Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 03-02-2007, 09:37 AM   #1
clifford08ma

clifford08ma has a spectacular aura aboutclifford08ma has a spectacular aura about
Default what's the final lineup of the mavs for playoffs???

so whos gonna take the final spot of the roster????

is it pops, ager or barea????

is it miller???

or a center that can be a very useful part incase we meet the spurs or the suns?????

hopefully we can get a center thats going to be more effective than gana nd erick
clifford08ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2007, 12:19 PM   #2
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

yeah--we're going to get a center that's more effective than Diop & Dampier, in March.

Wake up. We have the best team in the league. Our Center tandem has been very effective, providing good rebounding, shot blocking, post defense, setting good picks, etc. There are not a ton of center combos in the league that are more effective than our guys--and you think we're going to find one just hanging out on his couch waiting for the Mavs to call?
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 02:36 PM   #3
kriD
Platinum Member

kriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to all

The playoff roster limit is gone. Teams can now use all of their players (12 active, 3 inactive - designation prior to each game) throughout the playoffs.
kriD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 02:53 PM   #4
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi
yeah--we're going to get a center that's more effective than Diop & Dampier, in March.

Wake up. We have the best team in the league. Our Center tandem has been very effective, providing good rebounding, shot blocking, post defense, setting good picks, etc. There are not a ton of center combos in the league that are more effective than our guys--and you think we're going to find one just hanging out on his couch waiting for the Mavs to call?
p-pod.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:37 PM   #5
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
p-pod.
my bad, i forgot p-pod.

heck, i don't know why we didn't just trade DJ, Pops, AJ & Croshere for Yao or Shaq or somebody--everybody wants our guys.

well, I DID see Bradley at the Finals last year...albeit on the escalator to the terrace level. maybe he can suit up for us if one of our guys gets hurt.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:28 PM   #6
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Ooooooooooh...

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:59 AM   #7
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

You know, that might not be a bad idea for the last spot since Benga is out.

Shawn Bradley.

He wouldn't see much burn and get exposed. He could still anchor the zone as a change of pace guy. He would be insurance as a thrid center if one of the other two went down. Expectations "should" be small of him -- and I think he would over-achieve in that role.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:57 PM   #8
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202

Shawn Bradley.

He wouldn't see much burn and get exposed. He could still anchor the zone as a change of pace guy. He would be insurance as a thrid center if one of the other two went down. Expectations "should" be small of him -- and I think he would over-achieve in that role.
I like the idea of getting him too. To make it even better- he was loyal to Dallas for years, so if we could give him a last shot at a 'chip, it could work out very well.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 07:39 PM   #9
mavsmanic

mavsmanic is on a distinguished road

Looking at the free agents out there, the one guy I think could help us is Antonio Davis. He has not been out of the game for a long time, can play PF and Center, he is a good locker room guy and leader. I am not sure he is willing to come out of retirement for a chance to get a ring.
mavsmanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 07:57 PM   #10
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202

Shawn Bradley.

Avery Johnson would play 4 on 5 before he would play shawn again. May go for keith as well, but I don't think so.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:21 AM   #11
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Avery Johnson would play 4 on 5 before he would play shawn again. May go for keith as well, but I don't think so.
You might just be correct here..............

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:37 PM   #12
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Avery would much rather play center than have Shawn on the team.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:20 PM   #13
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Against big athletic threes and fours Devin George is inserted into the line up. Against smaller guards its the line up of Jet and Devin in the back court along with the usual suspects. I don't think we have a set line-up because of the lack of a traditional two guard.

Against Phoenix we might see a lot of Jet JHO George, Dirk and Croshere at the five.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:13 PM   #14
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

what's roy tarpley up to these days?
Old 03-19-2007, 09:02 PM   #15
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

pops or barea....no way ager makes it.

pops can help with rebounding and interior toughness if someone gets hurt.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:30 PM   #16
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Ager still has much to learn and prove until he gets Avery's full trust.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:36 PM   #17
fsadallas

fsadallas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsmanic
Looking at the free agents out there, the one guy I think could help us is Antonio Davis. He has not been out of the game for a long time, can play PF and Center, he is a good locker room guy and leader. I am not sure he is willing to come out of retirement for a chance to get a ring.
Antonio Davis is past his expiration date.. He was pretty much a dud past like 2002..

fsadallas is offline   Reply With Quote