Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 11-12-2006, 02:55 AM   #1
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light
Default Michael Redd drops 57 on the Jazz, and they lose the game

Milwaukee isn't going anywhere..that's for sure.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2006, 03:09 AM   #2
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Great job by him. I like seeing him do well, he's a great guy on and off the court.

The Jazz were up 20+ and almost choked this game away because of Redd's performance.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:49 AM   #3
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

57? Damn!

Btw, count me in the camp that is unimpressed by the Jazz's hot start.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:12 PM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

And how much did Cuban offer Redd?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:39 PM   #5
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

If I remember correctly it wasn't the full MLE.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:26 PM   #6
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

He had 24 points in the 4th qtr, he completely took over and singlehandly brought his team back...too bad they lost by 2. I feel bad for him
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:44 PM   #7
some-dude

some-dude has a spectacular aura aboutsome-dude has a spectacular aura aboutsome-dude has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
57? Damn!

Not impressed with Deron Williams being 4th leading assist man in NBA while shooting over 50% and putting up 17 PPG...? or is it Boozer's 22-12, or Okur 16-9, or the fact their best player has been garbage and they are still 6-1 with wins over Rockets, Suns, Pistons, Warriors, Bucks, Celtics.

Deron + Kirilenko + Boozer + Okur = Downright Scary.

Last edited by some-dude; 11-12-2006 at 02:44 PM.
some-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:52 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm surprised that someone hasn't pointed out that good players get 57 points for bad teams. I love watching Redd play though. He plays the game with heart.

Last edited by Drbio; 11-12-2006 at 03:01 PM.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 03:07 PM   #9
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
57? Damn!

Hmmmm..see ur comment is soo stupuid that i had to bring this up. So because Redd drops 57 on the Jazz. The Jazz are not good even though they still won???????

If i remmeber correctly Kobe dropped 63 on us in 3 qrts last year and we got killed...would you say that we wree not a good team?????

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 05:02 PM   #10
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
Hmmmm..see ur comment is soo stupuid that i had to bring this up. So because Redd drops 57 on the Jazz. The Jazz are not good even though they still won???????

If i remmeber correctly Kobe dropped 63 on us in 3 qrts last year and we got killed...would you say that we wree not a good team?????
Without any shooting guards to defend him? Yeah-- not as impressive as it might seem.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 05:50 PM   #11
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
I thought it was 15 mil for 3 years. I could be wrong.

He apparently thought it was enough because he signed to an offer sheet, but unfortunately for us, the Bucks matched.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 07:18 PM   #12
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
Without any shooting guards to defend him? Yeah-- not as impressive as it might seem.
Who is the sg on the Jazz????

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
Old 11-12-2006, 07:37 PM   #13
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

The Jazz are a solid club this season. I'm not sure they're really in "threat" status yet, but they're headed in the right direction.

As for Redd. The guy is good.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 07:39 PM   #14
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Redd is a great player, but if the Jazz can maintian this mindset for the rest of the season and if Sloan can make them realize what they can acomplish they will make it far

........GO MAVS
Old 11-13-2006, 12:18 AM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
No, he wasn't offered the full MLE...

sigh...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote