Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-20-2006, 12:16 AM   #1
JustReading
Banned

JustReading is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Im through with the NBA....

I've been one of the biggest NBA, and Mavs fans my whole life. Hoewever, after tonight im done, I just don't think i can do it anymore. The NBA simply will not let the Mavs win, they'll do anything and everything to keep them from winning. The officiating in game 5, and tonight, plus the Terry suspension is just too much. The NBA will not let Dirk win. The no call on the Dirk putback, the no call on Dirk being shoved repeadetly by fin before the three, and the no call where Howard was going for the rebound sealed it. The NBA cheats, the Spurs cheat, they won't let the Mavs win Game 7, I give up on it. F' you stern, F' you Granik, F' you Dan Crawford, F you all.
JustReading is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2006, 12:19 AM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Good riddance. Enjoy womens softball.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:19 AM   #3
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

go to bed baby.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:21 AM   #4
JustReading
Banned

Are you denying the refs were awful tonight?
Are you denying the refs were awful in game 5?
Are you denying the Terry suspension was a joke?
Old 05-20-2006, 12:21 AM   #5
knash999

knash999 will become famous soon enoughknash999 will become famous soon enough

shut up. We played like crap (except Dirk) that's why we lost. no excuses. we'll come back monday and win.
knash999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:21 AM   #6
Drbio
Banned

People be warned. The membership here will not allow you to whine. You will get called out. We do not whine here. The game tonight was a loss. Period. We either win the next one or we do not, but whining about refs, etc ain't going to fly here and we will tell you about it.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:22 AM   #7
Movie Phone

Movie Phone will become famous soon enough

dont whine man. its all good. we'll get em on monday. everyone is sayin theres so much pressure on the mavs. i disagree. the spurs are the defending champs. if they lose, they're screwed. u guys WE GOT THIS. now we got terry back, dirk is gonna continue his streak, and devin will get back to his normal self. the mavs will win game 7. avery will have them ready.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:23 AM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

The refs didn't lose this game. The Mavs starting guards and SF lost this game.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:23 AM   #9
JustReading
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
People be warned. The membership here will not allow you to whine. You will get called out. We do not whine here. The game tonight was a loss. Period. We either win the next one or we do not, but whining about refs, etc ain't going to fly here and we will tell you about it.
So I guess you'd dislike Avery posting here? Its not whinning, it is what it is!
Old 05-20-2006, 12:24 AM   #10
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustReading
Are you denying the refs were awful tonight?
Are you denying the refs were awful in game 5?
Are you denying the Terry suspension was a joke?
I think they are saying you had too much sugar and/or alcohol and now are messed up. We are all messed up right now. The calls have been inconsistent and poor the majority of the series, but when you come out and say how bad they are after a loss, you look just as bad as the spurs fans when they do it.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:24 AM   #11
JustReading
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
The refs didn't lose this game. The Mavs starting guards and SF lost this game.
they sure did, but if the refs are semi-fair, we still win.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:27 AM   #12
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
So I guess you'd dislike Avery posting here? Its not whinning, it is what it is!
It is whining and the crutch of pussies. If you want to whine like a spur bitch then go to their board or to mavtalk.

We lost to a good team who executed better than we did. Period. We did not execute. Save Dirk, our players laid an egg. Do not whine and make excuses. You are spinning your wheels and showing you nothing about basketball if you do that.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:28 AM   #13
joemama

joemama is on a distinguished road

you ladies have a lot to learn... refs were fair tonite... bad calls both ways. gl in game 7
ex intruder...
joemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:33 AM   #14
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I have no problem with the refs tonight. I thought the game was very fairly called.

My problem is with the Maverick players and coaches. They blew it.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:33 AM   #15
JustReading
Banned

Quote:
It is whining and the crutch of pussies. If you want to whine like a spur bitch then go to their board or to mavtalk.

We lost to a good team who executed better than we did. Period. We did not execute. Save Dirk, our players laid an egg. Do not whine and make excuses. You are spinning your wheels and showing you nothing about basketball if you do that.
The refs were bad tonight, thats a FACT. You can't argue they favored the Spurs.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:35 AM   #16
Drbio
Banned

It is not a fact. It is the excuse of pussies and a crutch of losers. Again, if you want to whine like a bitch....take it somewhere else. We are not going to stand for whining like spurs trolls. The spurs executed better than we did and we played like shit except for Dirk. You saying it over and over won't change that.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:36 AM   #17
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

we win this game if the following two things don't happen:

harris doesn't miss WIDE OPEN layups.

howard doesn't take dumb-ass jumpers on 1-on-3 "fast breaks"

of, and if stackhouse didn't suck.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:36 AM   #18
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

In the improvised words of the immortal group, Milli Vanilli, "Blame it on the rain, yeah, yeah. Blame it on the stars, that shine at night. Whatever you do, don't put the blame on the Mavericks. Blame it on the rain, yeah, yeah."
jleefilled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:40 AM   #19
JustReading
Banned

Quote:
It is not a fact. It is the excuse of pussies and a crutch of losers. Again, if you want to whine like a bitch....take it somewhere else. We are not going to stand for whining like spurs trolls. The spurs executed better than we did and we played like shit except for Dirk. You saying it over and over won't change that.

You don't have a clue, im through with you too.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:42 AM   #20
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
You don't have a clue, im through with you too.
You are an idiot. You obviously lack any basketball intelligence and only want to whine and make excuses. You'd make a fine spurts fan.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:49 AM   #21
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Many, and probably most of the fools who are whining and bitching, and calling out other Mavs fans because their favorite current era Mavs didn't perform the way they wanted them to tonight, or are blaming refs, were probably not around to see much of the losingest decade in the history of all professional sports that the 1990's Dallas Mavericks had the unhappy distinction of producing.

Tonight's and last Wednesday's games were both horribly disapointing, but I believe that Dirk, Josh, JET, Stack and co. will be able to regroup and grab history by it's skinny, knobby throat this coming Monday, and furthermore, I sure as hell know that things are not nearly so bad for this franchise as many shallow, bandwagon, non-90's Mavs fans seem to currently think they are. They just weren't here for the bad times, so it's no surprise that they are so easily disapointed by the slings and arrows that assail all teams that are able to challenge or dare to ascend to the lofty summits of Championship. WE WILL WIN ON MONDAY, whether newcoming, bandwagoneer poontangs Believe it or not. Go Mavs and Huzzzaaahhh for the Blue and Green!!!!

NEVER SAY DIE!!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2006, 12:51 AM   #22
Drbio
Banned

Good call Evil.....good call.....
Old 05-20-2006, 12:52 AM   #23
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Peace out. We'll miss you. No we won't. BTW, let's see how through you will be with the NBA when the Mavs win game 7.

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 05-20-2006 at 12:52 AM.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:52 AM   #24
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
...I sure as hell know that things are not nearly so bad for this franchise as many shallow, bandwagon, non-90's Mavs fans seem to currently think they are. They just weren't here for the bad times, so it's no surprise that they are so easily disapointed by the slings and arrows that assail all teams that are able to challenge or dare to ascend to the lofty summits of Championship. WE WILL WIN ON MONDAY, whether newcoming, bandwagoneer poontangs Believe it or not. Go Mavs and Huzzzaaahhh for the Blue and Green!!!!
True that...Remember the year of 12 wins? Jim Jackson's ankle? Scotty Brooks?
Old 05-20-2006, 12:53 AM   #25
JustReading
Banned

the nba will not let us, book it.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:55 AM   #26
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Another whine....loser mentality is rampant tonight.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:55 AM   #27
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Good riddance. Enjoy womens softball.
I'm sorry, Doc. I'm just sorry, but surely you didn't mean this. If I've ever seen a group who argued calls, it was those high-strung, testoterone-driven womens softball players. Those girls will cut your nuts off. I'm not talking about a Jason Terry jab. I'm talking about a kitchen knife, straight across your crotch. Those girls mean business.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:57 AM   #28
Drbio
Banned

Well....he was psoting like a puss and I know how much some of the softball players like.....nevermind. If he is quitting basketball he needs a girl sport to cheer for. I was just trying to help.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:23 AM   #29
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

The NBA and America got what they wanted, a game 7... The Mavs could win it, but they have to play the game of their lives (all of them).
Old 05-20-2006, 11:35 AM   #30
xmiltsx

xmiltsx is on a distinguished road

how the hell can you say the nba doesnt want the mavs to win when

1. dallas has a larger tv market than san antonio which means more money for the nba
and
2. duncan had 5 fouls last night while dirk had 1

sean elliott said last night that dirk has reached larry bird status, no fouls called on him, but the slightest bump called against his defender.
xmiltsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:17 PM   #31
knash999

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmiltsx
how the hell can you say the nba doesnt want the mavs to win when

1. dallas has a larger tv market than san antonio which means more money for the nba
and
2. duncan had 5 fouls last night while dirk had 1

sean elliott said last night that dirk has reached larry bird status, no fouls called on him, but the slightest bump called against his defender.
last time I checked France and Argentina are also quite big markets. And imo Dirk is not quite as big in Germany as these two, because he is no flashy guard.

as for national popularity of the San Antonio franchise, the all-star voting results should be a pretty good indication about the popularity of the san antonio players vs. dallas:

San Antonio:
Tim Duncan (S.A.) 456,017
Tony Parker (S.A.) 158,326
Manu Ginobili (S.A.) 226,875

Dallas:
Dirk Nowitzki (Dal.) 208,555

in a year were Dirk was a frontrunner for MVP, while Duncan had his worst season ever.

as for Dirk not getting any fouls called against him:

career average: 2.7 fouls per game.
playoffs: 3.2
this year: 2.9
this series: 2.8

but why bother with facts.

Last edited by knash999; 05-20-2006 at 12:23 PM.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:29 PM   #32
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Sigh. If you think the Mavs lost last night because of some conspiracy done by the league you are a damn fool. No way you can come out of that game thinking that. Not the way this team executed when Duncan was out of the game. Easily could've had a double digit lead going into the half but instead we had a single digit lead.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:35 PM   #33
knash999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
Sigh. If you think the Mavs lost last night because of some conspiracy done by the league you are a damn fool. No way you can come out of that game thinking that. Not the way this team executed when Duncan was out of the game. Easily could've had a double digit lead going into the half but instead we had a single digit lead.
just to make that clear. I don't believe for a second that the game was fixed in any way. I was merely arguing against xmiltsx's points.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:11 PM   #34
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

No I got what you were referring to. As far as Dirk becoming the Larry Bird of the NBA I have yet to see it. The reason for him not getting in foul trouble is because he's not our 5. Duncan gets in foul trouble because he's the guy left to contest shots in the paint.
Old 05-20-2006, 08:17 PM   #35
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Dude, give it a break. The series isn't even over yet. Now what will you say if Dallas wins on Monday?

How are you sure the NBA won't let us win? Because Stackhouse missed a buttload of stupid shots? Because Dampier got owned by TD? Because Devin Harris played like Stephon Marbury on a bad night?

Be reasonable. It was a 3-point game until the final seconds, and that scenario could have gone either way. The spurs made the plays when it counted, and won. The NBA had nothing to do with that. Don't be a homer.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 08:52 PM   #36
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

the next game that is going to be fixed (if there is any) will be Cavs-Pistons

Wade against LeBron is just too tempting of a match-up. Who cares about local TV markets? Those two media darlings will make for a good rivalry of GLOBAL proportions for years to come. Individual stars with monster performances is what the people want to see. Not grind it out defense played by a team with no real star. Detroit is doomed...

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”

Last edited by twelli; 05-20-2006 at 08:53 PM.
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:43 AM   #37
big_pth
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli

Wade against LeBron is just too tempting of a match-up. Who cares about local TV markets? Those two media darlings will make for a good rivalry of GLOBAL proportions for years to come. Individual stars with monster performances is what the people want to see. Not grind it out defense played by a team with no real star. Detroit is doomed...
There went that...
Old 05-22-2006, 12:33 PM   #38
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli

Who killed J.R.?
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote