endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road
Default Brown runs a 4.32 at the combine

good choice of not working out, Benson
Old 02-26-2005, 03:05 PM   #2
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default RE: Brown runs a 4.32 at the combine

Matt Jones reported ran a 4.41 at the ****** School of Speed this week. I can't remember the exact name of the place. I can't believe there were people out there that still doubted that guy's speed.
Old 02-26-2005, 05:52 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Maurice Clarrett went 4.8. Ugh.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 05:55 PM   #4
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

If that doesn't vastly improve in his personal workout, he doesn't need to bother watching the draft until Sunday.
Old 02-26-2005, 07:11 PM   #5
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Brown runs a 4.32 at the combine
FWIW The NFL Network is listing his electronic time at 4.48, right behind J.J. Arrington's 4.46.
Old 02-26-2005, 11:57 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Default RE:Brown runs a 4.32 at the combine

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
If that doesn't vastly improve in his personal workout, he doesn't need to bother watching the draft until Sunday.
Can you say sixth round pick?
Old 02-27-2005, 12:12 AM   #7
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Can you say sixth round pick?
I've heard a couple of analyst speculate that he may not even get drafted,but I find that hard to believe. When you get pas the 3rd round most players are crap shoots. That's were you start taking injury concerns and head cases (like Ontario Smith). Honestly, I'd take him in the 4th.

Sure he only played one season, but so did Henson and we gave up our 3rd for him. Like Henson, he was a productive player and running back speed can be overrated. Plus he's only be a backup for us.

Working against him is the fact that this is one of the deepest RB drafts in recent memory.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:49 AM   #8
Drbio
Banned

I cannot imagine a scenario where someone doesn't take a flyer on him. I'm pretty sure he will be drafted, but his 40 times and his departure from the rest of the workout cost him a ton of money. I think the fourth to the sixth is where he will land. It really depends on the team and their situation.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:03 AM   #9
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I cannot imagine a scenario where someone doesn't take a flyer on him. I'm pretty sure he will be drafted, but his 40 times and his departure from the rest of the workout cost him a ton of money. I think the fourth to the sixth is where he will land. It really depends on the team and their situation.
I heard a news-quickie about Clarett that said half a dozen 300+ lb. linemen had faster 40 times.

Damn.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 12:05 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

ouch.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:34 PM   #11
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Jones, from Arkansas, ran the fastest time ever by a quarterback at the NFL combine, unofficially clocked at 4.41 seconds in the 40-yard dash.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:48 PM   #12
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

man, ocelot, that guy is a pure athlete. he had one of the most amazing MISSED dunks i've ever seen. up in traffic over like 3 guys, only missed because he was literally too high, and put it off the back of the rim.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:22 AM   #13
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Yeah, at 6'6" 245 lbs, he ran a 4.41 and had a 39.5 inch vertical. he was a frustrating QB, but he was SO much fun to watch. I am hoping the cowboys draft him. I think anyone that does will end up with the steal of the draft.
Old 02-28-2005, 01:14 AM   #14
Drbio
Banned

I'd be stunned if Dallas drafted a QB. Wouldn't you?
Old 02-28-2005, 01:24 AM   #15
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

He's not being looked at as a QB. I believe the cowboys were looking at him as a slot receiver.
Old 02-28-2005, 02:20 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

Oh. I guess I wouldn't be so stunned then huh? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Those are really nice numbers. I mean REALLY nice.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:11 PM   #17
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Quote:
Considering half the 6th rounders get cut in camp anyway, I'd take a flier on him. I really can't decide what to think of Clarett. I think he got thrown under the bus by his university. But I think he clearly has some character issues. The only question is how much.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 07:56 PM   #18
Drbio
Banned

Good call Dooby. But....there is now some talk that he was not focused at the combine and just tanked the run. If that's the case I wouldn't even waste the sixth on him though.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:39 PM   #19
dirno2000
Diamond Member

A slightly heavier but more sculpted Maurice Clarett might have improved his draft status Thursday during a vigorous solo workout for NFL scouts in Youngstown, Ohio.

The running back weighed in at 236 pounds, two pounds heavier than at the NFL combine, but his 40-yard dash times were better than in February.

He ran 40s in 4.67 and 4.68 seconds, according to his agents Steve Feldman and Josh Luchs, and one team clocked him at 4.65. In Indianapolis last month, he was timed at 4.87 and 4.72.

"I was just trying to give the coaches what they wanted," Clarett said. "They wanted a faster 40, so I worked on the 40 more than anything."

Inclement weather forced the 75-minute workout to be moved indoors and performed on artificial turf, the same surface on which the combine was conducted.

Bengals running backs coach Jim Anderson led the bulk of the agility drills, and, according to witnesses, worked Clarett tirelessly to see if he would quit. At the combine, Clarett walked off the field after his poor 40 time, which left a poor impression on team personnel. Clarett finished all of Anderson's drills Thursday.

"I was wheezing a little bit at the end, but overall I think I did good," Clarett said.

Browns assistants also put him through several running back drills, which he performed with his shirt off. He wore a form-fitting lycra shirt for the 40.

Before the workout, Clarett was projected to be selected as low as the sixth or seventh rounds, and possibly not at all. However, Luchs said draft position isn't a priority.

"We're not that concerned with where he goes, because wherever he's drafted is going to be far below where his talent level really is," he said. "So, we're really preparing for minicamps and training camps and trying to get Maurice ready for going out and earning a job, regardless of where he's drafted."

Scouts and coaches representing Baltimore, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Miami, New England, Pittsburgh and St. Louis attended the workout near Clarett's hometown of Warren.

"He looks good," Browns offensive coordinator Maurice Carthon said.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.