Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-13-2004, 10:34 AM   #1
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts
Default I wonder what Arnold would say about a male cheerleader- girly man??hahah...

Edwards Tells Leno Theory on Bush 'Lump'

By MICHAEL R. BLOOD, Associated Press Writer

BURBANK, Calif. - John Edwards (news - web sites) has a theory about what was hidden underneath an unusual wrinkle that appeared on the back of President Bush (news - web sites)'s suit jacket during his first debate with John Kerry (news - web sites).

"I think it was his battery," a grinning Edwards told Jay Leno on "The Tonight Show" on Tuesday.

"I think tomorrow, before the debate, John Kerry ought to pat him down," Edwards said, referring to the final Bush-Kerry matchup, scheduled for Wednesday in Arizona.

The Democratic vice presidential nominee, making his second appearance on the comedian's stage this year, was in turns silly and serious while chatting about issues from Iraq (news - web sites) to chubby Secret Service agents.

Leno asked Edwards if he could beat the president in a foot race.

Edwards, who said he jogged about five miles Tuesday, reminded the audience he played football as a student. Bush, he noted, was on a cheering squad.

Bush "was on the side, with his pompoms," the North Carolina senator said. "I don't know, can you run fast with those cheerleading outfits on?"

Earlier, at a campaign stop in Colorado, Edwards attacked President Bush and Cheney as "out of touch." He didn't let up on Leno's show.

When Leno showed a clip of Kerry windsurfing, Edwards said, "If I had to spend 90 minutes on a stage with George Bush (news - web sites), I'd want to clear my head too."

During the first debate between the presidential candidates, a camera glimpsed what looked like a rectangular lump between Bush's shoulder blades. Bush's campaign aides have laughed off rampant Internet speculation that the president was wired to get help from advisers.

Edwards' one-day trip to California was somewhat unusual. The presidential race has largely bypassed the Democratic-leaning state, which is viewed as an all but certain win for the Kerry-Edwards ticket in November. Al Gore (news - web sites) carried the state in 2000 by 12 percentage points.

The last time Edwards was in the state was nearly three months ago. He was also scheduled to attend a fund-raiser in San Francisco on Tuesday night.
ยท
Old 10-13-2004, 10:39 AM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: I wonder what Arnold would say about a male cheerleader- girly man??hahah...

I saw this show last night. I thought Edwards looked relaxed, but scripted. At times he was personable, but at other times he came off looking like a whiney child. I was disappointed to see Leno pander to Edwards so badly. At times I couldn't tell where Leno's lips and Edwards arse were seperated.

Overall I think Edwards came off ok, but I do know many will not like his style. I've heard from a couple coworkers this morning that they thought Edwards was a whiney child.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 10:54 AM   #3
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:I wonder what Arnold would say about a male cheerleader- girly man??hahah...

Edwards implying that Bush is a wimp? That's funny, indeed.