Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-18-2006, 07:51 PM   #1
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all
Default Fixed Games in the NBA

I watched the video by hitting pause several times. Jason did swat at Finley at least twice, but it was like swatting something away from you, like a damn fly and Jet is a man, so yes his fist was balled up. He didn't "sucker punch" or grab Finley and there was nothing malicious about the swat, other than "get the hell off of me". This is an unwarranted suspension, hands down! When Finley was here, I had the uptmost respect for him and how he carried himself, but during this series, I have witnessed things from the Spurs organization, that I had never imagined, specifically, Tim Duncan, Popovich and now Finley. Am I pissed? You fucking right I am! And, Pops actually submitted the video tape to the league? What a sissy! I have lost all respect for him. Like Phil Jackson, wouldn't you want all your opponents players on the floor when you win the series, NOT!? What a weak azz coach. But, it's called desperation; people do desperate things and the Spurs are just that, DESPERATE! The MAVS are the better team and the SPURS know it. In the end, this is not even about Jason Terry; this is a FIXED NBA GAME. ALL ABOUT THE BENJAMIN BABY!!! Still, the Mavs will win Friday and I hope the Mavs come out with headbands and knee-high socks in honor of their JET...Go Mavericks!

Last edited by She_Growls; 05-18-2006 at 07:55 PM.
She_Growls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2006, 08:13 PM   #2
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

i am speechless, i cant believe what is going on here, we can still take it right? this is my second post ever, we can still win it, its karma now right?
mav4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:08 PM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav4ever
i am speechless, i cant believe what is going on here, we can still take it right? this is my second post ever, we can still win it, its karma now right?
Chill out grasshopper. First there is white-hot rage, then quiet and lethal determination. We have to get through the first stage to get to the second.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:22 PM   #4
allahu akbar
Banned

allahu akbar is an unknown quantity at this point

Lol, wait, what happened?

I thought the complaining and conspiracy theories something that spurs fans did?

Lol ya'll proving quite the hypocrites lately.
allahu akbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:23 PM   #5
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by allahu akbar

I thought the complaining and conspiracy theories something that spurs fans did?

Get your asterisk loving troll self home to momma.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:26 PM   #6
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

WHAT THE F ARE YOU STILL DOING HERE?

GET THE F OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 05-18-2006 at 11:19 PM.
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:30 PM   #7
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all

Quote:

Best Wishes to you and your Spurs. First Ron Artest, uhm? and now JET, uhm?...well, just don't know what to think here. Mavs 98-90. Good Luck and Good Night, JackAZZ.

Last edited by She_Growls; 05-18-2006 at 10:31 PM.
She_Growls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:56 PM   #8
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

thx dude, i just needed a good slap, now im back, and u couldnt be more right. ive been a mavs fan for 20 yrs, i shouldnt be worried, even with jet on the bench, these are the best mavs ive ever seen (yes, better than the 2 western finals teams) so i will chill.
mav4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:08 PM   #9
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

WTF? You've lost all your respect for Finley? As if he had a say in whether or not the league should review the punch. If it wasn't Finley who called the league it would've been Pop or someone else from the Spurs organization. He's shown nothing but class and respect towards this franchise regardless of the boo's and backturning done by fans. You've got to be kidding me. Let's remember had JET not made a fist he wouldn't even be suspended. No one put JET in that situation. Its his fault leave it as that. Let's move on. Though its going to be more challenging to win without JET let's remember we are the ones up 3-2. Not the Spurs. They're playing with their backs to the wall and in a way we are too because we don't want to have to go to a game 7. Don't lose faith in the Mavs yet. They've given 100% every night in this series and you can't ask for much more than that.

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 05-18-2006 at 11:11 PM.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:15 PM   #10
coolbreeze32

coolbreeze32 is on a distinguished road

this is my first post but honestly, Finley was a big baby when it happened. If you watch the replay, Finley got up pointing and shaking his finger at JT like kids do when they are going to go tell on you. It was hilarious to me. Honestly it was sheisty by the Spurs submitting the tape. Even Stu Jackson said regular tape didn't show it and they had to find various angles. Lastly, the newspaper this morning showed how the game beat out American Idol and Lost last night. Amercian Idol beat out the olympics so that was definately big for a game that was only on cable/satellite. the ratings are now going to go through the roof. Wonderful for the league. Confusion and possibly a game 7, they couldn't ask for more. Is it right?.......Hell NO!!
Old 05-18-2006, 11:20 PM   #11
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Like Rasheed said: "Every time we got close, there was some bull. That leads me to think some other things, but I'm not going to say what those things are."

The league is definitely fixed, it's all just entertainment.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:22 PM   #12
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

The league's fixed? That may be true but how does that pertain to the topic at hand? You have to show me where the league made Terry tighten up his fist and punch Finley. In the tape I don't see any sign of the league.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:27 PM   #13
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

there is absolutely laughable inconsistency in reffing in the NBA, but good teams win with more reffing scenarios than others. When a horrible reffing job coincides with two really evenly matched teams, the reffing determines the outcome. The NBA definitely likes some matchups better than others, and likes a close game.

That said, the Mavs have driven the Spurs to the point of second round elimination, despite questionable calls. The Mavs are better than the Spurs and will close out the series tomorrow. I called it early this week. The Mavs are just too talented, and the Spurs are just too slow.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote