Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-15-2004, 09:04 PM   #1
arkuo

arkuo is on a distinguished road
Default would you do this???

guys, would you do this trade if all teams invovled agreed to it?

Dallas trades: SG Michael Finley (18.6 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 2.9 apg in 38.6 minutes)
SF Antawn Jamison (14.8 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 0.9 apg in 29.0 minutes)
PF Danny Fortson (3.9 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 0.2 apg in 11.1 minutes)
SF Josh Howard (8.6 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.5 apg in 23.7 minutes)
Dallas receives: C Radoslav Nesterovic (8.7 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 1.4 apg in 28.7 minutes)
SG Ray Allen (23.0 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 4.8 apg in 38.4 minutes)
SG Brent Barry (10.8 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 5.8 apg in 30.6 minutes)
C Jerome James (5.0 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.5 apg in 15.2 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +1.6 ppg, -1.0 rpg, and +7.0 apg.

San Antonio trades: C Radoslav Nesterovic (8.7 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 1.4 apg in 28.7 minutes)
San Antonio receives: PF Danny Fortson (3.9 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 0.2 apg in 56 games)
SF Josh Howard (8.6 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.5 apg in 67 games)
Change in team outlook: +3.8 ppg, +2.3 rpg, and +0.3 apg.

Seattle trades: SG Ray Allen (23.0 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 4.8 apg in 38.4 minutes)
SG Brent Barry (10.8 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 5.8 apg in 30.6 minutes)
C Jerome James (5.0 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.5 apg in 15.2 minutes)
Seattle receives: SG Michael Finley (18.6 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 2.9 apg in 72 games)
SF Antawn Jamison (14.8 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 0.9 apg in 82 games)
Change in team outlook: -5.4 ppg, -1.3 rpg, and -7.3 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

C- rasho / james / bradley
PF- dirk / najera
SF- howard / walker
SG- allen / quis
PG- nash / barry

i really don't know if san antonio will do it though.. the trade with seattle is good.. we got an a-little-above-average center in rasho.. his rotation with jerome james and bradley at the 5 spot would be too bad.. we have 2 expiring contracts in allen and walker..

barry could run the floor while nash is resting.. allen and quis share minutes at SG.. walker is the 6th man.. no risk in draft picks...

thoughts?

arkuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2004, 09:10 PM   #2
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:would you do this???

You've got Howard traded, and at the SF ? ? Dallas would be weak at the SF, espeically defensively.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 09:31 PM   #3
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

If you can find a way to trade Howard and keep him at the same time I'm interested in hearing it.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:39 PM   #4
arkuo

arkuo is on a distinguished road

i'm sorry i made a mistake.. then walker starts that way.. i just need to see if you guys would agree if rasho played in dallas.. would he be effective as a center? would nellie be happy with him?
arkuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 09:42 PM   #5
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by: arkuo
i'm sorry i made a mistake.. then walker starts that way.. i just need to see if you guys would agree if rasho played in dallas.. would he be effective as a center? would nellie be happy with him?
I think so... he can score so Nellie would definitely be happy with him. I haven't got the opportunity to watch him play defense, but he looks like a banger/shotblocker type that could shut people down.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 12:31 AM   #6
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I don't see this trade going through. IMO it wouldn't be a great trade for any of the teams involved. It really doesn't meet any outstanding needs and creates problems for each team. But I especially think that it is bad for the Mavs. Fin for Ray Allen is an upgrade but not enough to take the mavs to another level. Barry is a nice backup and James is a spare we'd be giving up the 6th man of the year who is a great asset at SF for a nice backup PG. The downgrade there is more than the Fin upgrade. Now look at Fortson and Howard for Rasho. Rasho isn't as good as Bradley and since Nellie won't play Bradley it's highly likely that Rasho would be riding the pine. Furthermore this would force us to play Walker out of position and start him. Both are bad things in and of themselves. It will also leave us without one of our best incentives to get someone to take Walker off our hands and give something of value back, Howard. Losing Fortson would be no big deal, but Howard is a great rising star while Rasho is basically a spare+, better than a spare but certainly not great. We need to do better if we trade Howard. Furthermore it's highly unlikely that San Antonio and Dallas would do a trade in almos any circumstance because we're such close rival in the same division.
Old 06-16-2004, 01:49 PM   #7
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: would you do this???

These trades are horrid on RealGMs trade Board as well as here.
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote