Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-25-2004, 12:17 AM   #1
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default Destiny of Best Home winners not having Home Court Advantage

Only 4 cases. It seems all of the prior teams that had best home record but didn't have HCA for the playoffs, passed the first round (if semifinals means second round); only one of them won it, but lost in the conference finals.

It's a big opportunity for the Mavs to make another mark in the NBA, I think. Tough, but not impossible.
Old 04-25-2004, 12:25 AM   #2
PubaNWO

PubaNWO is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Destiny of Best Home winners not having Home Court Advantage

When the Mavs eliminate the Kings....

who's the next potential victim?
PubaNWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 12:31 AM   #3
Chiwas
Guru

In other thought, that table shows that it is very uncommon what the Mavs just did, to be the best in home in the NBA, but not getting a 1-4 seed.

What the Mavs did to be in this weird case, why the Mavs lost so many on the road?

I haven't read a conclusive, sufficient explanation, not even by themselves.

Edit:

Quote:
who's the next potential victim?
The Wolves, aren't they? Although today lost badly with Denver.

Old 04-25-2004, 12:35 AM   #4
PubaNWO

PubaNWO is on a distinguished road

ok so no Spurs....thats good
PubaNWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 12:36 AM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Destiny of Best Home winners not having Home Court Advantage

You are a little off on the picture, Chiwas. Those four teams were teams that had the best record at home without getting homecourt and did not win a championship I'm assuming that that means there are teams that have been great at home and have won it all. Im just too lazy to do the research.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 12:46 AM   #6
Chiwas
Guru

I understood that the listed teams had the best home record in the league, and didn't get HCA, a 1-4 seed, all of the cases.

But if you're right, then we have a lot more chances, historically.
Old 04-25-2004, 01:00 AM   #7
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
I understood that the listed teams had the best home record in the league, and didn't get HCA, a 1-4 seed, all of the cases.

But if you're right, then we have a lot more chances, historically.
I shouldnt't have been so certain but thats what I heard. I'll watch the tape again tomorrow and see what they said.

It justs sounded like they were showing teams that were comparable (including never having won a championship)
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 01:00 AM   #8
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't imagine that a team has had the best home record in the league, started the playoffs on the road, and then gone on to win it all. I'm sure that those are the only four teams to have the best home court record and no HCA. It's really an amazing feat when you think about it.
Old 04-25-2004, 08:46 AM   #9
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
What the Mavs did to be in this weird case, why the Mavs lost so many on the road?

I haven't read a conclusive, sufficient explanation, not even by themselves.
Yeah, I always needs an answer of why they can't win on the road. I just remember Nash said he didn't know why. I doubt if they really know how to win on the road. Yeah they've won some but perhaps they never find the way to win a road game but just play then win or lose.
If they can't get at least one road game, they will be out by 3-4 at best.