Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-09-2007, 06:10 PM   #1
Bathouse Bear

Bathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these parts
Default Got My playoff tickets in the Mail

I am ready for a fun two months!
Bathouse Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2007, 06:12 PM   #2
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Lucky!
I will have to watch it all on my big screen, hi def, tv, from South Carolina.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:42 PM   #3
robz
Golden Member

robz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nice

I'm def flying out for round three, hopefully i'll be able to get a ticket
robz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:15 PM   #4
SeattleMavsFan

SeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by left texas
Lucky!
I will have to watch it all on my big screen, hi def, tv, from South Carolina.
lucky i'll have to watch it all on my small screen, low def tv from Seattle!...
Old 04-09-2007, 07:23 PM   #5
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleMavsFan
lucky i'll have to watch it all on my small screen, low def tv from Seattle!...
LOL......Hear high def as a problem through all the rain and clouds, so biggy.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:28 PM   #6
thurst0509

thurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to all

Got mine too.

Crossing my fingers that posting this doesn't jinx the team
thurst0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:54 PM   #7
robz
Golden Member

robz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoogE
Got mine too.

i hate you guys
Old 04-09-2007, 08:02 PM   #8
Henry_VIII

Henry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to all

It appears that you may have too many tickets to worry about (4 tickets and only 2 hands). This is a problem that I think I can help remedy as I have two more hands to offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoogE
Got mine too.

Henry_VIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:09 PM   #9
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

lucky bastards, what I would give to be able to watch one game at the AAC
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:39 PM   #10
Henry_VIII

Henry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to allHenry_VIII is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by endrity
lucky bastards, what I would give to be able to watch one game at the AAC
I attended Game 3 against the Spurs last year, and game 1 against the Suns. the Spurs game was by far better, but it doesn't matter. A post-season game is always great. I am hoping to find a way to at least one game in this post season.
Henry_VIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:52 PM   #11
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Meh, I went to Game 2 Memphis last year, hardly playoff atmosphere but understandably so.

Right now I'm just excited about my 170 dollar tickets for this Sunday. First game I'll be at that won't end up in a blowout...

So wait, how does this whole thing work? You pay for the whole playoffs and end up paying the same whether they last 4 games or 28?

Last edited by StackAttack; 04-09-2007 at 10:53 PM.
StackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:36 AM   #12
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

sigh. i live in houston now. if the rockets make it to round 2 i will be there!!!!

GOOO MAVS.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:39 AM   #13
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Thanks for rubbing it in......

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:50 AM   #14
thurst0509

thurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack
Meh, I went to Game 2 Memphis last year, hardly playoff atmosphere but understandably so.

Right now I'm just excited about my 170 dollar tickets for this Sunday. First game I'll be at that won't end up in a blowout...

So wait, how does this whole thing work? You pay for the whole playoffs and end up paying the same whether they last 4 games or 28?
It works one of two ways. If you've renewed your seats for next year and opted to purchase all of your playoff seats (which I assume most have), they issue you a set of tickets like you see in my pic. They're all marked "To Be Determined", since it's not known yet which games will be played and which opponents we'll be facing. At any rate, you just use the appropriate ticket for each game that's played, and they bill you once at the end of the playoffs for all games played.

If you haven't renewed your seats and still want playoffs, they make you put down a deposit which is equal to the full value of all the tickets, and you get the same booklet of tickets. At the end, they refund you for any games that weren't played.

Last edited by thurst0509; 04-10-2007 at 06:51 AM.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:34 AM   #15
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathouse Bear
I am ready for a fun two months!
Yeah, we got them, but that one little added note in the packet made me really sick. You know the one that said, that we cant buy extra playoff tickets this year due to a high number of season ticket holders. Each year, this is the best time to make some extra money to pay for your seats for next year. I have done this for many times now, and it always pay for next season tickets. Oh well, I guess I will just pay out of my pocket this year :-)
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:44 AM   #16
robz
Golden Member

so any season pass holders wanna hook me up with one ticket for round two :-) I'm flying out from New Jersey just to make it for one game.. think about it please. I can't imagine how much the street price is going to be for them :-/
Old 04-10-2007, 08:57 AM   #17
Bathouse Bear

Bathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Yeah, we got them, but that one little added note in the packet made me really sick. You know the one that said, that we cant buy extra playoff tickets this year due to a high number of season ticket holders. Each year, this is the best time to make some extra money to pay for your seats for next year. I have done this for many times now, and it always pay for next season tickets. Oh well, I guess I will just pay out of my pocket this year :-)
No Kidding. The Mavs aren't releasing that many tickets to the general public presumably because their are so many season ticket holders.

They only realeased 1,000 tckets for the 1st two home games to the general public. In years past they would release about 5k and last year was 3k.

I was looking foward to try and buy some extra seats, but they had none left.

Is that booklet with all the Playoff tickets not the coolest thing you have ever seen?
Bathouse Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:02 AM   #18
thurst0509

Yeah, the booklet is super cool.

I was camped out on ticketmaster.com at 10 am Saturday morning but wasn't able to pull anything but single seats for either of the first 2 games. Thought about buying a couple of singles but decided they might not sell too well.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:30 AM   #19
robz
Golden Member

how crappy were the 1000 tks they released?
Old 04-10-2007, 09:46 AM   #20
thurst0509

The ones I found were scattered throughout the stadium, and some were pretty good. But again, they were all single seats.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:11 AM   #21
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't mind missing tipoff, you could always go stand in line at the box office and wait for tickets to be released. The drawbacks: if you want to give yourself a decent chance, be prepared to stand in line for a good three hours....and there are no guarantees. I only had to do this for the WCF.

For the first two rounds, I had not problems getting single seats 2 hours before tip-off.

Outside of standing in line for the "ticket lottery", I didn't try to get in to a Finals game....I figured it was a waste of time.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 04-10-2007 at 11:12 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote