Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-25-2002, 10:57 AM   #1
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

So I go into a Friday's for dinner to use a gift certificate I got about a year ago and I noticed the waiters no longer have pieces of flare. What is up with that? Coincidentally, the service sucked.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2002, 12:35 PM   #2
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I was at a Friday's on Saturday drinking and watching college hoops with some friends. They had corporate in the store to do a "unit review". It was great. The cooks had to cook everything on the menu, and the bartenders had to make all kinds of crazy drinks. Of course, lucky customers were then chosen to drink/eat all the test results. We drank all day and ate all we could eat, and our bill was only about $14.00!
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 04:10 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Man I always get the worst damn service at Fridays, yet I keep going back. The one on Park/75 is where I usually go, and the service just gets worse and worse each time I go.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 04:23 PM   #4
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

one of my friends works at that one and says the management is getting worse while the food is getting better...
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 04:25 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

friday's does have better food..the service has always sucked..been there several times and i've never walked out thinking "that was good service"

i'm glad they got rid of alot of the flair.. at least some of the waiters and waitresses take their job a bit more serious now..not near as obnoxious as they used to be
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 04:35 PM   #6
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

I was discussing this with my wife at the Fridays on Park/75. The same applies to Chili's/On the Border.

Fridays' is owned by Carlson Restaurants, a Dallas Company and Chili's/On the Border are owned by Brinker International, also a Dallas company. Doesn't it stand to reason that the closer you are to the home office, the better the service and food are? I mean, Norman Brinker could walk into the Chili's at Knox/Henderson and set the place on fire if he wanted. But the stupid gum-smacking sixteen year-old hostess wouldn't know Norman Brinker if he bit her on the ass (he just got a divorce, so you never know what he might do). Brinker's psycho- vegan ex-wife wouldn't set foot in the damn place, much less actually eat teh food in one of those places, another fact I always found ironic.

Anyway, how can the food or service be anything but perfect at a place where the people that make the corporate decisions can walk in at anytime and fire the manager?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 07:50 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

The Fridays in Waco has to be the biggest culinary disappointment in the history of food. The service sucks beyond words and the food is only mediocre. Eat anywhere other than the Waco Fridays...it blows!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote