Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-21-2006, 11:51 AM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Link where all forums are listed.

I had a link last year that I really liked. It was

http://www.bleachermob.com/madness.html

It was a site of links to all of the nba teams message forums...It allowed me to go see what was up everytime we played someone.

Does anyone else know of a site like that?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2006, 12:12 PM   #2
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

I'm a really active poster at basketballboards.net, there's a board there for every team. It has its share of morons but overall, great discussion is had and new posters are welcome.
Old 10-21-2006, 05:28 PM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack
I'm a really active poster at basketballboards.net, there's a board there for every team. It has its share of morons but overall, great discussion is had and new posters are welcome.
Yea I can find the individual boards, the nice thing about the link in question was that they had all teams and the boards (about 10 per) listed in order of traffic. It was really useful.

Heck I may have to start my own...If so I'll post it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 10-21-2006, 05:29 PM   #4
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Bball-world.net is becoming like that. Also Justbball.com and realgm.com.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 05:32 PM   #5
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

I think I get stupider everytime I read something posted by a RealGM poster.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:06 PM   #6
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack
I think I get stupider everytime I read something posted by a RealGM poster.
Yeah they got some stupid posters. I'm hoping someday they'll have someone intelligent there.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 01:58 AM   #7
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
I had a link last year that I really liked. It was

http://www.bleachermob.com/madness.html

It was a site of links to all of the nba teams message forums...It allowed me to go see what was up everytime we played someone.

Does anyone else know of a site like that?
Dude, try the cache, it works:

http://web.archive.org/web/200503072...m/madness.html

I suggest you bookmark all your favorite sites for each team, like I did sometime ago from this very site!
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 02:01 AM   #8
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjz
Dude, try the cache, it works:

http://web.archive.org/web/200503072...m/madness.html

I suggest you bookmark all your favorite sites for each team, like I did sometime ago from this very site!
Hey that's pretty cool...How did you get it from the cache? Couldn't I just bookmark the cache?

Last edited by dude1394; 10-22-2006 at 02:02 AM.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:51 AM   #9
kriD
Platinum Member

kriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to all

The new home seems to be here:

http://www.kingsfanclub.com/madness.html
kriD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 10:47 AM   #10
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Hey that's pretty cool...How did you get it from the cache? Couldn't I just bookmark the cache?
The Wayback Machine is a pretty cool website, where they cache the pages of high-volume websites periodically. For example, here is the Mavs home page in April 1997:
http://web.archive.org/web/199704160...cks/index.html

You can read more about them here:
http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

You could bookmark the cache, but they are not guaranteed to be available in the future.
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 10:49 AM   #11
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriD
The new home seems to be here:

http://www.kingsfanclub.com/madness.html
Woo hoo...major props kriD!! Thanks.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:33 PM   #12
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjz
The Wayback Machine is a pretty cool website, where they cache the pages of high-volume websites periodically. For example, here is the Mavs home page in April 1997:
http://web.archive.org/web/199704160...cks/index.html

You can read more about them here:
http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

You could bookmark the cache, but they are not guaranteed to be available in the future.
If you look at this April 1997 link, and click on transactions, you can see the details of the 3 trades that shipped out the 3 J's.

Kidd was swapped for A.C. Green, Mike Finley and Sam Cassell. Doesn't look so bad for Perot's idiots. Compare to Nellie's swaps...Mashburn for Kurt "i'm hurt" Thomas, and Jim Jackson, Cassell, Chris Gatling and Eric Montross, for Bradley, Robert "I'm hurt too" Pack, Ed O'bannon and Ed O'bannon. No wonder they called him the mad scientist.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:40 PM   #13
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, and did any of that detritus amount to anything?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 01:10 AM   #14
Stylistic
Golden Member

Stylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah, I also post on Basketballboards.net, alot. The Mavs board has taken off the past few months. We need more people.
Stylistic is offline   Reply With Quote