Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-02-2006, 07:10 PM   #1
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Big 12 Vbookie thread

OU or Nebraska straight pick em.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2006, 07:22 PM   #2
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

I bet $220, but the true odds are 145 to 165. OU is favored by 3.5. Sounds advantageous for us Sooner bettors.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:35 PM   #3
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Its not like we do the true odds on anything else.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:35 PM   #4
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

BOOOOOOOOOMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:38 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

OU should win this game but I had to think about it all day. Nebraska is a darned good team.

This should be a good game. That said I am putting $500 on Oklahoma.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:50 PM   #6
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Its not like we do the true odds on anything else.
Good point. I didn't mean to single you out. Just looks like a good bet.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 08:09 PM   #7
Five-ofan
Guru

BTW, i have a question about the bcs and the so called experts. They keep saying this is the year that clearly shows we need a plus one. Really? Honestly if Florida wins, weve already had the first one(michigan) and the title game WOULD BE the plus 1. If florida played in the NC game then there wouldnt need to be a plus 1 because michigan already lost to OSU. I think florida would get spanked by OSU BUT all the controversy could be asuaged if we just let florida and OSU play for the national championship. I just really dont see any controversy this year that isnt easily avoidable by just picking florida for the national title game.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:28 PM   #8
Five-ofan
Guru

wow, i would be getting more pissed by the minute if i was an OU fan. If Fla loses than OU going to the national title game if they hadnt lost that game they got screwed out of would really have had a great chance of happening.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:11 PM   #9
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

As an OU fan, I have no problem with saying that a one loss OU team is not more deserving than Michigan.

Old 12-02-2006, 10:18 PM   #10
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
As an OU fan, I have no problem with saying that a one loss OU team is not more deserving than Michigan.
nor is florida but both would have had an outside shot at the game...
Old 12-02-2006, 10:28 PM   #11
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

I'm just not particularly pissed, because we wouldn't be deserving of going to the National championship anyway.

I'm starting to get pissed about the game going on right now.

Old 12-02-2006, 10:29 PM   #12
Drbio
Banned

Momentum has clearly shifted to Nebraska.

Come on OU....get it done.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:37 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Holy crap....are you kidding me?

Ugh....delay of game by Nebraska costs OU a touchdown.

Last edited by Drbio; 12-02-2006 at 10:38 PM.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:52 PM   #14
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Our offense is pathetic.

Not a safety. He cleared the line, and then was pushed back in.

Old 12-02-2006, 10:53 PM   #15
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Gigantic play, if only to switch around the field position.

Old 12-02-2006, 10:56 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

Thompson is MONEY right now.

5 of 6 for about 90 yards so far and they are about to score.

wow.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:59 PM   #17
Drbio
Banned

99.5 yard drive.....amazing.

TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!

21-7 Oklahoma!!!!!!
Old 12-02-2006, 11:00 PM   #18
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Malcolm Kelly is unreal. He'll start getting recognized nationally as a top 5 receiver next season.

Old 12-02-2006, 11:02 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

Now I wish the Oregon fiasco had not happened. I'm beginning to think OU could take Ohio State.

Big 12 above all others.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:03 PM   #20
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
Now I wish the Oregon fiasco had not happened. I'm beginning to think OU could take Ohio State.

Big 12 above all others.
tap the breaks but they would be ranked 4th at worst right now...
Old 12-02-2006, 11:05 PM   #21
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

*brakes.

OSU would eat OU alive.

Old 12-02-2006, 11:06 PM   #22
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
tap the breaks but they would be ranked 4th at worst right now...
If OU were undefeated they would be no lower than #3 and likely #2.

I think they would give Ohio State a darned fine game.

Last edited by Drbio; 12-02-2006 at 11:07 PM.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:07 PM   #23
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
If OU were undefeated they would be no lower than #3 and likely #2.

I think they would give Ohio State a darned fine game.
Doc, OU still lost to Texas, and it wasn't controversial. They would still be behind Florida and Michigan.

Old 12-02-2006, 11:08 PM   #24
Drbio
Banned

Chaff...that's why I said "undefeated". I think 5-0 is right that they would be #4 at worst.

Either way...I still think Michigan deserves a rematch.

Last edited by Drbio; 12-02-2006 at 11:09 PM.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:28 PM   #25
Drbio
Banned

SHOW ME THE vMONEY BABY!!!!!!!
Old 12-02-2006, 11:40 PM   #26
Drbio
Banned

Oklahoma is going to the Fiesta Bowl.

Congrats Sooners!
Old 12-03-2006, 11:10 AM   #27
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Doc,

I thought you were saying OU would be undefeated if they hadn't had the Oregon loss. Partially vague phrasing, partially me having tired head.

Oh yeah, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR RRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-03-2006, 04:51 PM   #28
Drbio
Banned

Yeah....my bad on the way I said it. It was confusing.

And Congrats!