Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-24-2005, 10:11 PM   #1
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice
Default Pistons, Suns and Fin.

The pistons signed Marice Evans to a 4.5 million dollar offer sheet. Finley's chances with the Pistons over.

The Suns are about to complete a trade for the Pacers James Jones. Fin must have said no to the Suns or they aren't very interested in him after all.

Will Fin sign with Miami or San Antonio ? The top two contenders for an NBA title.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2005, 10:59 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Pistons, Suns and Fin.

All the Suns could offer him was the vet minimum. He will go to Miami.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 11:07 PM   #3
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Serious? Please provide the details of this trade.

By the way, I can't see how this at all diminishes the chances of Fin signing there. If anything, I think it increases them.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 11:13 PM   #4
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, I see that the Suns are only giving their trade exception for him. I still believe that this makes them only more likely to sign Fin. I believe that Fin would rather sign with the Suns, all being equal, but that he wants to win a ring first and foremost. This extra bit of depth helps them along those lines.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 11:14 PM   #5
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

The James Jones trade won't effect Finley from what I understand. It's a 4 year deal and should be done on Friday. They're waiting for Joe Johnson to get his physical. The deal was in place before they met with Finley so the Suns must want him still. They wouldn't have sent the crew and spend 2 hours convincing him to sign if they weren't interested.

I'm starting to think he returns to Phoenix.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:54 AM   #6
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

The Suns have Bell, Jackson, Marion, Diaw, and now Jones. Much to some people's dismay, he's not going to Pheonix.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 09:13 AM   #7
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Pistons, Suns and Fin.

Fin's been helping San Antonion win playoff games for years. He might as well suit up for them.

(sorry I haven't been reading a lot. That line's probably been thrown out a few times already [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] )

Of course, maybe he'll go east and help win a few games for Indiana.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 12:22 PM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

'cept in 2002-2003 after Dirk went down-- Finley single-handedly kept San Antonio from having an easy stroll into the finals.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 12:45 PM   #9
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
All the Suns could offer him was the vet minimum. He will go to Miami.
Lets hope
Old 08-25-2005, 06:17 PM   #10
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough

I just had the most amazing idea...Okay...If the Suns get Fin, then they can try to trade for Jason Kidd and then they can try to coax Sir Charles out of retirement...An ex-suns reunion! Are ya feelin' it?
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 08:04 PM   #11
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash13
The Suns have Bell, Jackson, Marion, Diaw, and now Jones. Much to some people's dismay, he's not going to Pheonix.
What do these players have to do anything? Phoenix still wants Fin and he is being offered the starting job.

from the az repub about the meeting in Chicago:

Bell, who played a season in Dallas with Finley, said the group expressed how similar Phoenix's system is to the one Finley thrived in when Don Nelson was Dallas' coach.

"Robert, Bryan and Mike put up a strong argument for why we need him and why he'd be a great fit," Bell said.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 08:06 PM   #12
jfossee

jfossee is on a distinguished road

The run and gun offense that Phoenix runs will only allow them to sniff the 2nd round or WC finals. Finley experienced that offense under nellie and look where that got them. Nash is a year older and Qrich and JJ are gone....not the same team...Fin goes to Miami.
jfossee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 08:12 PM   #13
jfossee

jfossee is on a distinguished road

True. If Miami is interested in a guy who chokes during the playoffs and is scared to take it to the rack, then Fin is their man!
jfossee is offline   Reply With Quote