cha (January 27, 2004)

Filing taxes used to require a bottle of correction fluid, a bottle of aspirin, and 12 to 13 hours of your life down the drain. But those days are long gone since there are now tax-preparation programs, such as Intuit's TurboTax and H&R Block's TaxCut, that help automate form input and provide you with answers to common and complex tax issues. Now, the hardest part of taxes may just be picking the right tax app for you.

This year, TaxCut updates its look with an improved interface that makes it easier to change or reenter data. New assistants, such as the Vacation Rental Assistant and a built-in advice section, also come to the rescue when you're knee-deep in tax jargon. But when it comes down to the nitty-gritty of complicated returns--such as claiming deductions for major disasters (particularly timely for those affected by the fires in Southern California)--TurboTax gains a slight edge.

Both programs aim to simplify tax preparation, and they succeed. Read on to see which program best suits your needs.

Online filing alternatives
What could be easier than tax-prep software? Take a look at these five online alternatives and see if they're worth the switch from traditional tax software.

Read the full review:
TaxCut Premium 2003
TurboTax Deluxe 2003

Page with the links to the reviews and sites
Old 02-21-2004, 12:58 AM   #11
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Blonde Bomber
I don't think you have to purchase every year like U2 said. It has an "update tax laws" option in the software that I bought that logs on and updates automatically. Now there may be some "bells and whistles" added every year in the new softeware but that doesn't mean your purchase this tax turbo and then have to discard after one use..that's absurd. Anyway...I went ahead and got it this year and am very pleased with the product.
If you look on the box, it states what Tax year it is for. I use Tax Cut, and have used Turbo Tax in years past... and never has it been extensible for future years. The "update tax laws" option is kind of like a "Windows Update" for that version of the software. It only updates problems reported by users for that years software.