Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-01-2005, 04:06 AM   #1
Razor

Razor is on a distinguished road
Default Avery resigns, Phil Jackson in as next head coach

Nowitzki injures left knee, out for season.
Associated Press

Philadelphia, Pa. - Dallas Mavericks power forward will undergo surgery Friday after suffering an injury to his left knee.

The team said Thursday that Nowitzki suffered a severe cut on the back of his knee that had caused nerve damage and affected the use of his lower leg and foot.

A team spokesman said he suffered the injury Friday morning while trying to jump over a fence.

Nowitzki, 26, underwent exploratory surgery April 1 by Tom Graham in Philadelphia. His rehabilitation is being supervised by Graham, and he is expected to be ready for the start of training camp in late October. Nowitzki will be sidelined for the remainder of the regular season and playoffs, the team said. The knee will be immobilized for 10 days before beginning physical therapy.

"Holger and I have been working on a new regimen to improve my agility and leaping ability. I was trying to jump over a fence, but, unfortunately, I got caught on top of the fence and cut my leg," Nowitzki said in a statement released by the team. "It's a bad situation, but I'm going to be very positive about it going forward. I'm in the process of trying to get my leg working again."

"I feel terrible for Dirk," Mavericks coach Avery Johnson said. "He's worked his entire life to try to make it this far, and to have a major setback like this occur in such a freak circumstance is awful. Knowing Dirk, he'll continue to work hard to try to make it back on the court. This is a devastating setback to our team, but we will continue to work hard and do our best without him."

LoL. Had to do it. HAPPY APRIL FOOLS!!
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2005, 05:25 AM   #2
bradleywillcrushyou44

bradleywillcrushyou44 is a jewel in the roughbradleywillcrushyou44 is a jewel in the roughbradleywillcrushyou44 is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Avery resigns, Phil Jackson in as next head coach

got me
bradleywillcrushyou44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 05:35 AM   #3
Pongo
Golden Member

Pongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to all
Default RE: Avery resigns, Phil Jackson in as next head coach

i thought about something like "Dirk's out for the remainder of the season"
but that woulda been too mean [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2005, 07:26 AM   #4
kriD
Platinum Member

kriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to all

Thanks for not doing it, Pongo. My heart would have stopped.

I didn't fall for this one though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
kriD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 07:31 AM   #5
Don_Didi

Don_Didi is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Avery resigns, Phil Jackson in as next head coach

Or Bird challenges Dirk to a one-on-one duel. Bonkers.
Don_Didi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 08:11 AM   #6
Pongo
Golden Member

Pongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to all

the sticky is just great ;D
Old 04-01-2005, 08:38 AM   #7
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

It would be alot better if Razor had written a fake article.....

When I saw it I wasn't thinking April Fools, but I was intrigued. I figured if it had a sticky it might cause more panic. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2005, 08:46 AM   #8
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

The sticky is a good touch, but no way avery would "resign". [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 08:51 AM   #9
Pongo
Golden Member

yeah...
how about changing the topic title to "Dirk out for the remainder of the season"?
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2005, 09:06 AM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Dirk blows out knee in practice, out for season

It's obvious that this was going to be an April Fool's joke... If it were true, there would be a dozen threads discussing it in this forum.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 09:08 AM   #11
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road

Holy crap. I did not make the connection to April Fools there, i was scared shitless. Good one.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 09:16 AM   #12
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

I hope that this doesn't bring bad luck! Kind of like when the announcers say: "Finley has made 10 straight three pointers in a row -- ooops" Clang... Or when Dirk makes 20 free throws in a row - announcer makes a comment about it, then "Clang"!
Old 04-01-2005, 09:57 AM   #13
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all
Default RE:Dirk injures knee, out for season

Nice try, you do know Razor that if it really happens you're going to be banned from this forum for jinxing the Mavs. The funny thing is I could see Holger and Dirk doing some weird ass thing like jumping over a fence!

DOUBLE REVERSAL JINX! Ha Ha............................ I called it now the JINX will get Chris Webber, or better yet Tim Duncan!
Old 04-01-2005, 10:18 AM   #14
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default RE: Dirk injures knee, out for season

At least it wasn't a "Nellie returns" article. That would have been mean. :-)
Old 04-01-2005, 10:45 AM   #15
samsteng

samsteng is on a distinguished road

How dumb.
samsteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:54 AM   #16
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

You mean,

I was gasping for breath there.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:41 PM   #17
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

too obvious
good idea, but obvious
Old 04-01-2005, 12:45 PM   #18
kriD
Platinum Member

kriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: birdsanctuary
Nice try, you do know Razor that if it really happens you're going to be banned from this forum for jinxing the Mavs.
The original topic by Razor was something like "Avery resigns, Phil Jackson new coach".

So if Dirk actually injures his knee, blame and ban the one who's really responsible: "Dallas-Mavs.com Moderator"
kriD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 01:34 PM   #19
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

At first i thought it was a joke because of the number of posts. Then i was going to be mad at Dirk. You're too big to be jumping over fences.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 01:43 PM   #20
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: kriD
Quote:
Originally posted by: birdsanctuary
Nice try, you do know Razor that if it really happens you're going to be banned from this forum for jinxing the Mavs.
The original topic by Razor was something like "Avery resigns, Phil Jackson new coach".

So if Dirk actually injures his knee, blame and ban the one who's really responsible: "Dallas-Mavs.com Moderator"
I think the mod editing was to sticky the thread, actually.

And I can't really believe that a mod would ban someone for creating a thread that a mod stickied.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 08:52 PM   #21
Captain Disaster

Captain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the rough

That would end this season's chances for sure!
Captain Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote