Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-21-2006, 01:04 AM   #1
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Official Mavericks vs Clippers Thread (2/21/06)

Go Mavs! Lets start the post All-Star Break with a convincing win
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2006, 01:06 AM   #2
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Better be #42 cuz I got tix to this mofo. Mavs win by way of Dirk showing us all why he's the MVP.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:29 AM   #3
Jet Terry

Jet Terry will become famous soon enough

I say the mavs win this game but the clippers are a tough matchup. Maybe not as much since Simmons left though. Prediction: 100-88.
Jet Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:26 AM   #4
sp3nc3r13

sp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nice

Take it home

105-92 Mavs
Old 02-21-2006, 09:52 AM   #5
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Useless factoid:

In the previous six seasons the Mavs are 2-4 in the game following the All-Star break. This will be the first time the Mavs will play this game at home since the 99/00 season when they lost to the Bucks.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:57 AM   #6
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

101-81
Old 02-21-2006, 11:04 AM   #7
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

The Mavs make it #42 by shutting down #42 (Brand)
Old 02-21-2006, 12:33 PM   #8
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

Mavs 107
Clippers 102
Old 02-21-2006, 12:57 PM   #9
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

all the posters that are posting a score and that's it... that's seriously lame

yeah let's just slap a couple of numbers next to each other and pretend to be Nostradamus until the game ends and we find out that we were totally wrong and therefore we wasted our time posting a silly ass prediction.

k i'm done.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:00 PM   #10
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithXx
The Mavs make it #42 by shutting down #42 (Brand)
sp your first post wasn't seriously lame? Theres nothing to really talk about until they play, or we can make guesses about what will happen in the game, but isn't that the same as posting a score?
Old 02-21-2006, 01:03 PM   #11
WraithXx
Diamond Member

Mavs more
Clippers less

Last edited by WraithXx; 02-21-2006 at 01:10 PM.
WraithXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:12 PM   #12
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

ok, here is my feble attempt at analysis.
I think the Clips are a sub par team that has some good talented palyers, but just can't seem to get it together to beat the elite teams in the league. I think once they get Corey back, they could be really good. I also think they need another center. Kamaan does well, but when he leaves the game, I guess they let Elton run the 5. They need to keep him at the 4. I think the Mavs overmatch the Clips is every position because mainly of their depth. I think they continue the blowout streak and beat the Clips by at least 20.

Last edited by sixeightmkw; 02-21-2006 at 01:12 PM.
sixeightmkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:13 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

db.com is the intellectual equivalent of a cold poo that lost it's steam.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:14 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Elton Brand will have a good game tonight. And despite that the Mavs will win 96-91.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:05 PM   #15
WraithXx
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
ok, here is my feble attempt at analysis.
I think the Clips are a sub par team that has some good talented palyers, but just can't seem to get it together to beat the elite teams in the league. I think once they get Corey back, they could be really good. I also think they need another center. Kamaan does well, but when he leaves the game, I guess they let Elton run the 5. They need to keep him at the 4. I think the Mavs overmatch the Clips is every position because mainly of their depth. I think they continue the blowout streak and beat the Clips by at least 20.
bravo, now you're talkin
Old 02-21-2006, 02:06 PM   #16
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithXx
all the posters that are posting a score and that's it... that's seriously lame

yeah let's just slap a couple of numbers next to each other and pretend to be Nostradamus until the game ends and we find out that we were totally wrong and therefore we wasted our time posting a silly ass prediction.

k i'm done.
This is a GDT. Its here for the enjoyment of the posters on this board and those who wish to participate in it. Part of the fun is predicting scores - nobody takes it too seriously.

If its something you think is lame, or do not enjoy - then nobody is forcing you to participate. All you have done here is make yourself look like an ass.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 02:08 PM   #17
WraithXx
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
All you have done here is make yourself look like an ass.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:14 PM   #18
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

good one, haha.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:18 PM   #19
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
db.com is the intellectual equivalent of a cold poo that lost it's steam.
DrBio.com?

Mavs 108 - 102 Clips

I think Brand will probably have a big game, we've historically had a problem with stopping or even slowing down the opposing team's PFs (most recent memory would be Kenyon Martin going off on us). That's just a facet of Dirk's game that needs work and I think Brand will have a strong game against us. That being said, we're still going to make the Clippers our b*tches. Game on.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 02:25 PM   #20
Jet Terry

Jet Terry will become famous soon enough

dallasbasketball is actually a good site but the skin sucks. I like it that people aren't afraid to say certain things about their team but I could see why it bothers ultra sensitive mavs fans like you. This site has a better format and skin though and has a much more active posters in the game thread.

Last edited by Jet Terry; 02-21-2006 at 02:27 PM.
Jet Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 02:27 PM   #21
WraithXx
Diamond Member

db has more threads, this site has more substance

a glaring flaw in both boards: they both contain Murphy3

jk.

Last edited by WraithXx; 02-21-2006 at 02:27 PM.
WraithXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 02:32 PM   #22
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

This will be the first game with me in attendance since Kobe's ridiculous game where Kobe hit that last second off balance three pointer to take the lead and basically win the game. Which, I am sure, means they will lose.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 05:42 PM   #23
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs 104-92
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 05:58 PM   #24
WraithXx
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Mavs 104-92
ah, to spite me I see...

you can expect to see a horse's head on your bed sometime in the near future, underling...
Old 02-21-2006, 06:05 PM   #25
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

We have better guards. We have better forwards. We have better centers. I think you catch my drift.

Dallas 96, LA Clippaz 85
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 06:07 PM   #26
Drbio
Banned

What is the over/under on sports related posts for Wraith tonight? How about the non-sports related ones?
Old 02-21-2006, 06:08 PM   #27
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Dallas 97
Clippers 89

[WraithXx obligatory explanation] Dirk >>>>>>>>>>> Clippers [/WraithXx obligatory explanation]

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 02-21-2006 at 06:10 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 06:14 PM   #28
WraithXx
Diamond Member

Drbio, about half my posts will be in relation to the extreme ugliness of a certain Kaman, 40% will be arguing with other posters about idiotic opinions of theirs, and I'd say a good 10% or so will be actual game-related posting.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:45 PM   #29
DirtyNashty

DirtyNashty will become famous soon enoughDirtyNashty will become famous soon enough

Howdy Mavs Fans! I have a question for the board. Does anyone know the row designations for section 102 in AAC? I would like to know how many rows up row C would be. Do they start with A in that section, or are there some double letter rows in front of it? I cannot tell by the seating map, and I am hoping to see one last game there before moving to the land of crappy sports.
DirtyNashty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:00 PM   #30
Mavfan + Ravenfan

Mavfan + Ravenfan is on a distinguished road

First time poster, 6 year mav fan. I'll take the mavs 104 to 86. Unless brand works the high post this game I think he will struggle with the our bigger and stronger centers.
When we was eight, we went to Bat Day to see the Yanks
In Sixty-Nine, his father and mines, they robbed banks
He pointed to the charm on his neck
With his last bit of energy left, told me rock it with respect
I opened it, seen the god holdin his kids
Photogenic, tears just burst out my wig

AKA-wu banga at db.com
AKA-mavsravensfanatic at scout.com
Mavfan + Ravenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:22 PM   #31
Drbio
Banned

Ravens?

Welcome to the board anyhow....
Old 02-21-2006, 08:26 PM   #32
Mavfan + Ravenfan

Its crazy isn't it, A ravens fan born in Cincinnati.

AKA-wu banga at db.com
Old 02-21-2006, 08:27 PM   #33
Drbio
Banned

As long as you overcame all that wierdness by coming around to the Mavs it will be ok.

Glad to have you here.

Last edited by Drbio; 02-21-2006 at 08:27 PM.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:40 PM   #34
Mavfan + Ravenfan

quick question, can we use profanity in or posts?

AKA-wu banga at db.com
Old 02-21-2006, 08:46 PM   #35
Drbio
Banned

Limited...no f-words or gd please.....

Griff just made Kaman his bitch.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:47 PM   #36
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

kaman looks like a red headed yedi
Old 02-21-2006, 08:49 PM   #37
Drbio
Banned

Kaman is one ugly mofo.

The Mavs look like the break hasn't slowed them down. Very nice start.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:51 PM   #38
Drbio
Banned

Josh Howard has been a damn stud so far. Great start for JHo.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:51 PM   #39
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Locked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to behold

Dirk has got to clear the board on those.

Get up.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:52 PM   #40
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

Howards kickin ass and takin names