Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 09-23-2004, 10:08 AM   #1
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default Kerry Concedes Arizona, Arkansas, Louisiana and Missouri

Quote:
KERRY CONCEDES ARIZONA, ARKANSAS, LOUISIANA AND MISSOURI [09/23 09:22 AM]

We had seen signs and reports of this earlier, but now it's official:

WASHINGTON - Bowing to political realities, Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry has canceled plans to begin broadcasting television commercials in Arizona, Arkansas, Louisiana and the perennial battleground of Missouri.

The decision to shrink his political playing field reduces Kerry's strategic options — at least for now — in the homestretch of the campaign. George W. Bush won all four states in 2000, and Kerry can't win the White House without taking a state or two from the Republican incumbent.
While pulling back from some states that Bush carried, Kerry is still strongly competing in several GOP-leaning battlegrounds, including Ohio, Florida, Colorado and Nevada.
Should have chosen Gephart-Missouri would be in play. Edwards won't carry N. Carolina.

For those keeping score at home, this almost locks Kerry into a "Florida or bust" strategy, just like Gore. But Bush is up 10 in Wisconsin, which Gore carried. And I don't know if Kerry is being forced to spend money in Pennsylvania or not. Eeeee.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2004, 10:22 AM   #2
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Kerry Concedes Arizona, Arkansas, Louisiana and Missouri

Kerry Media Buys

Linking to another thread here, there was an interesting report on The News Hour last night about ad buys in key states. Synchs up with the info reported here.

Time to trot out Osama and kindly administer the coup de grace.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 11:01 AM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Kerry Concedes Arizona, Arkansas, Louisiana and Missouri

wow. You never give up. Period. That tells me even another thing to hate about Hanoi John.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 11:10 AM   #4
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
wow. You never give up. Period. That tells me even another thing to hate about Hanoi John.
i wouldn't get too carried away with that thought; the Bush camp is about to write off Michigan.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 09-23-2004, 11:14 AM   #5
Dooby
Diamond Member

Le Duble Poste.