Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-07-2005, 01:41 AM   #1
BradleySucks

BradleySucks is on a distinguished road
Default May the best team win!

As many of you guys know, I am a huge Rockets fan. I am also a fan of basketball in general and this series is just kick ass. All of the great plays, all of the drama, all of the name calling. This is like old-school basketball. Not like the typical crappy series of the past seven years. Wether you are a Houstonian, Dallasite, or whatever, we must appreciate the entertainment that we have recieved from this series. I believe we have a new rivalry here, and an incredible one at that. I like 1-45 better than 1-10, but we must accept the fact that TEXAS JUST KICKS ASS AT BASKETBALL!!! May the best team win!
BradleySucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2005, 01:46 AM   #2
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default RE: May the best team win!

Nice post!!!

...but it should be in Game 7 thread, imo.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:49 AM   #3
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

and it should be: May the Mavs Win! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 02:20 AM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:May the best team win!

Quote:
Originally posted by: twelli
and it should be: May the Mavs Win! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
that's what he said isnt it?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 02:29 AM   #5
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

WTF is 1-10?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 02:33 AM   #6
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

interestate from Los Angeles, CA to Jacksonville, FL that goes through Phoenix, Houston and San Antonio?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 02:47 AM   #7
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for that.

Do you have any idea what that might have to do with Dallas?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 03:00 AM   #8
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
Thank you for that.

Do you have any idea what that might have to do with Dallas?
The I-10 goes through San Antonio and Houston, the I-45 goes through Houston and ends, I think, in Dallas.
Meaning he would rather the Rockets play the Mavs than Spurs.
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 09:59 AM   #9
BradleySucks

BradleySucks is on a distinguished road

I am saying the Mavs are better than the Spurs, I have never liked the Spurs before. I loved it when we beat their stupid Roman Circus team 10 years ago to go to the Finals. The Spurs have always been overrated to me. Manu is gay!
BradleySucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 11:08 AM   #10
MrCheerios

MrCheerios is on a distinguished road

What a great series this has been. Fans on both teams should be proud of their clubs. I don't see a rivalry brewing (because the rockets are so old), though it's been a close fight so far. It's a shame they had to meet so early though. I would've rather had the mavs play the kings and the rockets play the sonics.
MrCheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 11:33 AM   #11
freestyle

freestyle has a spectacular aura aboutfreestyle has a spectacular aura about

It's unfortunate that two of the hottest teams at the end of the season had to immediately play each other and that one would have to go home in the first round. It's the unstoppable force versus the immovable object. Hopefully the Mavs can swing it. Either way, I'll be rooting for the victor to quickly dispense with the Suns.
freestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 01:02 PM   #12
MrCheerios

MrCheerios is on a distinguished road

Blame it on the new divisions. The mavs had a much better record than the sonics, yet were forced to play the 5th seeded rockets. How is that fair? The northwest is a crappy division, and the southwest has the best. That's what's determining the matchups now, not who the best team is. Mavs and rox should not have met until the WCF.
MrCheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 07:04 PM   #13
Catalyst

Catalyst is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: freestyle
It's unfortunate that two of the hottest teams at the end of the season had to immediately play each other and that one would have to go home in the first round. It's the unstoppable force versus the immovable object. Hopefully the Mavs can swing it. Either way, I'll be rooting for the victor to quickly dispense with the Suns.
Who is the UF....who is the IO?

Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 07:46 PM   #14
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Catalyst
Quote:
Originally posted by: freestyle
Who is the UF....who is the IO?

Unfortunately the Rockets have the unstoppable force AND the immovable object.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 11:01 PM   #15
greensborohill

greensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the rough

I truly think the best team won

If by chance we do lose to PHO, I can live with it b/c they are a great team.

I couldn't have stomached losing to HOU, we are beter than they are. We have more talent and we are plain better.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:26 PM   #16
BigBenito

BigBenito is on a distinguished road

Good luck in the rest of the playoffs mavs.

my hat is off to you guys (ok, i lied... i don't wear a hat, but i salute u none the less)

BigBenito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 11:32 PM   #17
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Very classy, BB. True fans show up after a loss. I salute YOU.