Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-10-2005, 12:47 AM   #1
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default Official Game 2 thread: Dallas @ Phoenix

Yeah, that's right. I said it. Bitch. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] MFF and I think it's time for the big guns. I'm taking game 2. We'll see how it goes.

We need to get the stink of Game 1 out of our mouths. With Game two less than 48 hours away, we're going to start up the good Karma early. Dirk's going off. That's definitely a good sign.

It's only one game, but we have GOT to steal this one. There's no way we can beat Phoenix 4 out of 5. MUST WIN GAME!!! Good karma guys....good karma. Sally Struther's starving Ethiopians could use some food. You get us some karma and them some food with one phone call. 1-800-FUK-PHNX
Old 05-10-2005, 12:48 AM   #2
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE: Official Game 2 thread: Dallas @ Phoenix

Thanks ocelot for stepping up again.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:49 AM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

who is keeping track of the gameday threads for the playoffs? Is Twelli slacking off hardcore?

also 1-800-fuk-phnx appears to be a national chat line. They didnt want me bitching about the Suns at all, and cost me a few dollars [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 01:19 AM   #4
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Official Game 2 thread: Dallas @ Phoenix

HI-yah!

Mavs return strong with a jumping crosskick to the mouth!

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 01:31 AM   #5
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I BELIEVE.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 04:48 AM   #6
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Arrrggghhh.... What happened to the old D-M tradition of starting gameday threads No Earlier Than 12:01 PM On The Night Preceding The Actual Game Day?.

It's no wonder we're losing games, when all of y'all reckless gameday-thread starters and talliers continue to contenance the creation of all of these damned, jinx-inducing, prematurely started threads...
Old 05-10-2005, 05:30 AM   #7
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
who is keeping track of the gameday threads for the playoffs? Is Twelli slacking off hardcore?
I am emotionally drained from 82 games of following akaarod's game day thread record...

and I have all the faith in Ocelot of Ark!

good idea to start the game thread earlier, that will surely irritated the Sun Gods...

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 09:46 AM   #8
Folterkammer

Folterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really nice

I BELIEVE
Old 05-10-2005, 10:12 AM   #9
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

To win this game, the Mavs have to MUCK IT UP.

MUCK IT UP v. - 1) to disrupt the flow of the game by fouling hard if necessary. 2) playing physically with great intensity and energy. 3) make the track meet look like it's being run in mud.

I love watching Phoenix's style of basketball, but to win this series, the Mavs have to make it ugly.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 10:29 AM   #10
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Folterkammer
I BELIEVE
preach it brother!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 05-10-2005, 11:02 AM   #11
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

I believe the Mavs can do it. With a 40 point blowout, the Suns are going to be over-confident. It will be human nature to let up. I think Damp will try to get physical with Amare but he will end up in foul trouble again. Dirk will be awake in the first quarter. JET will setup this game. He will realize that the lane is wide open and he'll drive to the basket. Josh will be under control. Mavs will steal game 2.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:42 AM   #12
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

They are the highest scoring team in the NBA? F'em.
Their PG is the MVP? F'em
Their coach is the COY? F'em.

Go Mavs!
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 11:46 AM   #13
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

If the Mavs come and and bust their @$$es and play with purpose, energy, and intelligence this game is ours. I think that it will be close, but we'll gut it out.

Mavs 113
Suns 109
Old 05-10-2005, 11:53 AM   #14
Zack

Zack is on a distinguished road

Mavs must win at ALL costs tonight..

I think it would be amazing if Dampier just went Bizerk and hammered Amare..

Course Amare wouldn't score so much if TERRY or Shut down Nash..

Everyone needs to guard man to man, like it was game 7..

Old 05-10-2005, 12:18 PM   #15
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Simon2
I believe the Mavs can do it. With a 40 point blowout, the Suns are going to be over-confident. It will be human nature to let up. I think Damp will try to get physical with Amare but he will end up in foul trouble again. Dirk will be awake in the first quarter. JET will setup this game. He will realize that the lane is wide open and he'll drive to the basket. Josh will be under control. Mavs will steal game 2.
If we have to rely on overconfidence to win a game.....

