Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-04-2004, 10:02 AM   #1
MikeB
Golden Member

MikeB has a spectacular aura aboutMikeB has a spectacular aura about
Default Airline Passenger Finds Frog in Her Salad

WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Australian carrier Qantas said Tuesday it has changed its lettuce supplier after a passenger on a flight from Melbourne to Wellington found a live frog in her greens.

The one-inch Australian whistling tree frog didn't get a chance to hop away. The woman plunked the lid back on her meal preventing any escape.

The Qantas plane's crew notified the Quarantine Service while the plane was still in the air and officials were waiting when it landed at Wellington Airport.

"I'm afraid the frog was euthanized" in a freezer, service general manager Fergus Small told National Radio.

Quarantine officials made a check of the airplane "but no other frogs were detected," he said.

A Qantas spokesman told National Radio that the airline had changed its supplier since the February incident. Tree frogs were common in the area where the lettuce was grown.

Hey at least they didn't charge her extra for the Frog.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Is this what happened to Senor Frog???
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2004, 10:05 AM   #2
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE:Airline Passenger Finds Frog in Her Salad

Quote:
Originally posted by: MikeB

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Is this what happened to Senor Frog???
Haha, nice

MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote