Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-20-2006, 11:17 PM   #1
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all
Default Thanks for the ride...

Thanks for the ride to the finals Mavs. I would have liked a finals championship, but it was not to be. It was the greatest post season in team history and despite a crazy ending, it was worth it.

Thanks.
big_pth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2006, 11:20 PM   #2
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Great season, best team in the NBA, without a doubt.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:22 PM   #3
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

Bottom line is, we had our chance to choke this team in game 3... Honestly, I knew it was over after that comeback. And I also knew that if any of the games were close, the league would give it to the heat. I said that the only way we beat the Heat is if we blew them away.

However, we had an outstanding season, we had a thousand chances, a million opened shots, we missed all of them. If we had made half of our open shots, we would be celebrating. Thanks Mavs, I don't know if you can get back to the championship, but for whatever it's worth, thanks.

P.S. Go get another SuperStar pleaseeeeeeeeeee!!!!! We need 2 on this team.
mavsjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:23 PM   #4
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

Yes, I'm strangely at peace with this. It was a great, great season and I'm very proud of the team. It'll be tough to get back to this stage, but I hope they can do it.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:23 PM   #5
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

It breaks my heart to know that all this team went through, the ups and downs, the injuires.. finally getting over that hurdle in SA, and getting through a past player in Nash -- that the ultimate goal was not achieved. But we'll be back. Im damn proud of this team, and I know they are too.

We'll get to expirience this one day guys... our time is just not yet.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:23 PM   #6
GOMAVS41

GOMAVS41 is on a distinguished road

Thank you Dallas Mavericks! Who would nave guessed you'd make it this far. Take this loss as motivation for next year and bring it.

Thanks for an awesome season!
GOMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:27 PM   #7
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

I just took my visor off and placed it in my dresser drawers.

I just took off the Dirk jersey that I hadn't washed this entire playoff run and hung it up in the back of the closet.

It'll take me a long time to get over this. Miami proved to be a better team than I thought they were. Wade is an absolute monster, and certainly has the potential to be the best player in the NBA. It's unfortunate that I cannot make that decision right now.

The Mavs made plenty of mistakes certainly. But the officiating at the end of game 3, most of game 5, and most of game 6 was all so horrible. Maybe Miami could have won this series if the officiating was better. But, I absolutely can't give them full credit for winning the 2005-06 NBA championship. I simply can't.

But here's the good thing about sports. There's always next year.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:27 PM   #8
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Thank you, Mavericks.

133 days until next season...let the countdown begin.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:31 PM   #9
g30hd3

g30hd3 is a jewel in the roughg30hd3 is a jewel in the roughg30hd3 is a jewel in the roughg30hd3 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Mavs and everyone here! This is THE BEST NBA season so far for me and I enjoyed every sweet victory. Till next season, g30hd3 out.
g30hd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:33 PM   #10
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

IT WAS A GREAT ONE...THERES ALWAYS NEXT YEAR. SOME MINOR CHANGES NEED TO BE MADE AND IF AJ DOESNT LIKE THM HE SHOULD BE A PART OF THEM....GO MAVS.... C YA NEXT YEAR

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:33 PM   #11
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

You know, I've been pretty bummed out all week and halfway expecting the worst. It was too painful for me to watch the end of the game, but somehow this is the best I've felt in a week.

Thank you Mavs, it was awesome to knock out the Spurs, it was awesome to send Stevie Nash home, and it was awesome to see that big 'ol logo on the Mavs homecourt.

I'm obviously dissappointed in the final result, but this was way better than going out in the first and second round.

But just think...3 short months away until pre-season. Quit the NBA if you want, personally I'm looking forward to another season already.

Of course, half of what I just wrote was probably inspired by the bottle of Gin I just finished off...but I'm sure I'll still mean it in the morning.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 06-20-2006 at 11:34 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:33 PM   #12
jhoistheman

jhoistheman is on a distinguished road

I’m not sure how well received this will be, coming on the heels of what just occurred, but nevertheless, here I go. At the outset, I must identify myself as a longtime lurker of dallas-mavs.com, but rare poster. That being said, I worry about how this post may be received due to the sheer number of bandwagon posters who come and rip every single play that does not result in a Maverick bucket.

I wish that I could say that I’m happy about the Mavericks performance in this Finals. I’m not, there’s really not one game where I can say I was happy about the performance that this team put out. However, I refuse to believe that kneejerking to the point where posters and supposed fans jump overboard in the first half of games, in the third quarter, with no support and no faith in their team. When I see posters constantly attacking the performances of players like Devin Harris or Josh Howard, I can hardly fathom how long they’ve actually been watching basketball. Yes, they made horrific plays on crucial possessions, but I recall just one year ago when Devin Harris couldn’t get off the bench in the playoffs. This season, Devin plays a pivotal role in the Spurs series, helping the Mavs to knock off the Defending Champs, however, that apparently no longer matters.

I feel that the Mavericks future is brighter than their present. Dirk has consistently elevated his game, this season to an elite tier. This offseason, look for Dirk to develop a much more consistent post up game, allowing him to better decimate smaller defenders on the block. The young core of Mavericks gives me so much hope for next season, I can’t even stand it. Jho and Devin look to be stars in the making. The leaps and bounds that both players made since last season are remarkable to say the least. Even Marquis Daniels showed flashes of the talent that earned him that contract.

That being said, I worry about two very important elements of this team that I feel need to be addressed this offseason. First, the basketball IQ of this team needs massive improvements. Thankfully, some of my biggest concerns in this department will be alleviated with the departure of Keith Van Horn, who, in my opinion, is the biggest spare on the entire roster, and our version of Antoine Walker. I hope and pray that Avery spends a great deal of the offseason improving this team’s basketball IQ, which should significantly improve this team’s effectiveness. However, none of this matters without the resigning of Jason Terry. The way he’s stepped up in the playoffs to take the brunt of the offensive load when Dirk struggled is reminiscent of Nick Van Exel in the 02-03 run.

I can’t believe how far this team has come. Yes, we came up short, yes we struggled horribly in the Finals, beginning in Miami. I can’t defend the Mavericks performance at all. There’s just not any. If you want to get off the bandwagon, go ahead and leave. I believe in this team, these players, Avery, Mark, the whole organization. I believed they were still in the series until the clock went to 0:00. And I still believe that the Mavericks are more than capable of getting right back to this same spot next season. Rip me if you want. I don’t care.

Thank you Dallas Mavericks for an amazing season. One of many to come.
jhoistheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:34 PM   #13
rdbtex

rdbtex can only hope to improve

Thanks??? For embarassing the home crowd?
rdbtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:35 PM   #14
rdbtex

Mavs sucked like cheap whores
Old 06-20-2006, 11:35 PM   #15
rdbtex

worst ass whippin that a team could receive
Old 06-20-2006, 11:38 PM   #16
MavsGirl4142

MavsGirl4142 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the crazy ride. There were a whole lot of ups and downs, but it was certainly worth it in the end. I had a great time watching this team grow this season and I expect only improvement from them next season. This is a great group of guys and they'll get over this. Like Avery said, every time goes through a losing phase like this. It will only make it that much sweeter when we FINALLY do win the championship. They had a great season and don't really have anything to be ashamed about, in my opinion.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:39 PM   #17
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks mavs for giving me hoe one mroe time. Leaving for college next year so i probably wont get to see another season for a long time.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:40 PM   #18
windboy226

windboy226 is on a distinguished road

Yup, Mavs finally made it to the Finals...We have a young team and we'll break through one of these years..Great year!
windboy226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:40 PM   #19
windboy226

windboy226 is on a distinguished road

Yup, Mavs finally made it to the Finals...We have a young team and we'll break through one of these years..Great year!
windboy226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:50 PM   #20
DragonCowboy

DragonCowboy will become famous soon enough

Dallas, you fougth hard. One more year's experience for everyone should do you guys well.

Nowitzki - to me, you'll always be a superstar
Harris - I can't wait to see you shine in the future
Terry - keep on practicing that jump shot, and no more punching.
Griffin - Keep on playing well
Diop - A year's experience will make you play much better
Damp - We should have a Shaq poster put up in the stadium every time he plays. He played well against Shaq
Stackhouse - When you're on fire, we're on fire
Howard - I gotta admit, he's my favorite player. Josh, put this tough series behind you, and continue to play better, and you'll be just fine.
KVH - Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Next Year's Lineup:

PG: Harris
SG: Terry
SF: Josh
PF: Dirk
C: Diop

I would draft another guard first round. Just me though. Is JJ Redick any good guys?
Old 06-20-2006, 11:58 PM   #21
EastDallasCowboy

EastDallasCowboy has a spectacular aura aboutEastDallasCowboy has a spectacular aura about

I'm sorry.

Fuck the ride.

And fuck the Mavs for not coming through.

I've invested years in you. I've gone out of my way to defend you repeatedly. When you lost, I was the idiot calling the sports radio station to say you'd win.

I'm one of many that invested countless nights, followed by tired/hungover days for game after game......and I'm one of the many that thought this series was yours to lose.

It was, and you lost it.

So there's no nostalgia. Forever I'll look up on that WC banner in the AAC and feel that bitter taste in my mouth.

Fuck you for losing it. Fuck you for those last 6m in game 3. Fuck you for the collapse in game 4. Fuck you for blowing game 5. And double fuck you for missing game 6.

You broke my, and everyone else's heart. And there's no amount of gamesmanship or packaged answers that will forgive that. Nor, do you deserve respect. You won nothing of value.

Let me say that again. YOU WON NOTHING. You put in all that work, and won nothing. Nice job, come again. So I hope it hurts, I hope it burns you up. Because it does us, the fans. Those of us that have been with you, we feel that pain. But we couldn't change the outcome. Only you could, and you failed.

So fuck the ride. Win something.
EastDallasCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:13 AM   #22
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Why do moron bandwagoners have to disgrace this thread with their presence?

Thanks to the Mavs. Thanks for knocking off the best team in the NBA coming into this season.

Thanks for an incredible playoffs run.

Thanks to Dirk for taking his game to the next level all season.

Thanks to Josh for beginning his emergence.

Thanks to JET for coming up big just about whenever we needed him.

Thanks to Diop and Damp for giving us our most solid center presence in 10 years.

Thanks to Stack for his grit and attitude, and that freaking amazing block that could've saved the season.

Thanks to Devin for showing us glimpses of what is to come.

Thanks to Avery for instilling a defensive attitude into this team.

Thanks to Cubes for being Cubes (most of the time)

Thanks to all my fellow DM.com members for a wonderful season of posting and making the ride more enjoyable.

Remember guys, this wasn't supposed to happen this year. The Mavs are a young team on the upswing. This one hurts, but let's not forget what a special, special ride it was.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 06-21-2006 at 12:13 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:14 AM   #23
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastDallasCowboy
I'm sorry.

Fuck the ride.

And fuck the Mavs for not coming through.

I've invested years in you. I've gone out of my way to defend you repeatedly. When you lost, I was the idiot calling the sports radio station to say you'd win.

I'm one of many that invested countless nights, followed by tired/hungover days for game after game......and I'm one of the many that thought this series was yours to lose.

It was, and you lost it.

So there's no nostalgia. Forever I'll look up on that WC banner in the AAC and feel that bitter taste in my mouth.

Fuck you for losing it. Fuck you for those last 6m in game 3. Fuck you for the collapse in game 4. Fuck you for blowing game 5. And double fuck you for missing game 6.

You broke my, and everyone else's heart. And there's no amount of gamesmanship or packaged answers that will forgive that. Nor, do you deserve respect. You won nothing of value.

Let me say that again. YOU WON NOTHING. You put in all that work, and won nothing. Nice job, come again. So I hope it hurts, I hope it burns you up. Because it does us, the fans. Those of us that have been with you, we feel that pain. But we couldn't change the outcome. Only you could, and you failed.

So fuck the ride. Win something.
Good riddance to you. One extra empty seat for someone else next year.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 06-21-2006 at 12:14 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:17 AM   #24
EastDallasCowboy

EastDallasCowboy has a spectacular aura aboutEastDallasCowboy has a spectacular aura about

It's rarely supposed to happen when it does.

It does because it's special year.

And if you're calling me the bandwagoneer, well you can fuck yourself too.

The fact is, we rode this ride.....and we got nothing.

Was this a good year? Compared to the past, sure.

But we won nothig. Disappoiting.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:19 AM   #25
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Great, great season. dissappointing way to end it but it was a hell of a ride.

Anyone who thinks otherwise wasn't there for it and can kiss my ass.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 06-21-2006 at 12:19 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:20 AM   #26
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's rarely supposed to happen when it does.

It does because it's special year.

And if you're calling me the bandwagoneer, well you can fuck me too, I like it.

The fact is, we rode this ride.....and we got nothing.

Was this a good year? Compared to the past, sure.

But we won nothig. Disappoiting.
Bandwaggoner..
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 06-21-2006, 12:21 AM   #27
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

too soon for this....still got too much bad taste in my mouth....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:21 AM   #28
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
I'm sorry.
Yea all 129 posts, get out of this thread.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:23 AM   #29
EastDallasCowboy

Enjoy that bad taste.

It should last with you until next year.

Assuming of course you can ever watch this travesty called the NBA again.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:24 AM   #30
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Enjoy that bad taste.

Why can't you just go away? There are plenty of threads to spew your garbage in. This is a positive thread.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 06-21-2006, 12:25 AM   #31
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Enjoy that bad taste.

get lost.

Last edited by dude1394; 06-21-2006 at 12:25 AM.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:31 AM   #32
EastDallasCowboy

Shame on you for having positve thoughts about this.

Do you not realize the Dallas Mavericks just lost the fucking NBA Finals?

THE NBA FINALS!!!

I wasn't, and am still not, ready to wait anothing 26 years for this chance.

How can you not be pissed off?
Old 06-21-2006, 12:36 AM   #33
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:

THE NBA FINALS!!!

I'm more depressed than pissed. But the Mavs are like a child to me. They made me proud by their effort and their overachieving. And make no mistake, they overachieved to get here. They're very early in their cycle with this nucleus.

I seriously doubt it's 26 years before our next appearance in the NBA Finals.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 06-21-2006, 12:38 AM   #34
dude1394
Guru

Quote:

THE NBA FINALS!!!

Get lost dude. You've got no cred, no long-standing around here. You might as well be a troll. If you want to go cry in your beer, cry in another thread. You don't have the skins around here to do it.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:40 AM   #35
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:

THE NBA FINALS!!!

I'm also more depressed than pissed. They had an awesome season, and I enjoyed it. You've gotten give them credit for what they accomplished this year.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:40 AM   #36
EastDallasCowboy

I pray to god that it isn't.

But we had our chance.

We had it, and we blew it.

Next year you've got SA, and they'll improve their bench.

You've got PHX with Stoudemire.

You've got a Clippers team that could get better.

You've got a Lakers team with cap room.

You've got Miami again. And DET again.

It very well could be 26 more years. That's why this is so angering and depressing. The Mavs have a great nucleus and could/should be back, but that doesn't mean they will be.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:42 AM   #37
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Thank you 2006 Dallas Mavericks! Thanks for an awesome run and always giving it your all even through adversity! Thanks Dirk for another great year leading this team, and thanks for the 'And One' that is the best sports moment of my life. Thanks guys.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:52 AM   #38
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, Dallas Mavericks, for getting us where we had never been before.

Thank yoou so much for that Game Seven win against the Spurs. That was special.
That goes in the memory banks forever.

Thank you for the ride. I stuck with you through two months of playoff games. I'm tired, as I'm sure you are. Let us both take some rest now.

It was great. 28 teams wish it was so great.

Thank you, Mavs.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:03 AM   #39
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

I am totally shocked I don't feel worse. After 24 years of buying Mavs tickets,I finally bought one to a finals game! I saw Dirk drop 50 on PHX in the playoffs. I saw the Mavs beat SA in OT. I was at the game in SA when Terry threw the punch. It was the greatest Mavs season ever, and the good memories temper the bad.

I hated the way we jump shot outselves to death, but its over now. This team is so young, it has such great growth potential. We have the opportunity to play at this level for a while.

Remember, this was a rebuilding year, and we just got really good really fast thanks to AJ. Maybe he wasn't Pat Riley ready, but without him, this year would have ended just like the year before. But we beat SA, and Beat PHX and its hard to feel bad about that.

Next year, Devin starts all year, and by the playoffs, we'll be outrunning PHX and outdefending SA. Terry's play justifies whatever he asks. Remember, Nash sucked in the playoffs before he left. Dirk will finish fixing his post game. Just like he fixed what small forwards did to him last year, he will never be beaten like this again. If Quis stays, maybe he'll get enough minutes to finally develop. I feel we can do this again, maybe better with a couple of the right kind of players.

Maybe tommorrow I will feel horrible, bt right now, beng number 2 feels a lot better than all those lower numbers we've been every other year.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:03 AM   #40
jhoistheman

jhoistheman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I pray to god that it isn't.

But we had our chance.

We had it, and we blew it.

Next year you've got SA, and they'll improve their bench.

You've got PHX with Stoudemire.

You've got a Clippers team that could get better.

You've got a Lakers team with cap room.

You've got Miami again. And DET again.

It very well could be 26 more years. That's why this is so angering and depressing. The Mavs have a great nucleus and could/should be back, but that doesn't mean they will be.
We had a chance, sure. We didn't quite get there. It happens.

SA can reload all they want. I no longer fear them.

Amare has to prove that his injury hasn't destroyed his career. I'm not sure we'll ever see the same Amare that we saw last season. Plus, Nash has to run out of gas sometime.

I've never, ever feared the Clippers. I certainly don't intend on starting now.

The Kobe Show needs much more than one offseason can get them. Without Kobe, they are the worst team in the NBA. Even Kobe can't will that team to a playoff series win up 3-1.

I still don't fear Miami. Detroit with Flip Saunders does not scare me. Case in point: Minnesota goes to the WCF. Next season: Implosion. Perhaps 'Sheed will feel the need to feed his kids. For some reason Rasheed Wallace just makes me think implosion.

You might think we're done. Fine. Dump the Mavericks. Do whatever you want. But please stop beating us down with your whining and complaining. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
jhoistheman is offline   Reply With Quote