*sigh*

Have any of your heads stopped spinning yet? I can't get any damn work done because I am still seeing stars from the beating last night. How deflating is it when you score and 2 seconds later the opponent is answering with a 3 pointer?

This Suns team (without Amare) is the Mavericks of 2002-2003. When you add that beast to the mix.... WTF?

How deflating that game was last night.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:36 PM   #16
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

I'm not saying that's the only reason the Mavs will win. I'm saying it will play a part in it. Suns will naturally think they can come in a not show up and still win. Its only human nature. It would be nice if the Mavs stole one on the road.

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Quote:
If we have to rely on overconfidence to win a game.....

*sigh*

Have any of your heads stopped spinning yet? I can't get any damn work done because I am still seeing stars from the beating last night. How deflating is it when you score and 2 seconds later the opponent is answering with a 3 pointer?

This Suns team (without Amare) is the Mavericks of 2002-2003. When you add that beast to the mix.... WTF?

How deflating that game was last night.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:39 PM   #17
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Mavs win. They will come out better than last time. They should have the Suns gameplan mapped out better. Do the Suns even adjust to the opposing team? To me, it just seems like they only have one game plan...once that is figured out, its over.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 01:53 PM   #18
SirChaz

SirChaz is on a distinguished road

I am sure Game 2 will be closer but.....

Don't count on the Suns to let up.

It won't happen. These guys are on a mission.

Mavs will have to fight for everything they get.
SirChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 02:10 PM   #19
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Evilmav2
Arrrggghhh.... What happened to the old D-M tradition of starting gameday threads No Earlier Than 12:01 PM On The Night Preceding The Actual Game Day?.

It's no wonder we're losing games, when all of y'all reckless gameday-thread starters and talliers continue to contenance the creation of all of these damned, jinx-inducing, prematurely started threads...
That died in the first round, or weren't you around?
Old 05-10-2005, 05:04 PM   #20
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

Mavs have to come out with the intensity that got them here. if they can get good looks, and make 'em this time, they'll hang close enough and strike when the time is right. i look for avery to throw a curveball at the suns that will catch them off guard enough to steal home court.
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 05:07 PM   #21
MavsBalla4131

MavsBalla4131 is on a distinguished road

Hell ya we need to put that blow aside and win this game 2.... i don't wanna hear anymore bullshit comin out of those commentators saying how we don't have the defense to stop the Suns... Dampier needs to step up his game on this one day break and stop Amare.... This series ain't over until its over. GO MAVS!!
Old 05-10-2005, 05:31 PM   #22
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Intenisty on both sides of the ball is all I am asking. We came out flat and were down from the start. Dampier needs to at least make Amare work defensively. The mavs also need to get that f'em attitude we had after game 1 of the 2003 conference semifinals against Sacramento Nick Van Exel Fuck them.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 05:34 PM   #23
Phil Helmuth

Phil Helmuth is on a distinguished road

F'em

Go Mavs!
Old 05-10-2005, 06:04 PM   #24
Darkside

Darkside is an unknown quantity at this point

As a Suns fan, Game 2 scares the crap out of me. If we win game 1 by 25 and lose game 2 by 1, you still did exactly what you needed to do, stole a game in Phoenix. My prediction hasn't changed based on Game 1 (Suns in 6) but I think based on game 1, the likelihood of the Mavs winning game 2 increased. Obviously I hope I am wrong. [img]i/expressions/anim_laugh.gif[/img]
Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 07:20 PM   #25
Nash2STAT
Banned

Nash2STAT can only hope to improve

You must be delusional if you think the Suns are going to sleep walk into game 2. If you think getting physical with the Suns is going to work, ask the Grizzlies how they feel about being swept, because all they were trying to do is take cheap shots just to keep the games close.
Nash2STAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 07:29 PM   #26
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash2STAT
You must be delusional if you think the Suns are going to sleep walk into game 2. If you think getting physical with the Suns is going to work, ask the Grizzlies how they feel about being swept, because all they were trying to do is take cheap shots just to keep the games close.
For the love of god, please don't even try to compare the Grizzlies to the Mavericks....
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 07:33 PM   #27
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
all they were trying to do is take cheap shots just to keep the games close.
no wonder they lost then....*sigh*

Old 05-10-2005, 07:59 PM   #28
kyptonite

kyptonite is on a distinguished road

JET goes off I bet, since avery showed so much emotion when he got ejected. They are connected at the mind. Dirk also has a 35 point game, he's in rythem now. Damp still does crap though I bet.

Mavs win by 3
kyptonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 08:05 PM   #29
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"He's going to out-quick the bigger guys," Phoenix's Quentin Richardson said, "and if they try to put Dirk or a smaller guy on him, he's going to overpower him, so it's a dilemma."
The ever-confident Stoudemire wonders if there's anything the Mavericks can do effectively against him.

"It's going to be tough for them. They're not exactly Memphis," he said, referring to the team Phoenix swept in the first round. "Memphis had more scrappy players and more defensive players. I'm not sure. They might just polish up their offensive and defensive games."
Make a poster out of this and put it wherever the Mavs are training so they can read this.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:08 PM   #30
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: bernardos70
Quote:
"He's going to out-quick the bigger guys," Phoenix's Quentin Richardson said, "and if they try to put Dirk or a smaller guy on him, he's going to overpower him, so it's a dilemma."
The ever-confident Stoudemire wonders if there's anything the Mavericks can do effectively against him.

"It's going to be tough for them. They're not exactly Memphis," he said, referring to the team Phoenix swept in the first round. "Memphis had more scrappy players and more defensive players. I'm not sure. They might just polish up their offensive and defensive games."
he really is a stupid kid.

Old 05-10-2005, 08:09 PM   #31
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

"NOT EXACTLY MEMPHIS?"

Why don't they just come into our house, drive our cars, eat our food and then take a dump on our beds - that insult would not be so great.

This calls for an execution.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 08:13 PM   #32
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: rabbitproof
"NOT EXACTLY MEMPHIS?"

Why don't they just come into our house, drive our cars, eat our food and then take a dump on our beds - that insult would not be so great.

funny....I've never wanted to poop on a bed so bad in my life....well, except for the time I pooped in the bed.

Old 05-10-2005, 08:40 PM   #33
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Quote:
Originally posted by: rabbitproof
"NOT EXACTLY MEMPHIS?"

funny....I've never wanted to poop on a bed so bad in my life....well, except for the time I pooped in the bed.
Sike, I legitimately laughed out loud at that.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:49 PM   #34
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Is this quote for real? Where is the link to that quote? I can't believe that Qrich actually believes the Grizz are tougher defensively than the Mavs. Mavs blew the Grizz off the floor twice in the last week of the season. Damn, I hope the Mavs come back and tie the series.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 08:52 PM   #35
SirChaz

Quote:
"Last night we had a great game, we played well, we had a lot of fun, but you know that game's over," (Quentin) Richardson said. "We don't expect to win by 20. I've been saying all the time, I expect this to be a dogfight. We don't get any extra wins by winning by 20 or more points. It counts as one win."

I dont think they are over-confident.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:56 PM   #36
SirChaz

Sorry guys, Amare has a point from his perspective.

Lorenzen Wright and Stromile Swift matchup much better against Amare than Dampier or Henderson.

EDIT:
Bookit, That was an Amare quote not a Richardson quote. It does read a little funny.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:04 PM   #37
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Lorenzen Wright and Stromile Swift matchup much better against Amare than Dampier or Henderson.
no doubt there.

Old 05-10-2005, 09:08 PM   #38
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Quote:
no doubt there.
Which is why we should make a move for one of them in the offseason.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:04 AM   #39
sp3nc3r13

sp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nice

it is going to be extremely hard to match their energy in their building with the refs and homecourt on their side, but i do think we can isolate the turnovers and ugly outside shots to try to get this game in the bag and get the split 1-1. i do not believe we have another 0-2 series comeback in us, so in my mind this is the deciding factor in our season. to follow up on the stromile swift and lorenzen wright comment, i do believe both these guys are options for us in the offseason. someone who can come in and give us 20 minutes a game at the center position wuld be great as we try to develop dampier in his role on our team. i pray we resign terry and stack, i believe they are the true grit of this team.

go mavs -- 126 - 122(OT) in a great game.

also -- ocelot, what is your record in these gameday thread things? i am starting to think there really is a science to it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2005, 01:26 AM   #40
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

single post..... but in the wrong thread