Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 12-24-2002, 01:27 PM   #1
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

Base Line Guy is on a distinguished road

SSMS has it's annual winter meeting this afternoon @ 4pm. As a member, I just wanted to remind you guys out there about this and how to be more efficient.

As I'm sure you know, SSMS meets 2 hours before a mall near you closes on Christmas Eve to get all our shopping done. We don't have time for this secret society to have a secret handshake or anything, so if you single guys can just keep it to a simple head nod while passing each other, we are sure to have another successful outing again this year. For those who have forgotten protocall on this head nod, it's correct to nod the head in a downward motion, as if to say, "You too, huh?" The head nod in an upward motion usually happens with 15 minutes or less till the mall closes as if to say, "OH SHIT, PLEASE TELL ME WHERE YOU BOUGHT YOUR LAST GIFT." In this case a simple point in the direction of the last purchase by the passing single guy member. It's up to you to get to that store, b/c no words are spoken between Male members, no time. HOWEVER, words are expected using 5 words or less to any friendly female associate when trying to purchase a gift for our loved ones. IE- "Size 1 in black, please!!" In this case, express a look of desperation and total confusion to gain the sympathy of that very friendly female associate. She will take over from there and pull things off the shelf, and you just choose the color.

Words of wisdom:
Park in valet! Money can not be a big issue this time a year, at least $5 won't be, so use the valet. Utilize things that are displayed as opposed to things you have to dig for. You're only digging your own grave if you have to search. The friendly female associate is there to help, use her. Carry the credit card you will be using in your front pocket instead of your wallet. Too much time spent pulling the wallet out every 5 minutes, so we suggest using pocket no.5 on your favorite pair of jeans. Did you know you have a pocket no.5? It's the very small pocket inside the right pocket. It holds a credit card PERFECTLY for quick and easy access. Carry a mall map as stopping and asking eats up your time as well. If you're hungry, DO NOT stop in at the food court. Many SSMS members have lost the game by doing so. You must rely on whatever candy dish is out at the department store you are in. Only grab a snack if you have just signed the credit card slip and it's in pocket no.5 while the friendly female associate is bagging your gifts. This will give you a little sugar lift and add some pep in your step until the next purchase. If you become thirsty, DO NOT STOP and get a drink. I know it's hard, but remember what it takes to succeed and you'll be fine. Pull out the mall map WHILE WALKING, DON'T STOP. Instead, just point out a female soap and etc. store like Origins or Avada. They never fail at having a sample of their iced tea in a small cup and always stand in front of the store, careful not to be in the mall while passing out this gem. Treat this like mile 18 in a marathon. Don't stop, don't chat, just grab the 2oz sample of tea and in this case, you may use the head nod. If you are inside the 15 minute warning, use the upward head nod and a seasoned friendly female associate will generally recognize this as an expression of help and pull you in and offer up suggestions instantly. Pick a smell or flavor and always add a candle, have her carry it to the counter while you reach into pocket no.5 and hand over the CC. A good shopper knows to have the CC in the associates hands before she gets to her counter to ring you up. This will save you 2 minutes at EVERY STOP.

Happy hunting and good luck. If you see me, please give the head nod or if your running out of time, give me an upward head nod and I will point to help you.

Base Line Guy
Old 12-24-2002, 06:26 PM   #2
j.dilly

j.dilly is on a distinguished road

<<<<Give the upward head nod as if saying: "Sup bro, it's Christmas?"

Like to run? Fast? www.dyestat.com
j.dilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 12:27 AM   #3
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Some damn fine advice BLG

MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 02:35 PM   #4
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Great.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 11:12 AM   #5
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough
Default RE:The Secret Single Male Society set to meet today - Christmas EVE

Thought I'd bump this thread as some of you may need this advice this year.

Happy Holidays Everyone!
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 12:33 PM   #6
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

BUMP!....

EVERY GUY NEEDS TO SEE THIS........

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 10:47 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: The Secret Single Male Society set to meet today - Christmas EVE

wow. An oldie but a goodie.....
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 10:48 AM   #8
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

bump

I wonder what happened to base line guy?
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 07:49 PM   #9
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Alright guys, own up...how many of you waited until Christmas Eve to shop this year? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 05:14 PM   #10
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of
Default Go shopping now you bums!

Bumping this so y'all can get in early and send me all my Christmas presents!

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote