Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-19-2005, 04:35 PM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Marshall Comes To Terms With Cavaliers

Marshall Comes To Terms With Cavaliers

By Branson Wright
Plain Dealer Reporter

The Cavaliers continued to bolster their roster by reaching an agreement with free agent power forward Donyell Marshall on Tuesday.

Marshall, according to sources, will sign a four-year deal worth between $20 and $25 million. Marshall, who played in Toronto last season, averages 12.4 points and 7.3 rebounds over his 11-year career.

Marshall, guard Larry Hughes and center Zydrunas Ilgauskas are expected to officially sign free agent contracts with the Cavaliers on Friday, the earliest date free agents can sign with teams.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:00 PM   #2
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Marshall Comes To Terms With Cavaliers

Marshall is underrated. I like him. Good signing for them. I wonder if he'll replace Gooden. I'm not really sure if he is the type of Power guy Ferry was talking about though.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 05:01 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I've always liked Marshall. Good for the Cavs.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 05:39 PM   #4
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Marshall Comes To Terms With Cavaliers

Nice signing... gives them a starting 4 and some pretty good outside shooting. Cleveland will be very good next season.
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 05:54 PM   #5
echo

echo is on a distinguished road

Very nice signing for the Cavs. Marshall was a guy I wanted to see come here. Thought we could get him and move Van Horn's expiring contract for help elsewhere as Marshall's numbers compare favorbaly to KVH. Donyell is a better rebounder, better shot blocker, and has shot over 40% from 3P range the past three seasons. He can start or come off the bench. Adding Hughes and Marshall really upgrades the Cavs.
echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 05:54 PM   #6
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Can he not play the 3? I've always thought of him as a three because of his ability to shoot the ball and drive the basket..

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 05:57 PM   #7
echo

Quote:
Originally posted by: alby
Can he not play the 3? I've always thought of him as a three because of his ability to shoot the ball and drive the basket..
He can play 3 or 4. Whether he starts over Gooden or comes off the bench remains to be seen, but he will get 30 minutes a game regardless. Since Hughes isn't much of a 3P shooter, he is a great compliment to that signing.

Old 07-19-2005, 05:58 PM   #8
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

So why can't they play Hughes, Lebron, Marshall, Gooden, Z as the starting lineup?

Contact Me
Old 07-19-2005, 08:03 PM   #9
echo

Quote:
Originally posted by: alby
So why can't they play Hughes, Lebron, Marshall, Gooden, Z as the starting lineup?
I guess they could although Hughes isn't a pure PG. Bron can play anywhere!! He's that good. Unless they sign Jaric, I anticipate Snow starting at PG and either Marshall or Gooden coming off the bench for scoring.

Old 07-19-2005, 10:19 PM   #10
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Cleveland still might try to trade Gooden +? for a true point.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 11:03 PM   #11
alby
Guru

would gooden be that athletic big guy we need?

Contact Me
Old 07-20-2005, 01:37 AM   #12
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Alby- No. They're talking about trying to get rid of him b/c they don't think he's a good defender. And even if he was, He can't play the 5. He's like Marshall, a 3 or 4 player.

I think now that the Cavs will go as far as Lebron can carry them.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 10:19 AM   #13
alby
Guru

They should finish between 4th place to 7th place in the east this year.

Contact Me