28. Dallas Mavericks
29. NY Knicks
30. Portland
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2006, 07:36 PM   #2
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Do we actually have a pick or do we owe it to someone?
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 07:38 PM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

What a waste for Toronto. The only guys worth a 1st pick are guys that Toronto doesnt need.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 07:38 PM   #4
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Say hello to the #1 overall pick in the 2006 draft: Andrea Bargnani.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:40 PM   #5
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Go Raptors! I love that team and i'm pretty sure they are going to draft Aldridge as it stands right now.

Tough luck for Portland though, but #4 isin't so bad considering there are easily 4 guys that could go #1.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 07:46 PM   #6
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
Go Raptors! I love that team and i'm pretty sure they are going to draft Aldridge as it stands right now.

Tough luck for Portland though, but #4 isin't so bad considering there are easily 4 guys that could go #1.
According to Chad Ford, the Raptors are close to announcing that current Benetton GM Maurizio Gherardini is coming on board as Colangelo's assistant, and that makes it hard to imagine that Toronto will pass on Bargnani. Additionally, Brian Colangelo likes to swing for the fences with his draft picks, so it's not hard to imagine that he will happiliy draft Bargnani, who many scouts believe is the most talented prospect in this draft.

Of course, Bargnani and Charlie V play the same kind of 3-4 swing position, but that's just a wrinkle that the Raptors will have to iron out later, by plugging in one of the two players in the small forward spot, or else by later executing a trade...
Old 05-23-2006, 08:06 PM   #7
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Makes sense if you put it like that, I was just basing that assumption off of what i've heard about Bosh and how he compliments the kid every chance he gets. He would feel a lot better about signing an extension with his boy whom hes played with in highschool on board and like has the size to be a center (with post game!). Toronto hasn't had that in a long time.

Obviously not my call but Bargnani could be a major bust for a GM who hasn't been there too long and is trying to make a good impression and fix years of Rob Babcock terror, i'd stick with what I know. Scouts can seriously misjudge talent... I mean theres limitless examples of that, Raps new GM shouldn't gamble too much whereas the #2 Bulls are already a playoff caliber team so they can be a little more flexible.

Trading the pic isin't out of the question either.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 08:10 PM   #8
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

So who do you think we will pick?

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 08:25 PM   #9
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
So who do you think we will pick?
I can't imagine that Dallas would ever pass on Saer Sene if he falls to us (and in fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see us trade up for the young big man), but otherwise I'd guess that we'd probably opt to draft an athletic, defensively skilled point guard like Quincy Douby, Rajon Rondo, or especially the fiery Kyle Lowry if any of them are still on the board when we make our selection...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 05-23-2006 at 08:28 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 08:27 PM   #10
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
I can't imagine that Dallas would ever pass on Saer Sene if he falls to us, but otherwise I would not be at all surprised to see Dallas go for an athletic, defensively skilled point guard like Quincy Douby, Rajon Rondo, or especially the fiery Kyle Lowry if they are still on the board when we make our selection...
Thanks, which is most likely?

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 05-23-2006, 08:43 PM   #11
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Poeple are saying tht this draft is not a good one and that there are not good players in it. But i think this is one of those drafts that will produce a really great player that no one expects.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 08:43 PM   #12
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Thanks, which is most likely?
I have a feeling that even with Diop, Damp, DJ, and Pavel on the roster, Donnie and Amadou Fall will really, really want to draft project big man Saer Sene. He's a legit Senegalese seven footer with a 7-8 wingspan, who is almost unbelievably athletic, has incredible natural shot-blocking and rebounding instincts, and is reputed to be an incredibly hard working, very coachable kid. My bet is that we will trade up to draft him unless his stock rises too high in coming weeks...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 05-23-2006 at 08:43 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:44 PM   #13
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
I have a feeling that even with Diop, Damp, DJ, and Pavel on the roster, Donnie and Amadou Fall will really, really want to draft project big man Saer Sene. He's a legit Senegalese seven footer with a 7-8 wingspan, who is almost unbelievably athletic, has incredible natural shot-blocking and rebounding instincts, and is reputed to be an incredibly hard working, very coachable kid. My bet is that we will trade up to draft him unless his stock rises too high in coming weeks...
So Benga will probably be leaving the Mavs then right? Either through trade or free agency if we are gonna draft this guy.

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 05-23-2006 at 08:45 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:48 PM   #14
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

NBADraft.net currently has Sene going 22 to the Nets. Do we have anything worthwhile to trade in order to move up? Is he worth it with three centers on the roster, including two who can still be considered prospects (Diop, DJ)?

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 08:50 PM   #15
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
So Benga will probably be leaving the Mavs then right? Either through trade or free agency if we are gonna draft this guy.
Possibly, but it's hard to say how many open roster spots we will have next year considering the fact that both JET and Killer are free agents, Darryl Armstrong might graduate to the coaching staff, and the braintrust might well deem either Josh Powell or Rawle Marshall more expendable than DJ. It's just too early to tell...

Additionally, Saer is represented by agent Bouna N'Diaye, who is friends with Amadou and also represents DJ, so my guess would be that if Donnie had to sacrifice one of our young players in order to open up a roster spot for Saer, then he would be more likely to drop Rawle than DJ, and I'd further bet that he would be counting on the useful role that both Diop and DJ would be capable of playing in helping to acclimate Sene to the United States and to the NBA game over the course of the next couple of seasons.

Last edited by Evilmav2; 05-23-2006 at 09:04 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:56 PM   #16
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Possibly, but it's hard to say how many open roster spots we will have next year considering the fact that both JET and Killer are free agents, Darryl Armstrong might graduate to the coaching staff, and the braintrust might well deem either Josh Powell or Rawle Marshall more expendable than DJ. It's just too early to tell...

Additionally, Saer is represented by agent Bouna N'Diaye, who is friends with Amadou and also represents DJ, so my guess would be that if Donnie had to sacrifice one of our young players in order to open up a roster spot for Saer, then he would be more likely to drop Rawle than DJ, and I'd further bet that he would be counting on the useful role that both Diop and DJ would be capable of playing in helping to acclimate Sene to the United States and to the NBA game over the course of the next couple of seasons.

I really don't think mbenga is going anywhere. If the mavs expect to continue to keep their payroll down they cannot let potential big men go unless it's a s&t for something.

I would really like to see a big man that can score a little bit. Diop/damp don't seem to really be that. If DJ can get a little more polished he can play the big role sort of like killer but can easier play D on bigs. If DJ could break into the lineup we'd have a pretty potent front line there.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 05-23-2006 at 10:03 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 10:30 PM   #17
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Yeah, its going to be an interesting offseason.

I hope Cuban doesn't tinker too much with this championship caliber team.

Old 05-24-2006, 02:44 PM   #18
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

A key need for us: someone to stop Amare Stoudamire next season.

Saer Sene looks like a perfect fit for that, and I think we should go get him.
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 06:15 PM   #19
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Both the mock drafts I've seen have us taking Kyle Lowery.

Any thoughts, how well would he fit in with this team?